router drops connection

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as title really
I have a Netgear WGR614 router and every few days it drops all connection,I cant accsess the router from my favs (netgear smartwizard) if I reboot the router all seems fine,I was wondering if this is normal or have I missed a save settings somewhere ?

cheers Guys

Cordless phones can cause disconnection problems. If you dont have one perhaps one of you neighbours does.

Bluetooth also has the same effect.

Also try changing the broadcast channel you router transmits on.

Finally if that doesn't work change you MTU setting in the router to 1492. Shouldn't do anything for LAN access but I have been on jobs where it has done the trick (strange)

cheers m8 :) I do have a cordless phone lol and Ill check those setting u said ;)

I've had issues with netgear routers doing this and found they have issues with the their internal log becoming bloated when using p2p or torrent. Best check that the logs are disabled and see if this make any difference :)

FiGgY132 said:
I've had issues with netgear routers doing this and found they have issues with the their internal log becoming bloated when using p2p or torrent. Best check that the logs are disabled and see if this make any difference :)
cheers m8
I have looked it logs before and noticed thats its full ,so maybe I should clear them once a week .Just looked in router setting and cant see a disable feature

Back