radiators warm upstairs and cold down stairs

That's the hard part M8. Look for evidence of leaks at radiators first at they are the most obvious and easiest place to start. Corrosion at joints/valves etc. is a good sign. You can try nipping up compression joints when the system is warm.

Unfortunately, it's a process of elimination - I'm sure other members will have ideas too :)

Combi boiler ?

Sometimes a leak can be a prv passing water.

Can you check that by wrapping a plastic bag round the outlet? Hole in the top obs...

Yea that's the one sometimes the bugger just passes when its warm, there's usually some water staining under the blow off but not always !!
If its not a combi then it's almost certainly a leak somewhere but that said Ive seen some awful system's that pull in through the vent when the pump starts. Bungalows are buggers for it

Does sound like you could have a leak however its in the loft and that's the highest point in the system and where the air will head for.
Are you topping up the pressure after you bleed the rad ?

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

Does sound like you could have a leak however its in the loft and that's the highest point in the system and where the air will head for.
Are you topping up the pressure after you bleed the rad ?

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

No should i be going that? its only the loft one thats half warm but when air is out its very hot

No should i be going that? its only the loft one thats half warm but when air is out its very hot

Hmm well if you are not topping up the pressure afterwards eventually you will get to a stage were no matter how long you vent the rad for no air or water will come out as the system wont be pressurised enough,

Have you checked the pressure at the gauge?

1.5 bar mt get it to that and keep it at it, if the rads still getting air and the pressure dropping you've a leak. May be that's it's just air that's been hanging around in the system, it generally finds it's way to the highest point.

Back