Reload this Page [Release] Commando 8 The phantom Menu feedback

You need to select a cam from the menui, dbox -> settings -> softcam...
and change 'active softcam' to a cam

ive done that selected all 3 cams one by one but still i get no picture only terestial channels is there something im doing wrong its the 1x image im using ive put the keys in ive changed the permission to 755 but still no picture and its doing my headin now lol

how do i set my location ive done a fresh scan twice i get all the channel listings but unfortunatly no picture still

another question probably stupid but with the image file i fxp inot the dbox there is another file called commando-8_x1.md5 wot do i do with this file do i send that over aswell with the image file and then flash??

also i keep noticing that when i choose a channel which is not FTA it says decode pending and no picture any ideas y this is happening with the commando 8 1x image???

also i keep noticing that when i choose a channel which is not FTA it says decode pending and no picture any ideas y this is happening with the commando 8 1x image???
You sure you have enabled the roms in
dbox,settings,yellow,nagra rom status then apply changes then go to slysporst1
and give it a few mins to clear.

If still decode pending something wrong some were Download a fresh image , add new keys , var , keys chommod if not already done .Go sky sports one and bbc 1 wait 2mins and all should be good to go .....Lets know ..............Paul

ive done that selected all 3 cams one by one but still i get no picture only terestial channels is there something im doing wrong its the 1x image im using ive put the keys in ive changed the permission to 755 but still no picture and its doing my headin now lol

hi m8
what ucode are you using try changing it,
i use 001A as its the only one that works for me
also the camds can take 3-4 mins to start working

i know that all newbies should learn how to change permisions but i did not have to.
if your reflashing your box just ftp the keys into the correct location and all should be ok m8

cheers johny48

Last edited:
Been having trouble with channels clearing when box is set to ts mode, they work for a while and then crash when switching channels (all you have then is a black screen and crackling noises). I return to non ts mode and all is well, anyone know of a fix for this. I've had the same problem with some other images too, so don't think it's just commando 8 specific. FYI I'm using evocam, ucode14, all roms disabled apart from rom 7.

Last edited:
Please see the 8.10 update

Download commando 8.10 - root update

- Renamed "Enable standby" to "Enable Standby" --> english.local
- Added LCD Menu and Added to Customize Menu
- Added TeleText (tuxtxt)
- Updated UPnP Browser
- Renamed "LC-Display" to "LCD Settings" --> english.local
- Updated cdkVcInfo
- Added reloadchannels, reloadplugins, restart neutrino and ucodechecker to
Customize Menu
- Removed unused symlinc /ucode/ucode.bin -> /var/tuxbox/ucodes/ucode_0014.bin
- lcd_show_volume = 3 by default
- Added 3d Icons to /share/tuxbox/neutrino/icons/3d/
- 3D Icons "Buttons" (Place them in /var/tuxbox/icons/)
mkdir -p /var/tuxbox/icons/
ln -sf /share/tuxbox/neutrino/icons/3d/blau.raw /var/tuxbox/icons/blau.raw
ln -sf /share/tuxbox/neutrino/icons/3d/gelb.raw /var/tuxbox/icons/gelb.raw
ln -sf /share/tuxbox/neutrino/icons/3d/gruen.raw /var/tuxbox/icons/gruen.raw
ln -sf /share/tuxbox/neutrino/icons/3d/rot.raw /var/tuxbox/icons/rot.raw

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent image, not as straightforward for newbies but an opportunity to learn. Fast menus and stable image so far, thanks Commando.

I've installed the root update all seems great but on the LCD settings at the bottom it has:
'status line INTERNAL ERROR - PLEASE REPORT'

I've installed the root update all seems great but on the LCD settings at the bottom it has:
'status line INTERNAL ERROR - PLEASE REPORT'

Press "Blue Button" and switch "Read EPG" --> "on"

it is set to "off" by default

--me

cheers, had a few problems updating the image (mostly stupid stuff)

boa, back the current commando 8 which is already installed on your box before u update

incase u balls up the scanning settings (like me) and u need a reflash. it'll still have your previous settings so happy days.

cheers for teletext back team-commando! u can now retire, cos theres noway to top this!

Kenny2kk

What a superb image! Flashed the 8.0 and updated to 8.1... :)

Just got the EPG working on LCD..... it looks great! :Clap:

Keep up the great work :) Many thanks guys!

Any fix for accessing Hard Disk Setup after 8.10 root update.. ?

Back