SAD SAD SAD : Technomate EMU support = RIP ???

wolftje

DW Regular +
Reaction score
This was posted on a well known forum ....
Magic

Darkman has given me the opportunity to join the *** Team. This will give me the chance to work with new generation receivers. Unfortunately the Technomate receivers are no longer able to keep up with the new technology available on more advanced chipsets. For this reason, I will no longer be able to provide any new patches for technomate receivers. Thanks to all you Technomate users for all your support in the past, it has been a pleasure, but it is now time to move on.
Please understand that it is Technomate who are ultimately responsible for the support of their receivers. Technomate has made quite a sum of money from their receivers, but it has been left solely to me to carry this burden of support for some time. I can no longer support such a wide range of their receivers without sufficient help. I have therefore decided to join a dedicated and talented team of patchmakers for the spiderbox receivers where I will not be expected to do everything myself.
Thank you for your understanding.
-----------------------------

So this means Tm Emu support is RIP ? snif ....

but it has been left solely to me to carry this burden of support for some time

this bit made me smile

magic himself did not write this, the grammar is all wrong for him. his grammar aint this good

this has been coming for quite a while, if you read the stickies at the top of their TM forums about press announcements etc youll see its been on the cards for ages

i personally cant see TM support going though

Last edited:
The main thing that worries me if the unofficial patches dry up is if Sky change something with these new white cards and no one is there to try and fix it or if TM bring out some new features/bug fixes on the official patches that we're missing off the unofficial ones.

I'm not interesting in card sharing or the few Digi channels, I just want to watch my legit subscriptions and FTA stuff on my favourite TM6900 box.

Edited to add: Hopefully they'll find someone else who can upload...

Edited to add: Hopefully they'll find someone else who can upload...

im sure theyll work something out m8 ;)

as technomate are not publicly linked to any unofficial software, there will only be one public side to this story, and thatll be whatever darkmans team decide to write

technomate receivers are still being produced and developed, a new non linux model is in the pipeline, so would support stop when new models are due out? one of the main selling points of TM receivers is their 'patchability'

without that support, sales would drop to near zero, TM knows this, the actual people who write the patches know this, and the site that has been releasing the patches knows this, and now it looks like taking all the credit for it is going to bite them in the ass as the darkman patch that became the magic patch is likely to become something else

but still be the same

Indeed. Interesting to see how it will develop. I still love my Technomate boxes and am holding out for a DVB-T2 version of a 6900/7100 or equivalent.

im sure theyll work something out m8 ;)

as technomate are not publicly linked to any unofficial software, there will only be one public side to this story, and thatll be whatever darkmans team decide to write

technomate receivers are still being produced and developed, a new non linux model is in the pipeline, so would support stop when new models are due out? one of the main selling points of TM receivers is their 'patchability'

without that support, sales would drop to near zero, TM knows this, the actual people who write the patches know this, and the site that has been releasing the patches knows this, and now it looks like taking all the credit for it is going to bite them in the ass as the darkman patch that became the magic patch is likely to become something else

but still be the same

It would be apt if it was called the "DigidudePatch" after all the support you have given us on this forum dude and on A**at :proud:

It would be apt if it was called the "DigidudePatch" after all the support you have given us on this forum dude and on A**at :proud:

i wouldnt take credit for someone elses work m8, if i did, id probably be an als*t admin by now, instead of enemy #1 for speaking up when i feel the need to lol

This was posted on a well known forum ....
Magic

Darkman has given me the opportunity to join the *** Team. This will give me the chance to work with new generation receivers. Unfortunately the Technomate receivers are no longer able to keep up with the new technology available on more advanced chipsets. For this reason, I will no longer be able to provide any new patches for technomate receivers. Thanks to all you Technomate users for all your support in the past, it has been a pleasure, but it is now time to move on.
Please understand that it is Technomate who are ultimately responsible for the support of their receivers. Technomate has made quite a sum of money from their receivers, but it has been left solely to me to carry this burden of support for some time. I can no longer support such a wide range of their receivers without sufficient help. I have therefore decided to join a dedicated and talented team of patchmakers for the spiderbox receivers where I will not be expected to do everything myself.
Thank you for your understanding.
-----------------------------

So this means Tm Emu support is RIP ? snif ....

i must say this is the biggest crock of shit ive read for along time, he's about as magic as me thank fook for korean programmers thats all i got to say on this:proud:

the only good thing about this and it is good

for how many yrs i dont know but darkman/magic ( the same person BTW)

has been comeing up with all this shite about his patches well now you will all see the patches will still be coming out but not with the name change

now he is going to do the same with the spiderbox

i think he should go for a new name how about

frontman

because that is all he does front for somebody else and take all the glory

so hallelujah god is dead

long live digi the true technomate king

the only good thing about this and it is good

for how many yrs i dont know but darkman/magic ( the same person BTW)

has been comeing up with all this shite about his patches well now you will all see the patches will still be coming out but not with the name change

now he is going to do the same with the spiderbox

i think he should go for a new name how about

frontman

because that is all he does front for somebody else and take all the glory

so hallelujah god is dead

long live digi the true technomate king

lol @ the last bit, i can see the admin laughing at that once its copied over to their 'digidude' thread in the admin section ;)

Well, I thought a bit the same when I was reading that original post.
It will be passed on and finnaly we'll move along here :)

I'm sure *forum was almost plain dead concerning TM
And dropping every interesting post and banning everyone who dared to say their View ...

And that 'arachnid' Shit box, COme on, Just buy a Linux Technomate receiver :)
or A Dreambox ( if you have more money to spend )

lol @ the last bit, i can see the admin laughing at that once its copied over to their 'digidude' thread in the admin section ;)
digi m8 have u ever give a fook about what they say about u over there???

i dont think i ever posted the shite they sent me about u
how u are a sly spy etc etc but u allready know all this

i am suprised i still havent been banned from there
lol

Let DW be the home of new TM patches I'm sure DD can do something.

Most people only went over there for the patches including me and if patches are released here no point in going to that sh*t hole any more.

Let DW be the home of new TM patches I'm sure DD can do something.

Most people only went over there for the patches including me and if patches are released here no point in going to that sh*t hole any more.

i only went to get banned and that didnt take long lol then they unbanned me nice friendly forum lol

I've been banned there myself haven't checked to see if my old account is still active. I changed my ip and signed up with a new account.

am i the only one who thinks that its more than a coincedence that the s*****box is released and a short while later the tm,s are dropped!!

digi m8 have u ever give a fook about what they say about u over there???

i dont think i ever posted the shite they sent me about u
how u are a sly spy etc etc but u allready know all this

i am suprised i still havent been banned from there
lol

they never said i was a spy, they said im a spie lmfao, they do have some good people on the team over there, the sad thing is they are told what to say, one site i was a mod on even banned me because i speak the truth, even though the 'sponsors' didnt like it lol

if you want to get banned, post a tutorial that ive made on there, theyll ban you for that

on DW what you see is what you get, honest opinions from people who actually own and use the equipment, not people trying to kiss-ass and only talking up the equipment the sponsor sells while deleting and banning posts and members who have problems with it

the same is also happening on the spiderbox forum, that im a member of ;) and im sure ive seen the same grammar that boxer26 uses somewhere before, but cant quite place it lol ;)

wheres bobi and his CS spiderbox now lol

infact the whole thread is a scaremongering tactic to promote sales of the spiderbox does anyone agree,btw im not slating the spiderbox as i dont have one im a proud owner of a fully supported technomate lol

looks like magics announcement has been specifically timed for a reason that i cant discuss, but, ive had confirmation that support for technomate is a long way from dead

Back