SKYBOX F3 - recovery kit for bricked or fail boot.

Thanks just recovered my Skybox F3
If you get the screen below and STPT on the display this fixes it
I think i left a usb drive with the wrong firmware in it and got this message when it booted up
But this tutorial fixed it thanks dude!"

Attachments

• Skybox_F3_Bricked.jpg
    Skybox_F3_Bricked.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Fair chance it could be the psu at fault. Easily checked when you get access to your meter. PSU only has 3 different outputs according to the pics I've seen.
I would be checking to see if 1 or more of the output capacitors are at fault. If they start to dry up they will lose a substantial amount of capacitance, this results in a significant lowering of the voltage appearing in that circuit.

There are visible signs to look out for. If the top of the capacitor isn't flat but slightly domed then it's most certainly seen it's day. Best way though is to monitor the outputs for low voltage (in the absence of an esr meter)

If it belonged to me I would repair it. If someone asked me to repair it I would refuse. The replacement board is only £15-£17, cheaper than my time for repair.

Chuck it in the bin for gods sake,Crap box in its day never mind now,If your that hard up got about 4 old ones knocking about some where

Chuck it in the bin for gods sake,Crap box in its day never mind now,If your that hard up got about 4 old ones knocking about some where
Those older boxes You mentioned.....- Any associated remotes ??..... - How can I contact You for possible payment + 2nd class post? , arrangements ??....... - Andy.

Yep......ole bin is still an option.,.... - ta for Your offer?..... - Andy.
Have yours repaired for a fiver mate. He's advising you to chuck it in the bin, why hasn't he chucked his 4 in the bin?
If they're as bad as he says' why did he buy 4? 😂 😂😂

This is a technology forum, sometimes items are worth repairing for fun rather than the money.

Have yours repaired for a fiver mate. He's advising you to chuck it in the bin, why hasn't he chucked his 4 in the bin?
If they're as bad as he says' why did he buy 4? 😂 😂😂

This is a technology forum, sometimes items are worth repairing for fun rather than the money.
Because they still work you muppet and they were old customers boxes who then upgraded to zgemma and since newer models again,As for not chucking them in the bin totally forgot i had them

Aah "old customers boxes", dealer got stuck with them...shame.Forgot he had them.............yeah, course you did.
Calls me the muppet 😂 😂 😂
New member asks for help, you offer this..

"Chuck it in the bin for gods sake,Crap box in its day never mind now,If your that hard up got about 4 old ones knocking about some where "
You call me the muppet??😂😂😂

Aah "old customers boxes", dealer got stuck with them...shame.Forgot he had them.............yeah, course you did.
Calls me the muppet 😂 😂 😂
New member asks for help, you offer this..

"Chuck it in the bin for gods sake,Crap box in its day never mind now,If your that hard up got about 4 old ones knocking about some where "
You call me the muppet??😂😂😂
If the caps fits the wear it 😁 😁 I will message the gent above and most welcome to them muppet

Top chip on his shoulder isn't all that bad, probably get back to you when he recovers from his little tantrum😂 😂😂

Fix it yourself dude, we'll help you out. Soon as you have access to your meter let us know.

Dear Topchips..... - contact Me on My landline - number,s in POST in Your "MEMBER,S PROFILE"....2 see it go 2 "MEMBERS" top of page - down left side type TOP in search members - select TOPCHIPPYLES an, then U will C it there in Your profile - That is how I found the page 2 contact U more discreetly than open here - given up gaff now - !!.......ASAP - O.K. - Andy - ps funds (limited) available SOON (FRI).....ope U get this.....
Not a great idea to post your phone number on any forum mate.
If i were you i would remove it.
It is visible for everyone to see.
😯

Also you have openbox F3. I recall having one of them so many years ago.
I have seen prices thrown about costing £15/£17 for parts!!!!
For an extra £8 you get a new openbox!! And thats the V8s model.
(new with warranty)?

Last edited:
Dead box was sold as parts , 2 Me @£8.00 incl. on eBay.... - Had thought it 2 be fuse possibly - But not so - lead on 2 reloading - still dead - possibly psu at fault.....no more known ..... - will be checked over by engineer much later this year - shop closed - virus threat......Don,t C any ,arm re; tel. number - BUT THE GUY STILL AIN,T CALLED ME UP - AND NO HOAXERS PLEASE !! ......So maybe U got something there Mr. Riverman.....say wot if somebody posed as TOPCHIPS - !!.....Well I wouldn,t know that , BUT NO MONEY WILL BE SENT THRU TILL BOXES HERE AND CHECKED OVER -.......... Das Orl , Baby ..... - ta - Andy.
You stand little chance of anyone sending you anything and letting you check them over before parting with any cash. You're not willing to show any trust yet you expect a guy to package, go to the Post Office and send them to you before you decide to pay or not?
Dream on baby :rolleyes:

Mate there is very little i dont know about openboxes, i worked with them for years and released channel lists for them.
I sold my “two zgemma 2s twin tuners with an openbox V8s” years ago for £60.
I personally would weigh up the pros and cons. You have a 10 year old box that has severed its time. Some people love them boxes as they cheap wee piece of work and work well.
Only experience i have had with them boxes was due to “boot loop”. Mostly happens when wrong firmware is flashed of flashing wrong channel list format.
Apart from that they are great wee boxes in a budget. I would not throw money at it for getting fixed and would not buy parts (thats if it even fixes it)
If i paid for STB 10 years ago at £40 and lasted 10 years i would give the box a proper funeral with military honours.

What do you mean by this mate?
and now having been reminded of any posers / hoaxers by Riverman there
What do you mean by above quote my friend?
I advised you to removed your phone number that is able to be seen by everyone online?
I was just thinking of your privacy mate.
😯

Gave up trying to read that. You haven't been on the Strongbow and something else with our Joeblaze by any chance?

@ajc123 im lost with what you posted there mate.
🙂
If this issue you had was VU boxes or any other top-spec boxes i would advise you to get parts “if needed”.
The reality of it is the box is that cheap its not worth throwing money at it mate. As previously said..... just get new one buddy. They are cheap as hell, thats if people still sell them. As F3 and V8s “CAN NOT RUN OSCAM”.
Although you say its only FTA use only. You could get a cheaper box at £15/£20 from argos to job you require.

Just “do not” throw money at the box for repairs mate.

@ajc123 im lost with what you posted there mate.
🙂
If this issue you had was VU boxes or any other top-spec boxes i would advise you to get parts “if needed”.
The reality of it is the box is that cheap its not worth throwing money at it mate. As previously said..... just get new one buddy. They are cheap as hell, thats if people still sell them. As F3 and V8s “CAN NOT RUN OSCAM”.
Although you say its only FTA use only. You could get a cheaper box at £15/£20 from argos to job you require.

Just “do not” throw money at the box for repairs mate.
Hi stevie,Just for the record chip will not be posting anything end of conversation

VU "top spec" ------HAHAHAHA......really ??......- jus another expensive dope - like PROTEK et all.....U is kiddin, - dunno why U av bothered at all to come on here with more guff like this......As for RGOS shop , then I,d say those Older boxes got more character about ,em.... - Does it jus as Gud as PROTEK - I know cos I got 1 ,o dem 2.......- mostly they sit there disused with some 15 sats. in My motor lists.... - Ignored cos I am a "radio person" instead or something like that......ASTRA 1 GERMAN networks can be handy , tho , if BBC R3,s stuck up it,s own jazz bum !! (temporarily).....rather chuck some beer money in mate.... - that repairs it...... - Cheers - Andy.
Mate stop fooking quoting me!!!
I have just hit you on “ignore”.
Goodnight.

Back