sly cards getting killed??

fes_786

Inactive User
Reaction score
been reading a few other forums and seems like some sly white cards are getting killed

show entitments but dont decode??

and in orignal box it says not authorised??

any thaughts???

I've had a little read of some of the comments on various forums and not quite sure what to make of them. Its pretty obvious that the so called "experts" on those forums have absolutely no idea how smartcards work so its very hard to tell whats happening from whats been said.

If half of its true then looks like Sky may be sneaking an update to certain cards via a cam thats not functioning in the same way as the real cam on the sky boxes. Alternatively, it may be that real sky boxes are allowing an update which dreambox cam's dont.

Well maybe when the experts on here have finished hacking n3, they could take a look at this..lol

Si

signals are being sent to the card to de-authorise it from its paired receiver. the only way to get it working again is to phone sly and have them re-pair it, it says this message on every channel in an official receiver

my personal view is that the official receiver recognises this EMM and stops it, as its probably programmed to do, as long as its the official receiver for that card. emulators pass the EMM onto the card, disabling it

this is also happening on new official receivers firmware when you swap a receiver

having the correct boxkey in an emulators configuration file makes no difference

Dont like the sound of this, looks like CAM development teams will have to update CAMS to discard the de-pair EMM if thats whats happening.
Unless theres some sort of blocker you can manually apply in the CCAM config.

hmm this is intresting

so orignal box with orignal card will dismiss the emm
but a emulator will pass it on

but most people are reporting its a cccam problem
those that use newcs arent hit supposedly

so this de authorise emm if u were logging the stream u should be able to see it a mile off becuase it would look different and posibly have a different signiture??

just what im thinking

So is it currently advisable to disable emms and update in official receiver?

Dont want to alarm people but CCcam has never had the best reputation in blocking emm's

Si

ok so im running a dumb dm500s server

if i stop my client sending my card emms in the F line then i should be ok??

because the server is not hooked up to the dish

and do the following:

DISABLE EMM : yes
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : NO

then my card wont get any emms and i stick it in the official box the night before entitlements run out and i should be ok?

ok so im running a dumb dm500s server

if i stop my client sending my card emms in the F line then i should be ok??

because the server is not hooked up to the dish

and do the following:

DISABLE EMM : yes
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : NO

then my card wont get any emms and i stick it in the official box the night before entitlements run out and i should be ok?

in theory m8, yes

but

it could also work the other way round, in that an EMM is sent, that the card receives, which in turn sends a request to the receiver, and if the correct reply is not received, the card de-authorises itself

this could happen at any time, not just when entitlements need to be updated

had this problem the other week with my card.phoned and they activated again.
They said it was due to card being taken out of box although i had it in legit box for 24 hrs b4 the update was due

but the emm wont reach the card = emms diabled
so it will only reach the card when u put it in the orignal box and it will get correct reply
then u put it back in cam??

this is quite strange

Dont suppose it can be made clear what exactly is happening without a log of the stream to see what is being sent to the card etc and whatr reply is returned /expected..
I wonder if the CAM logs themselves hold any clues or have any out of the ordinary messages.

Just doing some more reading on this and it looks like even calling sky to send new emm doesn't always solve it. Some folk are getting fresh cards sent out.

Surely that would suggest a problem with the cards rather than Sly purposely sending an emm...

Why would they kill the card then go to the hassle of reissuing unless they are issuing a new rev of card...

It's suggests they are blowing an eFuse of some kind or writing to an OTP bit of eeprom.

Also would now be a good time to say NDS can probably include executable code inside an ECM aswell :)

Also would now be a good time to say NDS can probably include executable code inside an ECM aswell :)

They almost certainly can do exactly that. If they are using that facility then blocking Emm's is unlikely to have any effect whatsoever.

Both Kudelski and Sky have learned a lot of stuff by experience in the last few years !

nds and whoever else will ALWAYS be one step ahead as its their systems the emulators are trying to work, and the emulators that we all use are openly available for nds or whoever to download from anywhere and reverse engineer them

its only since the big commercial card sharing servers have started springing up in the last few years that its getting harder and harder for the true hobbyist to enjoy playing with things like this

commercial cardshares killed the hobby for everyone, and because of that, they will be their own undoing

who wrongly said 'you can never get too much of a good thing'?

also, as an afterthought to be added on

i have now heard of about 20 customers, contacted out of the blue by sly, for a free upgrade to HD, with no charge for HD channels, and every one of these customers has had their original receiver form 1998-2000

first generation receivers are failing at a tremendous rate, i do jobs for for all these rip off insurance companies who pretend theyre sky to get people to sign up, and see shit loads of 1st gen receivers failing for no apparent reason

if the hardware cant keep up with the software, then they need to get rid of it

EMMs de-authorising cards and self executing code to run in the cards memory is the least of it, in january 2009 i said that allsorts would be happening with these cards, this is the begining of the end of C/S for UK ND$ imo. in 3 years time, the talk will be 'do you remember when.......'

Back