SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

Thats one of the mysteries,because i have a Lonrisun box and i did suceccfuly this update....But on the discrption it says for boxes with aservice port,and i never see or heard about a Lonrisun box with a service port,only the sunray boxes have this one...

If i were you,ust wait a week or 2 longer,this week and next week more people will owne a Sunray box and they are goiing to test it,then you can deside

It's rumoured that the Sunray Solo2 can run the latest images so the query of can it run v3 sort of becomes mute if what's being claimed is true.

I've just updated the drivers in my box from 12/12/2013 (these came with ViX3.0-808) to 24/12/2013. It's been reported that 24/12/2013 are safe as that's what is in VTI 6.0.5, will find out tomorrow if those reports are correct :)

I've just updated the drivers in my box from 12/12/2013 (these came with ViX3.0-808) to 24/12/2013. It's been reported that 24/12/2013 are safe as that's what is in VTI 6.0.5, will find out tomorrow if those reports are correct :)

Out of curiosity mate, the drivers for 12/12/2013 cause a bootloop when I install HBBtv on VIX Helios. Does the 24/12/13 sort the issue?

Out of curiosity mate, the drivers for 12/12/2013 cause a bootloop when I install HBBtv on VIX Helios. Does the 24/12/13 sort the issue?

No idea as I don't use HBBtv but these are the listed changes for the 24/12/2013 drivers so it might do?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Ok guys,today i wanted to know of the 2014/03/06 drivers were safe...Well...NO!they are the first one with the buildin timebomb..I put out my sat cable,swapped the 23/12/2013 drivers with the 06/03/2014.. shutdown!...Put the cable back in and started!...Well the box doesnt boot!..It doesnt...You only see the turning wheels,ages!!!Nothing happens...Then i re-swapped the drivers with DCC..reboot and it starts like nothing happend!

Ok the conclusion:The first TimeBom was in the drivers 06/03/2014 and the V3 update has a certain anti-timebomb protection,it doesnt go through the boot with those drivers!

Ok guys,today i wanted to know of the 2014/03/06 drivers were safe...Well...NO!they are the first one with the buildin timebomb..I put out my sat cable,swapped the 23/12/2013 drivers with the 06/03/2014.. shutdown!...Put the cable back in and started!...Well the box doesnt boot!..It doesnt...You only see the turning wheels,ages!!!Nothing happens...Then i re-swapped the drivers with DCC..reboot and it starts like nothing happend!

Ok the conclusion:The first TimeBom was in the drivers 06/03/2014 and the V3 update has a certain anti-timebomb protection,it doesnt go through the boot with those drivers!

aaah This sounds good. I mean think about it, normally on V2, if you put time bomb drivers, the only hope was TSOP flash chip replacement. Here we see with V3, no TSOP chip replacement required, so you can just switch drivers over and your good to go AND your able to actually access FTP so system is alive to some extent. Great stuff!

Now, if anyone knows, it would be great. How can you tell if your unit is V3 or still V2? I mean lets say I went out an bought V3, how can I tell?

Now, if anyone knows, it would be great. How can you tell if your unit is V3 or still V2? I mean lets say I went out an bought V3, how can I tell?
just do the v3 update again and you will know for sure ;)

just do the v3 update again and you will know for sure ;)

Not such a good idea. Existing V2 on the market dont support the upgrade. So if the sellers messing you about, your screwed with a box that could become faulty.

Any other methods?

I thought all V2 can go V3 - can't they?
or do you mean a second hand one that was upgraded to V2?

I thought all V2 can go V3 - can't they?
or do you mean a second hand one that was upgraded to V2?

As far as am aware, minisolo2 have managed to go through the upgrade from V2 to V3.

Vu Solo 2 still waiting heads up...

As far as am aware, minisolo2 have managed to go through the upgrade from V2 to V3.

Vu Solo 2 still waiting heads up...

No you are wrong...The V3 works also on the Solo2 NOT mini clones...there are several people who did succesfully this update... @dubliner and @IAmATeaf are a few...the only thing is that not everyone could get the update work,maybe didnt want to do it,or were frightend to get theire box bricked

But again this update is 100% for the Lonrisun Vu Solo2 and also works on the Vu Solo2 mini...I personaly would advice everyone to update his box,keep the old image,lock the drivers with Chattr and enjoy...

Because then you would be double protected,one from the update and one from the chattred drivers

No you are wrong...The V3 works also on the Solo2 NOT mini clones...there are several people who did succesfully this update... @dubliner and @IAmATeaf are a few...the only thing is that not everyone could get the update work,maybe didnt want to do it,or were frightend to get theire box bricked

But again this update is 100% for the Lonrisun Vu Solo2 and also works on the Vu Solo2 mini...I personaly would advice everyone to update his box,keep the old image,lock the drivers with Chattr and enjoy...

Because then you would be double protected,one from the update and one from the chattred drivers

Was just quoting what I was told. Anyway, from initial read of posts, it shows people who had the dragon board were good to go, those on lonrisun were waiting for some sort of update because lonrisun accidentally put update out but actually it didnt work and the remote had problems after update....and so on...

So your confirming the update released by ali on the first post will make it V3? and if it will, is there a way to check if its upgraded V2 to V3?

Also does V3 allow original images with latest drivers to be installed - I know its stupid to do, but out of curiosity would it?

dirkjan73 you can add me to the list - I updated mine running your image to V3 yesterday
Im not installing the latest image as dirkjan73 managed to get it updated and keep the old drivers
The only funny thing I noticed after reboot was that I couldn't install any plugin from feeds via remote (it was downloading >> installing >> error) so Ive done it from the terminal and rebooted again - after that the box works as expected
Ive also done the Chattr trick, I'm just waiting for the HDD now than I'll give it to my parents ;)

Last edited:
Good job @myga:) @pandax i know u have to be carefull but asking the same questions over and over again
Yes its for all lonrisun solo2 boxes...yes it works...no you cant get it bricked by updating to v3....yes u can get it bricked by online update

Sometimes you have to deside to have a go and do the v3 update or stay on what u have now but dont talk about it anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
What is important is the processor, not the name of the tuner.

I have downloaded and installed the BlackHole-2.1.0-for-SunRay2-vusolo2_usb image,this is the real deal,it has the latetst drivers and HBBTV and Youtube.tv are working!on my Lonrisun solo2 mini updated to V3 it starts,without the sat cable inserted,but i didnt configure mine tuner yet so it cant sync with data and time,before that i want to show you the picture of the drivers,and escpecialy the DVB-bcm7356 file,you see the time indicated on that? 01.01.1970,i think when i am going to configure the tuner it will sync time and my solo2 mini will be caked....dcctime.jpg

Ok i will do that asap D2,but first i want to know,a question for all the people who got them units bricked with the timebomb,this what happend:

Like i said i installed it with the sat cables out...after that i plugged it in...put my settingslist and put on aGerman channel..then i saw the spinning wheel,for 2 a 3 seconds i pushed at that moment the of button on the back...Then i restarted and saw the Blackhole loogo and was booting,then i putted OFF again from the backsite,

My question is:Could i have saved my box by pushing the off button on the back on time,or am i talking rubbish and when it starts then it doesnt matter hoe quick u are youre box is bricked..

Back