Reload this Page [Release] Commando 8 The phantom Menu feedback

What issues you getting?

--me

Since flashing the root update, I can't seem access Hard Disk Setup. When I select it from settings, it seems to just restart Neutrino. Not too much of a problem right now, since HD is already formatted and records / plays back fine, but sooner or later I may need to go into that setting..

Nokia Avia500, 2xI, 320gb Hitachi, Commando 8.10, Evocamd, 0014.

quick one if you umont /hdd/movies and then enter the menu does it also break?

--me

I'll give that a try when I get home from work and come back to you, thanks again..

Since flashing the root update, I can't seem access Hard Disk Setup. When I select it from settings, it seems to just restart Neutrino. Not too much of a problem right now, since HD is already formatted and records / plays back fine, but sooner or later I may need to go into that setting..

Nokia Avia500, 2xI, 320gb Hitachi, Commando 8.10, Evocamd, 0014.
Having the same problem here tried unmounting and mounting it just wont show the HDD menu
This is what it shows in the bootlog when you press blue to access the HDD menu.
---------------------------------------pressed HDD Setup blue button and got this.
Neutrino exited with nonzero exit status, restarting...
tuxbox mgcamd by mixvt Sep 27 2006 15:57:22 (v1.15)
[mg] Net:0:0:1:10s Show ecm:0, emm:0 Up:2 Au:2 Dir:0 Osd:no:3 Cache:0 Log:0:192.
168.2.2:28007 Reread:0
[newcamd-v6.10 22:02:55] compiled Apr 25 2006, 03:58:16
[newcamd-v6.10 22:02:55] Warning: Error opening config file /var/tuxbox/config/n
ewcamd/newcamd.conf, using defaults.
[newcamd-v6.10] scce_open: Device or resource busy
[newcamd-v6.10 22:02:56] Error opening scce device. All emu and cws will be disa
bled.
[newcamd-v6.10 22:02:56] /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0: Device or resource busy
[newcamd-v6.10 22:02:56] Warning: ca device init failed. Slot1 card will be disa
bled
[newcamd-v6.10 22:02:56] Error: nothing left to do
[newcamd-v6.10 22:02:56] Error setting control words in ca dev
avia_gt_gv: set_input_mode (mode=2)
avia_gt_gv: set_input_size (width=720, height=576)
[controld] setting VideoFormat to auto
[controld] setting VideoFormat to auto
PES, queue 0 normal.

Then it just reacts if you have chosen "restart Neutrino" in the service menu and goes back to the TV screen.
Gone back to C8 and all is working ok.

Folks,

right this is now fixed and will be out soon in commando 8.20

--me

Folks,

right this is now fixed and will be out soon in commando 8.20

--me

Excellent - thanks. Possibly unrelated, but another issue I've found with this image is the need to restart the camd quite frequently (once every 30mins, approx). It seems to fail to decrypt channels. Quick restart of the softcam though and it's all good again. Never had this issue on other images though :( Currently using evocamd, but tried newcamd and mgcamd with same results..

very nice image im liking this alot, the one slight problem that i am haveing is with the move player file via VLC.
If i want to browse my folders where my movies & tv shows are stored it tries to play the contens of the floder staright away.

any thoughts ?

very nice image im liking this alot, the one slight problem that i am haveing is with the move player file via VLC.
If i want to browse my folders where my movies & tv shows are stored it tries to play the contens of the floder staright away.

any thoughts ?

I believe if you press the right key rather than ok it opens the folder.

Nice image but the info bar is bloated and annoying!

Why add to a menu displaying useless information that really is not necessary i.e.: FTA and we all need to know that we are watching a FTA or an encrypted channel. Guess what let’s see what cam we are using when we change channel too. Do we really need to I just don’t think so. The Bloated info menu is really not needed. All this info is in the menus anyhow and do you need to be reminded every time you change channel. Would be nice to put a menu in the image so users have the ability to remove this extra info bar so users have a choice. Or does anyone know how to remove it without removing the whole image.......

Why add to a menu displaying useless information that really is not necessary i.e.: FTA and we all need to know that we are watching a FTA or an encrypted channel. Guess what let’s see what cam we are using when we change channel too. Do we really need to I just don’t think so. The Bloated info menu is really not needed. All this info is in the menus anyhow and do you need to be reminded every time you change channel. Would be nice to put a menu in the image so users have the ability to remove this extra info bar so users have a choice. Or does anyone know how to remove it without removing the whole image.......

well i agree in some way

some like it and some dont and having the ability to turn it off or on would be fantastic for some users

cheers

to be fair i don't like it either, however most people want it in, as soon as i have ironed out most other major things i will look into being able to select it if wanted.

so for for the next . release this is what i have done:

<_>-<_>-<_>-<| C H A N G E L O G |>-<_>-<_>-<_>

- Upgraded msgbox from 1.60 to 1.62
- Moved msgbox from /var/bin/msgbox to /bin/msgbox
- Removed msgbox symlink /var/plugins/msgbox
- Upgraded MGcamd from v1.10 to v1.22
- Added /var/etc/versions
- Updated "Softcam / uCode / Nagra ROM" to read /var/etc/versions
- Added /var/bin to export PATH - all items now in /var/bin can be called direct
- Renamed "Boarder" to "Border" --> english.local
- Renamed "Read one partition" to "Backup One Partition" --> english.local
- Renamed "Write one partition" to "Flash One Partition" --> english.local
- Renamed "Software Update" to "Image Upgrade / Backup" --> english.local
- Updated recording.start to point to lcd_epg.sh instead of /var/plugins/lcd_epg.sh
- Updated recording.end to point to lcd_epg.sh instead of /var/plugins/lcd_epg.sh
- Updated pictureviewer.Start to point to lcd_epg.sh instead of /var/plugins/lcd_epg.sh
- Updated pictureviewer.end to point to lcd_epg.sh instead of /var/plugins/lcd_epg.sh
- Removed /var/tuxbox/config/commando.conf as it is obsolete
- Updated standby.on / standby.off not to relying on operations
- Renamed "Informationens" to "Information" --> english.local
- Renamed "Temperatur" to "Temperature" --> english.local
- Renamed "Standby timeout" to "Standby Timeout" --> english.local
- Renamed "Write cache HDD" to "Write Cache HDD" --> english.local
- Commented standby.conf
- Updated avia.conf with English comments
- IDE Menu FIX - neutrino does not crash when you go to the HDD Menu
- Updated /etc/issue.net and reformatted colors
- Updated logo-fb
- Moved /var/bin to the first PATH so that whatever is placed in there will be read insted of /bin
- Updated /etc/init.d/start to execute *camd insted of /var/bin/emu/*camd
- Removed /var/bin/emu/*camd symlinks
- Updated "Extra Menu" to execute *camd insted of /var/bin/emu/*camd
- Updated setmylocation.conf to execute setmylocationops insted of /var/plugins/setmylocationops
- Moved /var/plugins/setmylocationops to /bin
(- Moved /var/plugins/setmylocationshell to /lib/tuxbox/plugins/setmylocationshell ) under dev
- Moved /var/tuxbox/config/ide_init.sh to /var/etc/init.d/ide_init
- Updted rcS to use /var/etc/init.d/ide_init insted of /var/tuxbox/config/ide_init.sh
- Moved bmps.tar.Z, swisstime and tuxwetter from /var/plugins/ to /lib/tuxbox/plugins/
- Updated /lib/tuxbox/plugins/tuxwetter to read from /lib/tuxbox/plugins/ insted of /var/plugins/
- Updated /lib/tuxbox/plugins/tuxwetter.so to use /lib/tuxbox/plugins/tuxwetter

--me

P.S. Thanks for the feedback.

well thanks for your time and you are doing wonders m8

the updates are looking really good as well

thanks for listening and taking in what the users are saying

your team are going from strength to strength

cheers

Thanks nitr8 - looking forward to this. When will it be available for d/l?

soon, today or tomorrow i guess. just waiting on testing results.

--me

Back