Scammed a scammer today! lol

eder

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Won a Iphone 3gs 16gb on ebay for £295 inc p&p. Took the seller 6 days to post the thing when he eventually did the box arrived here empty.

Contacted seller and opened Paypal dispute. Seller said he posted the phone, Paypal asked me to file a report with the Police as the claim is for more than £150, so I did.

Then I had a thought. Went to my local PO with the package the seller sent to me put on the scale it weighted 199g.

Contacted Paypal and asked if the seller had provided a scanned copy of the PO receipt they said Yes he did, I asked what was the weight of the item at the time of the posting, surprise surprise! 199g!

Went to my local Apple store and found out that a FULL box weight 599g.

This proves that the seller indeed posted an empty box!

Paypal refunded my money 2 hours later.

here is the fun bit,

Contacted the seller saying that I contacted Solicitor and bla bla bla, and legal action are on the way for "fraudulent sale" (pure bullcrap! lol) and that I would drops all charges if he pays a compensation of £100 for the distress!

30min later he sent £100 to my Paypal account and asked me to "Please drop the charges mate" lol

The scammer has became the scammed!

It is a lot to read I know guys, sorry! :Sorry:

nice one mate! although should be heavier penalties for folk who do this!

nice one mate! although should be heavier penalties for folk who do this!

I know, when I filled the police report they said they don't get involved at all in any thing less than £500 and they only give emotional support.

Yep that was his words! I said "chill dude I wont get depressed because of that" lol

Haha nice one, wouldn't have thought of weighing the box, thanks for the tip :).

Won a Iphone 3gs 16gb on ebay for £295 inc p&p. Took the seller 6 days to post the thing when he eventually did the box arrived here empty.

Contacted seller and opened Paypal dispute. Seller said he posted the phone, Paypal asked me to file a report with the Police as the claim is for more than £150, so I did.

Then I had a thought. Went to my local PO with the package the seller sent to me put on the scale it weighted 199g.

Contacted Paypal and asked if the seller had provided a scanned copy of the PO receipt they said Yes he did, I asked what was the weight of the item at the time of the posting, surprise surprise! 199g!

Went to my local Apple store and found out that a FULL box weight 599g.

This proves that the seller indeed posted an empty box!

Paypal refunded my money 2 hours later.

here is the fun bit,

Contacted the seller saying that I contacted Solicitor and bla bla bla, and legal action are on the way for "fraudulent sale" (pure bullcrap! lol) and that I would drops all charges if he pays a compensation of £100 for the distress!

30min later he sent £100 to my Paypal account and asked me to "Please drop the charges mate" lol

The scammer has became the scammed!

It is a lot to read I know guys, sorry! :Sorry:

nice one m8 one up on them scumbags you report him to ebay cause hes going to do this again

LOL Nice one m8 ! well done for bein on the ball when you realised the weight.

I know, when I filled the police report they said they don't get involved at all in any thing less than £500 and they only give emotional support.

OMG, is that for real?

So basically we can all sell 'nothing' for £499.99 and will have nothing to worry about, since the Police aren't interested?

OMG, is that for real?

So basically we can all sell 'nothing' for £499.99 and will have nothing to worry about, since the Police aren't interested?

they said that Paypal have their own "investigation dep" therefore they just get involved to thing worth more than £500...

Why do people still use ebay for stuff like this when there are top forums around to buy and sell cheaper and with reputable people...

Why do people still use ebay for stuff like this when there are top forums around to buy and sell cheaper and with reputable people...

Like where m8?
Not a sarcastic question, I genuinely don't know...thanks

Back