rolling rolling rolling !

after reading i know how to connect, what do i need to download for the fix and how do itransfer the files. i am in pure ntl.

after reading i know how to connect, what do i need to download for the fix and how do itransfer the files. i am in pure ntl.

All I did was download it and FPT it to var/keys

JonMMM,

Thanks

I was off air for longer than 2 mins - I also restarted Evocam & still had the problem afterwards, I'd guess I was off for about 10mins before I manually updated. Next time I'll wait & see if it clears after a longer wait.

sorry if I set off any panics - I'll wait and see a little longer next time.

whilst you guys are helping me with connecting my box to ftp the files. can someone pm me the latest keys for ntl

what image do you have on your box?. all you have to do is ftp over the new rom fix ver to the box and overwrite the existing one and then restart the emu.

i am using dw2.0 image and replace the new rom key again waiting to see next roll if is it works.

tw glasgow here with rom7 fix from other day. Channels went off this morning with the latest key roll, went out for a bit as its a nice day, came back in just 5 minutes ago and channels have auto cleared. weird.

I am in ex-cw area and keys rolled causing my dreambox to stop working properly. I am using dw2.o evocam 2.12. I have just ftp'd the new roms for 7,10 and 11 and restarted evocam and all working fin now - many thanks to developers:Clap:

JonMMM,

Thanks

I was off air for longer than 2 mins - I also restarted Evocam & still had the problem afterwards, I'd guess I was off for about 10mins before I manually updated. Next time I'll wait & see if it clears after a longer wait.

sorry if I set off any panics - I'll wait and see a little longer next time.

Im actually referring to your previous post about updating with the new rom. I did this the other day just ftp and confirmed the do you want to replace this file with this new one ect ect. Did it and stuck the box back on and to my horror it didn't update correctly. So i went back and did it all again. This time i deleted the rom 7 that was on my dreambox then ftp'd the new rom 7. Everything is now fine. The key updated itself the day i put it on and di so again today.
I have boldend and underlined the important bit just incase this happens to other members. Good luck.

Message for Max10. Please try and do some investigating yourself, you will learn somethin from it.

Either read this thread again, JonMMM advise on the tool he used for FTping files, or read the stickys. There si plenty of advise already available.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, it's meant to. At least try something yourself rather than someone spoon feeding you all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Message for Max10. Please try and do some investigating yourself, you will learn somethin from it.

Do a goggle search for *******. Install it an dyou can get all the keys you need.

Either read this thread again, JonMMM advise on the tool he used for FTping files, or read the stickys. There si plenty of advise already available.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, it's meant to. At least try something yourself rather than someone spoon feeding you all the way.
i second that.you keep asking instead of looking for yourself. we all had to learn. if you get spoonfed you wont learn nowt.

i've tried the rom fixes 7 10 and 11, nothing happened, is it right to use dreambox control center? I followed the instructions from http://dvbfix.com/Guides/DreamBox-Control-Center/default.htm but nothing happened, restarted as well but nothing happens, the lates update isn't working for me either. When the keys have overwritten should I just get a picture straight away? I'm also on release 1.6.5 does that make any difference? I was just manually updating keys before was working fine till today but changed key and still no picture

Haha - finally worked out how to do a straight ftp across using windows explorer in XP. Hope this helps save some people time if they find this thread.

Thanks to various people in quite a few threads - (added to your reps guys.)

Connected to box to pc using xover cable.

Used flashwizardpro to back up files just in case.

On PC clicked start/run & typed explorer ftp://root:[email protected]/var/scce (replace x's with your box's ip)

This brought up a window in explorer showing the dreambox directory (asked for user name & password - put yours in if asked.)

Clicked view in explorer toolbar & it has an option to view ftp in explorer - hit this & a windows directory view of the dreambox directory popped up. Opened up the directory I had downloaded the rom .bin files to & simply dragged and dropped the .bin files into the dreambox directory.

Turned power off on dreambox & restarted - turned to a encrypted channel yahoo it works.

Cleared key's - restarted evocam & it loaded the correct keys. Waiting for next keyroll to see if i've finally cracked it. (With loads & loads of help from various threads & guides on this site. Couldn't have done it without you a big thanks to everyone.)

Hope it works for you.

:Cheers: Forgot to say using DW2.0 image & roms downloaded from well known toolbar.

Last edited:
i understand what you guys say but my computer knowladge is low. how do i know if i selected DHCP. i think i got the hang of actually connecting the two together, but what do i transfer over and what do i overwrite
Thanks

just onemore thing when you said it asked for user name and password, what username and password would that be

i understand what you guys say but my computer knowladge is low. how do i know if i selected DHCP. i think i got the hang of actually connecting the two together, but what do i transfer over and what do i overwrite
Thanks

Are you using Dreambox Control Center?

If so on the first page do you have a green line between you PC and the Dream?

If so press the tab for FTP

navigate on the right hand side to where you have downloaded the update.

Highlight the file

Navigate the left hand side to Var / Keys

press the right to left arrow button

Are you using Dreambox Control Center?

If so on the first page do you have a green line between you PC and the Dream?

If so press the tab for FTP

navigate on the right hand side to where you have downloaded the update.

Highlight the file

Navigate the left hand side to Var / Keys

press the right to left arrow button

i've done exactly that, with all the fixes from ***** , still not working :(

I downloaded DCC from the downloads section but winzip said the file was corrupted & wouldn't unzip - I now get the 'you have exceeded your download limit message so don't know if it was corrupted during download or not. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

That's why I had to find another way of getting the files across.

Back