sly cards getting killed??

Would it not be best for people to put up:
Area: they live
Box: they are using to share
Software running: like ccam
Date card was killed:
Do u sub to Sky:
Also info on what internet they are using, just incase people have sky internet as well.

Just so there can be a little more info to look at. Dont think it will help alot but the more info the better?

MB

but on the other hand that could be giving too much away?

or am i just being paranoid?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hmmm i thought ppls cards were getting killed as their entitlements were till june time.. ?

agreed
it would be nice if we could collect a database of victims, that way we might be able to isolate any factors that were common within all of them.

chronoman, did you leave the card in the original sky box for two nights and that is around about the time when your card died?

we should also be asking when entitlements are due and when they ran out last.

Last edited:
newcs 1.67RC1, went off about a week AFTER entitlements updated, a quick phonecall sorted it out though

Havent had a chance to physcially check my'n, been away from home for a few days I can see the entitlements have been updates to a date in July however via the webserver to CCCAM.

- I've had the card removed from the dream and put back in the original HD box for now, just to be on the safe side.
- Good idea from to see if there any common points as mentioned in earlier posts not sure whether it will be as simple as this though..

doubt it would be net based mate as they wouldnt know which ip's to target.
all of their emms are sent via satellite.

what i wanted to know is that do these 'dead cards' come afloat around about the time when entitlements run out or does it happen randomly?

that might indicate whether or not the dead cards are due to emms sent alongside the monthly entitlement updates or whether these 'killer' emms can be sent at any time during the month.

if its the latter then it would basically mean that we have no protection whatsoever as we have no idea when the killer emm is sent.

Cheers,
CrazyFool.

I should fookin hope they haven't got a range of IP's to target attacks lol.

Cheers,

JohnO

Anyone heard anything further on this, everything seems to have gone quiet...was this just a case of some cards missing EMM updates and hence having to be updated in an original STB ?

i think it might have been a small scale test to see feasibility of a card kill. Probably the precursor to the end of CS.

I heard it was hit and miss, i.e. some got hit (although lots of peoples entitlements ran out as well supposedly) and some didn't so looks like a blip at the moment.

Sly IT have been messing with anti C/s methods for the last year or so.

JohnO

I had my sly card running in DM500S using only CCcam 2.1.4 quite happily and updates were not due until June. On May 14th the card stopped clearing premium channels but CCcam Info showed that the card was still reading OK and entitlements were still showing as June. Put card into official Sly box, and message about card being unauthorised was there on all non-FTA channels. Phoned Sly and card came back on within 5 seconds, removed card and returned to DM server. Entitlements now showing as July. This freaked me out a bit as I thought some kinda testing was being undertaken by Sly and I see that this is widespread. Did all the affected cards all go down on May 14th ???

why dont we have a full list of

where ?
when?
what did you not do?

lest build up a data base so we know whats been happening

mine didnt go off on 14/5, but last month it did, just after the entitlements had been updated

Ok, im worried now! Im using ccam 2.14.... mine did NOT go off last week when everything kicked off! Should I not be using ccam 2.14 or what?

card entitlenents updated here.....to 17/7/10

only prob i ever had with 2.1.4 and white card crashing was when i had epg set to auto update, happened twice, got re-activated with phonecall to sly, turned off epg a/u ,,,,,never had prob since january

what EPG were you using, can't see how that would be linked, all of the sat EPG plugins i know used a feed on "11778.00 V" and it's not encrypted or anything..

the auto updating EPG's just zap to a channel on that transponder.

not really tying the 2 together, just pointing out thats when i had prob with card crashing........but not since

Even though it might not be encrypted the emu still trys to process the ecm which obviously dosn't get processed which then causes massive spike in ecm usage. Its even that bad its caused most servers to block the channels via the fline.

All the above relates to cccam and people not switching the epg plugin to return to standby after it completes, am guessing this was the issue bod?

Si

Has anyone else suffered from this epg problem witht their card?

I have always had au off from clients but currently have all emms off even on my own box. I need to update the card soon though so don't know whether to stick it in my sly box or switch on my au.

Anyone got any further info?

Back