Reload this Page [Release] Commando 8 The phantom Menu feedback

Nope the camds dont need to be put in as they are already in the image but not in /var/bin/emu they are in the
/bin folder.

Is that in both 1x and 2x cos I swear I needed to put them in on 1x, or I could be just getting totally confused again.

Is that in both 1x and 2x cos I swear I needed to put them in on 1x, or I could be just getting totally confused again.
They are in both as i say the are just in /bin not /var/bin
Use tuxbox commader and navigate to the /bin folder and you will see them.

This is one seriously good image. well done guys! I may even be tempted to stay away from enigma images for a while. Thanks for all your hard work.

Thebigman.

looks like a lot of people use teletux, would you like this back in on the next update?

--me

Thanks for this great image
cheers
will tell you more about this ....
: multi :

teletext is back in and will be available soon in a root update :>

to add this to the image what do you use flash wizarad ?

please open the keys folder and upload all files into the
var/keys/ folder first part done very easy

now open the bin folder and put all files into the
var/bin/ folder then make files evocamd, mgcamd, newcamd,
set permissions/chmod to 755

restart the box and then goto settings menu and then select
drivers / camd selection

Thanks nitr8, how do I apply this update and where is it posted?

I'm guessing the part where it says will be available soon meant nothing to you? When it is available you ftp the fix to your box, and then goto update the image through the menus but choose squashfs instead of the normal option

Loving the image.
Are the 3d buttons default or the 2d? I only got he 2d ones to start with. I've added the 3d ones and made the folder var/tuxbox/icons and got the 3d oned working a treat.

Not a big thing, but just wondering how to get the progress bar on a program if i turn off lcd epg, I like to see how far into a program I am, and also I find that lcd epg makes the box run quite slowly.
I'm guessing its just a case of editing a config file, but cant seem to find it, and the menu for the lcd settings has been removed

Other than that, great image, recording works great :)

am i doing somthing wrong here i get the normal menu and normal buttons (didnt know there were any buttons)??

to add this to the image what do you use flash wizarad ?

please open the keys folder and upload all files into the
var/keys/ folder first part done very easy

now open the bin folder and put all files into the
var/bin/ folder then make files evocamd, mgcamd, newcamd,
set permissions/chmod to 755

restart the box and then goto settings menu and then select
drivers / camd selection

surely that cant be correct? you cant put the cams in - they're built into the image already, you just need to put the keys in don't you? (and remember to switch internal cams on in the menu?

Not a big thing, but just wondering how to get the progress bar on a program if i turn off lcd epg, I like to see how far into a program I am, and also I find that lcd epg makes the box run quite slowly.
I'm guessing its just a case of editing a config file, but cant seem to find it, and the menu for the lcd settings has been removed

Other than that, great image, recording works great :)

You need to edit the lcd part of neutrino.conf in /var/tuxbox/config/
Change the lcd_show_volume=1 line to lcd_show_volume=3 if you want the volume and playtime visible option

Last edited:
surely that cant be correct? you cant put the cams in - they're built into the image already, you just need to put the keys in don't you? (and remember to switch internal cams on in the menu?

The cams are in /bin but there are symlinks to them which can be replaced. At this moment in time it is pointless as the3 image was optimised around these cams. Also you will lose some of the 800k + that the commandob boys spent so much time getting for users.

fantastic image, picture is great, nice and clear on my new 50" sammy,
just gotta used to the new menu's ;)

Big up to the Commando boyz for this image :)

keep up the great work :)

so far I have read 3 ways of adding key amd cams to the new commander 8 can some one tell me the correct way please

Get the Keys either from another image or from special files in the downloads. Upload them to the /var/keys folder on commando 8. Go into the menu and enable a cam.

Loving the image.
Are the 3d buttons default or the 2d? I only got he 2d ones to start with. I've added the 3d ones and made the folder var/tuxbox/icons and got the 3d oned working a treat.

Where did you get the 3d buttons ?

Back