radiators warm upstairs and cold down stairs

I thought pumps were magnetically coupled so you can only tell if the motor is rotating, not the impeller?

Thats true m8 you can only tell if the motor is turning,but its usually a good indicator,
But stranger things have happened lol

True, but I've had a couple with seized impellers...

Yep but I usually just replace the pump,its not worth the hassle of taking it apart if it goes again lol
Unless of course if its in my own house,where gaffer tape rules supreme ;)

2old are you getting hot water if yes then maybe the divertor valve might be your problem

The diverter valve normally diverts to the hot water. The heating circuit is normally the default circuit.

If he is getting hot water ok, the pump will be ok. As you need to pump the water around the heat exchanger. If the pump had failed I would expect there to be kettling. The water circuit is too small for there to be thermal siphoning.

Sent from the "Curious Rover"

i think i take the AA home emergency offer £99 call out. £150 parts supplied & fitted. Then very hour plumber is there £60
As British gas £89 first 30mins then 30mins to 2hrs £200 then after 2hrs £400 first part is free then you pay for other parts

As i have no heating in house money is no longer the issue:Laugh:

just to update AA home emergency guy turned up as i was at work he told my wife a motor under the pump was not working the only i can see in the
manual is valve motor so hes going to order it in the morning lets hope thats the only problem

If boiler does not fire up when the heating is turned on then it has to be some solenoid or switch surely,if the pump is running,
as stated I'm no expert but its a matter of elimination and Jimmyp probably knows more then I do regarding combi's anyway ;)

2old are you getting hot water if yes then maybe the divertor valve might be your problem

Sounds like MH nailed it ;)

Cough cough ;)

It might only need a new divertor washer which can be replaced really cheaply

"anyway the higher the pressure cold, the less gas/fuel used to heat the water to desired temperature"

Never knew that i quite often let pressure slip down a little before pumping up

Averything working fine now:Biggrin2: part replaced Worcester Greenstar HE 3 way diverter valve 87170100620

Thanks to all for there help

Averything working fine now:Biggrin2: part replaced Worcester Greenstar HE 3 way diverter valve 87170100620

Thanks to all for there help

How much did it all cost in the end m8?

The diverter valve normally diverts to the hot water. The heating circuit is normally the default circuit.

If he is getting hot water ok, the pump will be ok. As you need to pump the water around the heat exchanger. If the pump had failed I would expect there to be kettling. The water circuit is too small for there to be thermal siphoning.

Sent from the "Curious Rover"

Stick to the caravan MH lol I knows the problem

How much did it all cost in the end m8?

it was £99 call out plus £65 one hour labour total is £164 includes parts. the reason they charged £99 call out bec i allready have AA breakdown service with them the part is £96+ vat

bleeding radiator twice a week in the loft is this normal or do i have problem thanks

Back