Satellite Virgin

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Chaps , new to the room and looking for some advice , I live on the south coast and am looking for someone to recommend a receiver and motorised dish to get as many channels as possible ,

Dreambox or Technomate and where do I get the Technomate/dish from ?

Can anyone recommend a guide for me to read all of the links in Digidude's sticky are dead

Cheers

Last edited:

logic_187

DW Regular
Reaction score
in terms of what reciever.... if you prefer to have an item with more functionality then i would geta linux reciever like a dreambox BUT this comes at a price as its can be fairly complicated setting it up and configuring items for a novice. if you want something simple that will do the job i would get a technomate.

Personaly dreambox is the way to go...you may find it hard at the beginig but the rewards are good ;-)

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
in terms of what reciever.... if you prefer to have an item with more functionality then i would geta linux reciever like a dreambox BUT this comes at a price as its can be fairly complicated setting it up and configuring items for a novice. if you want something simple that will do the job i would get a technomate.

Personaly dreambox is the way to go...you may find it hard at the beginig but the rewards are good ;-)

I know my way around a 500c so will prob go for the 500s , is there a guide for the dreambox anywhere , like i said in my previous posts digidudes guides in his sticky are all dead

also can anyone post a link to a motorised dish they would recommend for use with a 500s do i need an 80/100cm dish

Cheers

Last edited:

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
100 would be better,search on ebay for motorized dish

good little vid of setting on up aswell

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBErZGBb2Fo[/ame]

logic_187

DW Regular
Reaction score
setting up the dream box isnt that hard if you have done a 500c...in fact its the same with a few differences...... its the actual dish/motor setup thats a real ball buster. With that there is only little room for error else you wont be able to pick up all the sats on the arc.

for a motor look for a technomate(2200) or a moteck motor. make of dishes shouldnt matter too much.

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Cheers for all the advice chaps , off to buy some kit now

Cheers

TEST