Soccer Manager Online DW League now live :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Soccermanager Online DW League now live :)

So how long do bids take after each Match or can you get them instant looking to sell the dead wood and get some younger better players in

bids will always take roughly 24 hours you can bid at any time, you can put players up for sale, but its a lottery if they get sold sometimes u do get offers quickly

if you want to move on dead wood sometimes the best option is to use them in player deals involving other clubs

also if there is a player your keen on but not wanting to bid shortlist him that way you get notified if someone else bids for him ;-)

also if there is a player your keen on but not wanting to bid shortlist him that way you get notified if someone else bids for him ;-)

Got to say, I'm quite excited. It's a brilliant game, sort of a lite version of FM.

Quick question, do the stats improver/decline according to their performances in the game world or in real life?

Edit. The stats are updated by their researchers depending on their real-life performances.

Managed to secure a decent youngster with promise. Hopefully he improves. :)

Last edited:

the game is superb and in many ways better than football manager as you dont always have time for footie manager but with this you can log on and tinker away, if you read about a youngster with promise the database gets updated all the time so you need to nip in before others do ... and its superb to get a boy at 10k and then sell him for 2/3million! :)

good luck with your first game, im hopeful season 1 goes well and more on DW get involved..

lol whichver one of u is chelsea is taking the p1ss lol ;-)

Lol ! Sorry that was me! Couldn't resist! I take it you've turned me down!

lol what do you think!lol to be fair my offer was very very good, as he wont be in ur first team and even if he breaks into first team he will be lucky to go up + 2 you dont get +10 rises etc.. in 2 years time he may hit 86 lol

everton stole michael owen from under my nose..was gonna buy him after work FFS ..
yer like rats up drain pipes u lot ... lol..pissed off now !
i knew i shudda bought him last night !! ggrrr

thx janobi !!! :p

SHOWDERS..accept my offer for benayoun please ...

Last edited:

everton stole michael owen from under my nose..was gonna buy him after work FFS ..

It's says illegal next to that transfer what's that all about

Got to say, I'm quite excited. It's a brilliant game, sort of a lite version of FM.

Quick question, do the stats improver/decline according to their performances in the game world or in real life?

Edit. The stats are updated by their researchers depending on their real-life performances.

Managed to secure a decent youngster with promise. Hopefully he improves. :)

Erazor, the stats are based on real life performances and ratings however their current performance in the game is very much based on morale, soccermanager form, fitness and overall tactics.

Quite a neat coming together of real life AND virtual form if you like.

You'll be hopelessly addicted 10 days from now.

Good Luck Everyone!

SHOWDERS..accept my offer for benayoun please ...

Get that bid up son! Show me the money!!!

coming along nicely chaps looks like all of div 1 now full! so starting to open up jobs in div 2

some bigger teams in div 2 (i put them in there to make div 2 a little more appealing)

inter,ac,juve etc..

if you havent already signed up you have till sunday around 7 then i can no longer asign jobs until end of season...

good to see the transfer madness start early (remember though once injuries kick in you might regret going for strikers when u need a full back!) lol and have no money!

** now 1 division 1 team available again but we have 2 signed up for division 2! so we are getting there :)

Celtic still available in div 1

Last edited:

how long is the transfer window open for?

plus anyone else not like, how the chairman has control on how much value you put on a player when you choose to sell him. It's a bit of a pain. It might just be at Madrid tho, Chairman has all the power

Also found a little tip, which is handy to know. Check the lenghts of your playes contracts as i had a few at Madrid only with 1 year left, not good. So tied them down to another 4 years. Can't have them going on the cheap lol

how long is the transfer window open for?

plus anyone else not like, how the chairman has control on how much value you put on a player when you choose to sell him. It's a bit of a pain. It might just be at Madrid tho, Chairman has all the power

Also found a little tip, which is handy to know. Check the lenghts of your playes contracts as i had a few at Madrid only with 1 year left, not good. So tied them down to another 4 years. Can't have them going on the cheap lol

well the chairman thing is there to avoid abuse say your mate joined and he was everton and needed money you could then buy tim cahill for 70m lol it means its fair imo

good shout regarding contracts i generally tie my new signings down to 5 year deals that way if they improve greatly in ratings you dont need to give them silly money every week :)

Can understand the value cap, it's a fair system, just a pain when you want to get rid of a player who's overpriced and if you knocked it down a couple of mil he would easily be sold.
But as you say does stop people abusing the system. Enjoying it so far, good game. Very much on the same layout of Football manager with the design, layout etc. Plus if you know bargain players in that game, might take the gamble with them on his as well lol

the following teams are still remaining 24 hours(ish) to register after that registrations will be locked down to end of season1

Division 1
Celtic

Division 2
Newcastle United
Lyon
Sunderland
Villarreal
Juventus
Valencia
Bolton Wanderers
Borussia Dortmund
Aston Villa
Ajax

see a clever bugger buying chamberlain very cheap lol

see a clever bugger buying chamberlain very cheap lol

hehe...got to get in there quick boys 50k today, once his 10m move comes in the summer sell him on ;-) you know it makes sense rodders! :)

just a point on that to illustrate how ratings and value goes, if he is sold for say 10m in the real world his rating may only go up to say 80/84 his value will maybe rise to around 3-4m not the market value in real life, until he breaks into the first team gets a run of games etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back