Eeprom reading hardware

itsLES

New Member ++
Reaction score
Evening all. Been a while since i was on here. In fact it was back in the days of freeview when i was an informed regular. I recognize a few names
from when there were fewer members and cant believe the size of it now. Had so much useful info, sharing and fun and can see it still has and even more.
Anyway,... my wife doesn't have the code for her standard car stereo and although i was used to programming eeproms, mainly wafer cards,
i have now forgotten the lot. My question is, what do i need minimum in terms of hardware, to read the eeprom on the radio. Would it be possible to use an arduino? I still have my wafer programmer hanging around somewhere if that might be of any use? thanks

@itsLES
Out of curiosity, what was your previous username?

I joined in what i think was 2000 give or take some months and obviously not as many members so my username was available then and it was 'Les'

Welcome back mate.

Cheers mate, looking forward to catching up and helping out where i can.

Reading and writing to a 24LC512 external EEPROM chip with Arduino

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You will have to see what eeprom chip is inside the radio and do a bit of research ect

Evening all. Been a while since i was on here. In fact it was back in the days of freeview when i was an informed regular. I recognize a few names
from when there were fewer members and cant believe the size of it now. Had so much useful info, sharing and fun and can see it still has and even more.
Anyway,... my wife doesn't have the code for her standard car stereo and although i was used to programming eeproms, mainly wafer cards,
i have now forgotten the lot. My question is, what do i need minimum in terms of hardware, to read the eeprom on the radio. Would it be possible to use an arduino? I still have my wafer programmer hanging around somewhere if that might be of any use? thanks
what is make of car
post serial number etc. you may not need to read eeprom

what is make of car
post serial number etc. you may not need to read eeprom
Hi smoggie. The car is a Suzuki and the sticker on the unit has ID No 39101-62J2. MODEL No 39101-62J20-BZH. Ref No CQ-MX0673G.
Serial No 260951. Thanks

Oh well. Thanks very much for your help. What do you think would be my best way of going about doing that, like my next step?
Would i need to buy a reader? Could i put one together? I do have some experience with this but need refreshing
and am pretty handy with the practical side of electronics. Wow, I recall newb questions when i helped out on here and now see
myself in their shoes once again, feels kind of odd.

Oh well. Thanks very much for your help. What do you think would be my best way of going about doing that, like my next step?
Would i need to buy a reader? Could i put one together? I do have some experience with this but need refreshing
and am pretty handy with the practical side of electronics. Wow, I recall newb questions when i helped out on here and now see
myself in their shoes once again, feels kind of odd.
sorry, I'm opposite to you I know very little about electronics but I can decode dump files

Take the cover off the radio and see what eeprom is inside then have a look at the link i sent you 446 and 447 post

Vista,Win7,Win8,Win10

CH341A USB Programmer Technical Specifications:

Support 24EEPROM and 25 SPI flash 8pin/16pin chip

before you rip it apart contact a dealer as a record of the code might be easy to get

Back