Possible scammer

Hope my email still gets through, lol.
I replied saying:

Hello John,

I am getting ready to go for blood tests but I will return your payment when I get back as I don’t know where to get the gift voucher from. Also I think you are being way overcharged by the van driver.

It is still available if you want to find someone else.

Good luck

Ian.

Will see if I can string him along a bit. Perhaps even to the point where the "driver" shows up so he can leave with f**k all.
Just had a reply....

Ian hes not over charging

I am in Norwich.

Also you can get the gift card from most stores when you go out. Sainsbury, tesco asda or morrison

Let me know when you have the gift card

Would be nice to have him drive from Norwich for f**k all 😂

they use hijacked paypal accounts, send you the money from the victims account, which clears into your paypal, then when the victim realises a lump has gone from their bank, and eventually regains control of their paypal account, paypal take the money back from you, even though it was sent as F&F, leaving you out of pocket, and minus your item

String them along for as long as possible

String him along. When the driver arrives tell him a buyer turned up with cash and couldn’t turn it down. You tried to get touch but your internet is down so couldn’t email him to let him know🤫

String him along. When the driver arrives tell him a buyer turned up with cash and couldn’t turn it down. You tried to get touch but your internet is down so couldn’t email him to let him know🤫
Realised that no-one was ever going to show up avid. The whole scam is to get the victim to buy the gift cards and scratch them to send the codes to the scammers.
The 2nd email I received from "PayPal" was to tell me the funds were on hold until I had bought 2 x £100 and 1 x £15 gift cards and did what I outlined above.

I suspected this John Cook to actually be an African scammer. I sent him the picture below of the scratched gift cards and he replied "Ogun lo ma pa e" which I suspect is Nigerian for something I would rather not do.

Untitled.jpg

Realised that no-one was ever going to show up avid. The whole scam is to get the victim to buy the gift cards and scratch them to send the codes to the scammers.
The 2nd email I received from "PayPal" was to tell me the funds were on hold until I had bought 2 x £100 and 1 x £15 gift cards and did what I outlined above.

I suspected this John Cook to actually be an African scammer. I sent him the picture below of the scratched gift cards and he replied "Ogun lo ma pa e" which I suspect is Nigerian for something I would rather not do.

View attachment 136418
Tell him to "Suck his mama wide toto" and see what happens :).

they use hijacked paypal accounts, send you the money from the victims account, which clears into your paypal, then when the victim realises a lump has gone from their bank, and eventually regains control of their paypal account, paypal take the money back from you, even though it was sent as F&F, leaving you out of pocket, and minus your item

String them along for as long as possible
That's exactly how it happens, leave the money were it is and play him like a harp.

no money was ever sent its fake paypal emails . no money will be in the paypal account

I would have told him to send the van round and give him some sealed up cardboard boxes (claiming it's the goods) and sealed envelope (claiming they are gift cards as requested).

When they are opened they would contain some bricks and the envelope a note telling them they are a scammer and to go f**k themselves :p

I would have told him to send the van round and give him some sealed up cardboard boxes (claiming it's the goods) and sealed envelope (claiming they are gift cards as requested).

When they are opened they would contain some bricks and the envelope a note telling them they are a scammer and to go f**k themselves :p
Like I said, there was never going to be a van come round. The scam revolves solely about getting the target to buy £225 worth of Amazon gift cards. The codes were then to be photographed and emailed to the scammer.
A very unsophisticated scam. Should imagine most have the PayPal app on their phone which alerts you when you have received or sent funds. Would imagine their success rate is quite small.

Yes but I would tell him you would give the gift cards direct to the driver ;)

Yeah I guessed it would never turn up - the point is in the unlikely event he does.... these chancers will always try it on. Have fun with them.

You say there success rate is small but I know somebody I used to work with got conned out of sending a macbook a few years ago to an address on the 'belief' he had received paypal funds from fake paypal emails. An idiot born every day...

Back