sly cards getting killed??

So a card missing one update might be all sky need for that card to stand out then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One missed update doesnt really make a target card.
There are various ideas on how normal card function could be used to make a card stand out if its not in an official receiver. The boxkey seems most obvious route, this has to be managed by an emulator -so you cant just block it, but if managed with other nanos it could create a target card.

Emulations can usually fix these attacks once its known what commands are used and how to correctly emulate cam/card data in future. This is where the cam developers provide support, which may be about to fade away if cccam & newcs have stopped development? The big question for me really is, why have sky not implemented counter attacks for several years? (apart from a routine card change)

so if a card only gets updated in a official box then u got a good chance of not getting killed

but a card in a emulator has a higher chance of getting killed

i have a seasons interface which i used to use to log the n*l stream for keyrolls .etc

could i use this to log what being sent to the card by dreambox and by offical box??

Hi

I have just started on the sat side
Have sat at caravan brough my card home (only used for internal cs )
I have used my dm500c as a server to test a share with 2 dm500s

I the card is used in a dm 500c as server would this stop card from being killed
If I am only updating card in paired box

Hi

I have just started on the sat side
Have sat at caravan brough my card home (only used for internal cs )
I have used my dm500c as a server to test a share with 2 dm500s

I the card is used in a dm 500c as server would this stop card from being killed
If I am only updating card in paired box

Nobody knows the answer to that but although you will receive no emms from the sat as you dont have the server connected to dish if you have set the server to receive emms from your clients which are connected to dish then you will increase the chances of card getting hit most probably

hi
this is only a internal share not even connected to the internet
looked at the entitlements on till august(the card will be back in paired box most weekends)

thanks again for reply

like the brother said,
Very little is known,
It would be wise to keep the card in the original if your not in need of the network If you can be bothered with switching cards. although i doubt very strongly that an internet connection is the cause of the kill.

May be we should have thread "Sly Card Killed" on here specifically for people who have had their card killed.

On the said thread they can describe, what their set up was when their card got killed.

Last edited:
Back