[Release] commando 7.5 - Revenge Of The Diff

excellent work once again team commando. Put the files from commando 6 in and it fired up with all the channels straight away. Nice little touch with the gun sound on boot up.
Everything seems sweet so far, Not tried recording yet will leave more feedback when i get chance.

Cheers lads keep up the good work.: multi :

recording works fine mate.......set timer and it recorded sweet :)

Well, here is some feedback for you Hunter:)

The new info bit on the infobar (pending or nagra) bit only seems to function 100% when using evocam, its a bit flakey with the other cams.

The image really doesn't like shutting down properly, when it does it takes AGES, but mostly it just hangs.

the background scan is insane, it continueously finds crap!:) so just turned it off, I'll mess and try and fix that at some point when i have time:)

Nice image tho mate, thanks, hope this bit of feedback helps:)

I replaced the cams with older versions and used the keys from another image and it nows seems a lot more stable

newcam works well with 001a but the infobar is fubar

mgcam works well with 0014 but still the infobar is fubar

the new evocam freezes so i used an earlier version and used the keyz from another image rather than pacino 2.1, it works well and is stable and the infobar works

the attachment on somebodys post called magic files works well in all honesty and i suggest you use that if your experiencing problems

i deleted the shortcuts in the bin folder and added the older cam versions

recording works fine mate.......set timer and it recorded sweet :)

How did you set the recording directory in direct record settings mate? When i try to select mount it will never let me select mnt in that new recording directory list.

t work to u all at team camando sorry
but im not sure if i am aloud to ask you this
admins correct me if not appropriate: shocked2
does any one no where i can get the roms and keys for commando 7.5 excellent image though: colors1

at last managed to find time for this ....wot can i say wow the shotgun reloading the wife got a fright lol i never fully had comando 6 on so had to start from scratch with this one used the magic files (for the first time ive had to do it and surprise surprise i must have been listening all this time to the likes or fergalsworld yido and devilfish hunter and renny and loads more to numerous to mention yous know who yous are.. thanks guys they worked ,rememebred how to do it and bingo)for start like the epg on lcd nice touch ,the picture quality is superb no pixialations no fuzzyness ,changing channel i find is very smooth and fast and also like the info bar set up ,callender nice touch as well, ive got it on a very troublesome nokia 2 and seems to be no problems so far its been running for 4 hrs and no hiccups, again like the built in games nice touch only thing i dont have raceing channels or sentanta golf have an epg and all that but no picture(not a big deal at this moment) all in all i can see how much hard work has went into this well worth it guys big pat on the back to yous all the amount of features in here in this image is fantastic will enjoy playing with this one.................................. ahh this bit is pizzing me off lol how do i back up the image ???????forget the last bit i remembered lol

Last edited:
very nice image i love this one.......like the way u can have the tv prog on the lcd scrren and all the games gives me somthing to play with at nite :)

Have just put this on my box. Putting keys etc on was no problem.

As soon as I transferred over my services it worked. Most things seem to work ok, but as someones previously mentioned it doesn't always shutdown properly. Sometimes something that looks like a red popup window shows its face but its got no writing in it! (maybe that'll help diagnose the problem).

Recording and mp3 playback works nicely. I'm luvving the epg on lcd and some other 'refinements' that have been done.

Sorry to say this but I won't be keeping this one on (2x nokia)- sometimes on channel change it clicks and splutters and won't get round to showing a picture. Sometimes flicking around the channels sorts it out, sometimes it needs a reboot. I've tried messing about with the settings but can't seem to get rid of it! As a side note I can't find the setting to change the tuner driver, that's one of the things I usually set up straight away. Also, having the grey bar showing the encryption used above the usual info bar I think clutters the screen a bit... especially seeing as it doesnt work (with the cam i use!). Even if it did work, I think I'd prefer to see more of the tv picture.

Each to their own, you can't please everyone all of the time!

I've not updated my image for quite a few months (my old sportster was solid) but as there have been quite a few good releases lately I'm chopping and changing until I find one thats perfect.

Nice work guys, and definately a step in the right direction. Just seems like it needs a little bit of refinement! Just some feedback for yoy guys.

Thanks for sharing

at last managed to find time for this ....wot can i say wow the shotgun reloading the wife got a fright lol i never fully had comando 6 on so had to start from scratch with this one used the magic files (for the first time ive had to do it and surprise surprise i must have been listening all this time to the likes or fergalsworld yido and devilfish hunter and renny and loads more to numerous to mention yous know who yous are.. thanks guys they worked ,rememebred how to do it and bingo)for start like the epg on lcd nice touch ,the picture quality is superb no pixialations no fuzzyness ,changing channel i find is very smooth and fast and also like the info bar set up ,callender nice touch as well, ive got it on a very troublesome nokia 2 and seems to be no problems so far its been running for 4 hrs and no hiccups, again like the built in games nice touch only thing i dont have raceing channels or sentanta golf have an epg and all that but no picture(not a big deal at this moment) all in all i can see how much hard work has went into this well worth it guys big pat on the back to yous all the amount of features in here in this image is fantastic will enjoy playing with this one.................................. ahh this bit is pizzing me off lol how do i back up the image ???????forget the last bit i remembered lol

well about time too lol

now whats next for maybe a go at modding your own image and sharing lol

good to see you still about m8

cheers

Had this on now all day and it's absolutley superb guys.
Not had any problems at all with it. Streaming to and from the pc and recording all works fine (not tried any timer recordings yet though)
Many thanks to Team Commando for all your efforts.
You guys are top notch.
On a side note, sorry to see you go Hunter but good luck in what you get into next mate.

Once again :THANKS: and WELL DONE

Tried the image, unfortunately didn't have a backup of anything. Added magic files and scanned andonly get 6 channels (all UKTV) so reflashed with Commando 5 and still only 6 channels...same with Commando 6. Where am going wrong?

Tried the image, unfortunately didn't have a backup of anything. Added magic files and scanned andonly get 6 channels (all UKTV) so reflashed with Commando 5 and still only 6 channels...same with Commando 6. Where am going wrong?
hi m8
did you set your location via the blue button menu
hope this helps
cheers johny48

i used thekeys from the magic files posted earlier in this thread and it worked a dream

Hi sorry for the delayed response, am at work now and it got a little late last night!!

I set my location but still had no joy, can't figure it out. I copied and pasted the Magic Files over aswell and still nothing....what I can't understand is why its still not working when i have reflashed with commando 5 and 6? What have I done wrong...and if someone can tell me the directories I need to add those magic files in aswell...in case I got it wrong?!

Thanks in advance...I'll try your suggestions out later tonight...after work.

After setting your location, let the box reboot.

Go to the scanning menu and make sure the sym rate is set properly, i.e. 6952 for TW and 6887 for N*L.

SAVE setting (important this is done before starting a scan).

Start scan.

If it still get's only 6 channels, turn fast scan and background/sections scan OFF and do a slow scan. This can take over an hour though!

Back