shares

porche944

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a sub Sly card which I'm trying to use in my Vu+Duo box with VIX 2.0. I just like the box and its way better than the Sly one.

My problem is that some of the Movie channels (about 4 in all) stop working come evening or just randomly!

I'm not using it as a server just locally and if I put my card back in the Sly box all the Movie channels work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Signal s good.

The channels work some times and not others. I'm going to downgrade to 2.1.3 and see if that helps.

shouldnt really be an issue as your reading your own card m8,maybe try putting on the latest channel list and see if that helps 1st

shouldnt really be an issue as your reading your own card m8,maybe try putting on the latest channel list and see if that helps 1st

Which list is that mate? A re-scan?

Thanks

Which list is that mate? A re-scan?

Thanks
no he means download a channel list like rats, and use dreamboxedit to ftp a new bouquet over to the box with the latest frequencies for the channels!

I've got the latest SilverFox bouquets.

The problem is that some times the channel works and some times it does not.

I'll look at the download section again.

Thanks.

makes me think its a signal issue too, what signal are you actually getting on these channels!

When I plug my Sly box back and the card all the channels work fine.

SNR 52%, AFC 76% These are the same for all other channels.

the tuners are better in the official sky boxes though, and a signal of 52% is awfully low mate, try sorting your connectors out see if that makes a difference, then if not you may need to try and realign your dish to get better snr, as that would seem to be the problem i would guess!

i know as well that the signal reading on the duo could be very off at times not reading what it should,i dont know if that issue was ever resolved

iv just checked my snr on sky premier hd and im getting snr 84 and agc 83 so its more than likely your signal mate, try and get it better and see what happens!

Not sure what I can do about signal strength. But Comedy gives an SNR of 42% and I can watch that fine.

Just doing a rescan to see if that helps.

check your connections 1st of all, as if your connections are abit dodgy this will severely affect your signal, if they are fine, then you will need to align dish better!

OK. Done a full scan and tried the channels from the ALL menu and still no change.

I've tried using the second slot as well and still the same channels don't clear.

ya dish must be msaligned mate, untill you try you will never know, just loosen the bolts slightly and knock it a couple of mill at a time, or if you have a sat meter use that till you get a good lock!

if its not software side, and your connections are all fine, it can only really be your dish, especially when your in the 40% snr, thats no good!

OK. I just didn't want to play around with the dish as 95% of the channels are working fine.

Will have to look at the dish later.

Thanks for the advise.

Back