sly cards getting killed??

wot images on boxes was getti used ive had no probs entitlements updating showin emms each day but not gone off

ENTITLEMENTS are up to 17/17 for me. I have epg auto updating overnight too....No probs as of yet (touch wood)

I had my sly card running in DM500S using only CCcam 2.1.4 and it went off this morning. Called them and still waiting to get picture back:(

on the server box, the one hosting the card.

- From yor PC Navigate to http://ip addess of server:16001
- example http://192.168.1.233:16001 (if your box ip is 192.168.1.233)
- Enter username and password for box, should take you to some CCCAM server info pages click entitlements button.

on the server box, the one hosting the card.

- From yor PC Navigate to http://ip addess of server:16001
- example http://192.168.1.233:16001 (if your box ip is 192.168.1.233)
- Enter username and password for box, should take you to some CCCAM server info pages click entitlements button.

cheers mate. this is what I got

card reader /dev/sci0
handled 0(0) ecms and 0(0) emms
Nds card xxxxxxx

Entitlement info
003 02-08-2010
00b 02-08-2010
0010 02-08-2010
001d 02-08-2010
30e1 02-08-2010
30e2 02-08-2010
30e3 02-08-2010
30e4 02-08-2010
30e5 02-08-2010
b732 02-08-2010
b736 02-08-2010
b765 02-08-2010
b766 02-08-2010
b772 02-08-2010
b773 02-08-2010
b846 02-08-2010
b860 02-08-2010
b8d2 02-08-2010

Called them and told them I had been away on holiday for 12 weeks. They said the card would be up and running within 4 hours.

It still didnt work... It turns out my input 1 on my tuner is buggered on my sly box and the box cant recieve a card update from tuner 2. They are sending an enginerring around to check the sly box.... Means mum & dad and have TV :(

Last edited:
He means do you allow clients to update your card via EMM updates...check your F Lines for your clients.

F: user pass 0 0 0 <---- 3rd Zero alllows clients to send you EMM updates, which can update entitlements on your card if this zero is set to 1. If left at 0 they cant update your card.

He means do you allow clients to update your card via EMM updates...check your F Lines for your clients.

F: user pass 0 0 0 <---- 3rd Zero alllows clients to send you EMM updates, which can update entitlements on your card if this zero is set to 1. If left at 0 they cant update your card.

Gotcha... I had entitlements from clients off. Would it have helped if I had them on? or maybe I should have put the white card back in the box once a week?

I dont really know, at the minutes it's just pure speculation as to why some cards seem to being deactivated and others not..

Without knowing what is happening, i.e: what is being sent to the card that causes it to stop clearing channels ? Is it specifically a card attack or is it some form of EMM/ECM that CCAM is not processing correctly etc...

That is the thing.

Is it an attack from sky or is it cccam buggering things up.

A lot of people have said so long as you dont allow emms from clients you are fine, but as has just been stated it looks like you aint.

So the question is, is it sky sending specific emms out to bugger you up if you are using an emu, or what if the card is in ano0ther sky box that isn't paired to card? You should still recieve updates as I think the basic package still works in unpaired box. Anyone willing to try this?

Put my card back into my dm500 server (using an old dm500c) ealier before I posted my Entitlement info. Card is now working fine and releasing all channels without an update in original sly box.

Sorry but this is all well above my head........

My gut feeling is this is nothing to do with sly. If they were to attack it would be much more widespread. That said I do think it is only just around the corner. With the end of free virmin everyone has joined the band wagon. Not knocking anyone as so have I but it took me months of trawling through websites and info etc to get enough knowlesge to cs with cccam where as the demise of hacked vermin has forced the hand to more openly talk about cs and ultimately end with too many people doing it for sly to not do something about it

Been away a few days. Come back today to find my card has updated in my DM500s clone.
I'm using PLi 20100507 maxvar image with CCcam 2.1.4. and have full Sly package. My box is still unscrambling channels. So not been disabled.
I'm in the N.E

The more I read the more I am starting to think there is a bug in ccam/newcs.

Is it true they have both started developing, could this be their swansong finale?

for 18 months, ive been saying the new white card will be full of tricks

first was the double ECMs, the teams worked round this
then the boxkey, again, this was worked around

now the boxkey is being erased from the card and entitlements reset, the teams will work around this, as its probably only an ECM command, that i think only an official receiver will correctly reply to, but this could be logged, analysed, and worked around.

After this, there will be more, ive got ideas that i think could be implemented to work against CS, but discussing what could possibly be done, could give ideas to those who who havent yet thought of such things

its always a game of cat and mouse, but, CS is no longer about sharing, its about money. for years CS was let go, as most were also active subscribers, now though, theres commercial servers, and they are taking subscribers from the rpovidors, so, if the providros can stop the cards from being able to be used in non official equipment, they can stop them being shared, and this is whats killing the 'hobby'

once this new anti CS 'bug' is worked around, i think theres 2 or 3 maximum more counter measures against this, then, probably in a couple of years, due to cost of the subscribers, theyll use court cases against commercial servers to calculate how many 'subscribers' each server holds, from the config files on seized servers, theyll guesstimate how many servers there are, then approach shareholders, and show them how much money theyre LOSING by using viewing cards

then we will start seeing the cardless receiver

these already exist, i have 2 here, for ABS CBN phillipino channels

commercial card (not sharing) servers is the death of the satellite 'hobby' for everyone, its just a matter of time how long itll now take to die :(

A very good point digi. I was thinking the other day why don't they just make cardless boxes, and that would stop all.

Mind you the cost would be astronomical.

Back