Service plus - I assume it's not coming back

suffolktoon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Doesn't appear to be any significant progress, and certainly not enough to consider paying for another 'year' of it. At least the box itself is good and I got six months out of it. I pity those who only bought in recently.

Doesn't appear to be any significant progress, and certainly not enough to consider paying for another 'year' of it. At least the box itself is good and I got six months out of it. I pity those who only bought in recently.

I had mine for a month and to be honest now how know how to use the box properly service+ is just not an issue

Im sure if we handed out a linux receiver to a lot of our members theyd be prayin for their spiders back

So easy to do with the help of others on here

Learn about this box you will forget service+ indefinately

Brian

I have had my box since last september and I am happy with it.
I really do think that people behind the scene are working on fixing it, but I guess they have other jobs to do as well, at least it looks that way from what boxer26 was saying on another forum.
I do not have any cccam lines or anything in my box as I dont know anyone who would give me one and I do not want to give my details out to people I dont know on one big pay server.
So i'm like you guys I await for the full return of the Service + but I apprecitate that people who have not had the box long feel aggreaved.

Some channels are clearing but not enough to get to excited about. Only had mine for 3wks b4 it went of. Cccam lines & newcamd are the way forward..

I have had my box since last september and I am happy with it.
I really do think that people behind the scene are working on fixing it, but I guess they have other jobs to do as well, at least it looks that way from what boxer26 was saying on another forum.
I do not have any cccam lines or anything in my box as I dont know anyone who would give me one and I do not want to give my details out to people I dont know on one big pay server.
So i'm like you guys I await for the full return of the Service + but I apprecitate that people who have not had the box long feel aggreaved.

A lot of servers will accept "PayPal" payments effectively isolating you from them. Even when Service+ was running at it's best it never opened some providers which a line will open, so it is worth the effort of "reading between the lines (no pun intended)" a bit.

i think a lot has to be said for the ability to add another option to the box but so you can with a lot of other non linux stb boxes that are a lot cheaper than the spiderbox .
people did not buy the spiderbox to be told seek other options to open more packages they bought it for the channels that were included in the price that were meant to be included for one year as per darkmans original statement and selling point (how many boxes would have been sold without the one year gift ? a lot less i think ).
yes you can add a line to view certain packages that are not included with the gift
but you have to find a spiderbox friendly server i had a line that did not blip at all on the tm9100 but on the spiderbox it glitched like anything ecms were higher than they were in the tm9100 and disconected for no reason and you had to reboot everything to get it going again (got told by the support forum problem is at your end spiderbox has no issues with cccam and it clearly does as people still have issues with cccam now
i must state now as my guy now uses oscam and i changed to newcamnd it has behaved a lot better under newcamnd then it ever did under cccam
anyway back on topic service+
why has darkman not issued any more information just one post to say he had an operation and is now recovering over a month ago and no more info from him considering in the modern world you can get internet access almost anywhere including mobile phones i find it strange that he is not posting more about this situation .
he is not even posting info on any of his products or any of his new products
i think even if people know where to purchase lines and how to add them the real question is why should they spend the extra on something they have allready paid for in the add on patch for the spiderbox as when the box first went on sale you could have had it £40 cheaper if you did not have the one year gift patch but then this option was taken away so it was only at the dearer price with one year gift included.
as previously stated they could have bought an fta hd box a lot cheaper than the spiderbox but instead bought the spiderbox so they did not have to purchase a line oas loads of channels were included with the gift patch for the box.
some people think they have wasted money on buying spiderbox as it only offers a few extra channels on 16e and 1w that a lot of people can not recieve and a few that come and go on 13e but a lot of people look at 19e say for french and spanish options which were good and had english audio on a lot of spanish for footie and movies and there is not a flicker of info on these main packages and people would just like to know if it is coming back as if not they think they have spent more money then they needed to on an fta hd box that they can add a line to if they wanted .
an openbox s9 costs about £75 a spiderbox 700hd costs about £150 double the price but now you still have to buy a line if you do not want fta box
just my opinion but a lot of time has passed and not a lot of answers
if everything got taken away tell us
if it is not returning tell us
let people know with weekly updates what is happening
remember the people who bought the boxes paid the wages to a lot of people
so a little customer service and curtisy goes a long way
not a lot to ask really

Last edited:
could not have put it any better m8.yes i am one who was looking for a new box i was going to buy the dreambox or duo but after reading up on the spider i plumped for that yes the reason for that was the how simple the box was to set up but the main reason was the service+.i also just want a straight answer so i can move on in other ways.

Very well said dont put this opinion on his forum tho you'll be banned within seconds lol... The truth hurts!!!!

Digidude made a thread just for members who want to complain and here's the link to it https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/261908/

Ok lets try to balance the books a little, first I have requested information on the return of Service+ and when I have a reply either way I will post it for Spiderbox owners to read. Thats all I can do as far as that goes.

Now re 16E and 1W anyone with a well installed motor/dish will get these satellites providing their dish is a suitable size for their location.

I have a Spiderbox 9000 combo and last week I bought a Openbox S9 to compare with the 9000, the answer it just dont. YES the S9 does work but the overall quality of build is not the same, the remote is basic, it's not user programmable for other items of equipment. Overall for £80 yes its a very good buy BUT the software is not very good and the softcam only opens a few Cryptoworks channels and at its best is very limited (we are told the softcam will be extended but not when).
My Openbox will be going to a cousin who is only interested in 28.2E so she will be pleased with it.

About three weeks ago I bought a Technomate TM5402HD and I am still playing with it, yes I'm happy with it but was very surprised that Hispasat was missing from the satellites list, I have added it and will post a channels list for it shortly.
Now as far as I can see using the same line in both the TM and Spiderbox (not both at the same time) in honesty cant find a lot of difference between the two as far as CCCam stability is concerned. If this is contrary to other members findings then I cant answer as to why this should be EXCEPT to say I am using a private server with a strictly limited number of users.
Both the TM and Spiderbox have about the same build quality but the one thing missing on the TM is a programmable remote as I use this feature a lot.

All receivers have their good and bad points no one receiver will be "The Ultimate", as for Service+ as I said at the start I will relay whatever information I get as soon as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just disappointed due to it being my first box & having it for 3wks then woossshh no channels... Panic panic settin in due to lack of knohow, but 4wks on, the box is very user friendly hd is top notch ( even better on a 50"). No info is this biggest let down!!

people on here keep telling you buy a c line its the way to go ,even though you bought that box so you didn,t need a cline,

Last edited:
tbh you are better off getting a card and setting up a share with your friends instead of paying for a line from a payserver,payservers will be the death of the hobby m8

people on here keep telling you buy a c line its the way to go ,even though you bought that box so you didn,t need a cline,

I have to both agree and disagree with your post. Yes as an introduction to the server scene the Spiderbox with Service+ was great, not only a really good receiver with first class HD performance but easy to install using a USB memory stick.
I have installed them in eight minutes straight out of the box, and programmed them and connected to Service+ and all working in eight minutes flat.
Could not be easier, no Linux to learn, anyone can do it easily.
Service+ was always intended to be a "taster" of whats possible using this type of receiver and we MUST face reality, the days of the emulator receiver or using a cam ARE all but over.

The loss of Service+ (and please lets be fair here as the charge for the Service+ was if I remember just £40 over the non Service+ version) has been a blow and I agree new owners will feel quite justifiably they have been badly let down.
BUT we must remember that the loss of Service+ was in no way deliberate, it was caused by factors beyond the control of the company supplying the Spiderbox receivers, and also remember ANY server can be closed down and many have been.
This is one very good reason for starting your own sharing group amongst your friends, maybe all chip in for a card and share the cost.

As I said before when I have information on Service+ I will post it whatever it is, until then there's nothing I can add.

I'm just disappointed due to it being my first box & having it for 3wks then woossshh no channels... Panic panic settin in due to lack of knohow, but 4wks on, the box is very user friendly hd is top notch ( even better on a 50"). No info is this biggest let down!!

Yes the lack of information is a let down, I have asked for information as to what is going to happen with Service+ and am waiting for a reply.
All I can say for now is when I know you will know.
You should be able to receive channels on 39e (softcam), 16e (service+) 13e (service+) 5e (softcam) and 1w (service+).

I've just found 39e today so thats a bonus, I also found some good stuff on free to air on a diff sat to listed above.

Also was watching allo allo on 0.8w bbc, made me laugh

all this cline cccam stuff is mad confusing

Last edited:

a line is just basically a ip address along with your unique login/password details that you put in your box to tell it were to go to connect to the server. regards mdt

I repeat what mdt has said, once you have a line its a piece of cake to install.
On the 9000 it goes like this.

Press menu
Locate Accessory, highlight Network, press OK.
Set Type to ON, go to Server setup and press OK.
Select 01 press OK.
Set TYPE to CCCam
Step to Name or IP address and enter the Name or address.
Step to Port and enter the port number.
Step to ID and enter your ID
Step to Password and enter your password.
Apply press OK.

Now lets say (and this is not real so dont try entering it) the provider sends you an email saying something like janis.joplin 12000 real blues this would work out as.
Name or IP address = janis.joplin
Port = 12000
ID = real
Password = blues
Apply = OK.

Thats all there is to it sooo simple, just watch out for typing mistakes such as "." "," "q" "g" in case you think no one would make so simple mistakes IVE made them ALL.
Come on get a line and give it a go just watch the typing thats all you need to do.
:Cheers::Cheers:

Last edited:
Back