Q&A, Recommendations For Rat's Bouquets

Re: Rat's Bouquets Enigma2 TM800-HD [Fixed Dish]

Freq Change

CBS Action added to Entertainment Bouquet

Avalible NOW Via Digidudes PPanel "Rat's Channel Updater

Enjoy !
:proud:

rat can i request you upload this with the changes i made to international section please, thanks
hnj

give me 5 minutes mate and Ill do it
sorry mate I forgot :(

the bquet list on the receiver still says 12/2/11 at the bottom m8

yeah Im sorting it now mate :)

no problem at all mate, thanks, i downloaded your plugin looks niceee, its better then having to open up dbe ;)

Re: Rat's Bouquets 3.3.11

nice to have clubland tv on in the background again while im playing with the receiver :)

Re: Rat's Bouquets 3.3.11

nice to have clubland tv on in the background again while im playing with the receiver :)

you should of told me it was gone Dude, kids have Kiss or the box on here most times

Re: Rat's Bouquets 14/3/11

Thanks for the update, dont know why its hidden away in the TM800 section im sure otheres would find it usefull.

Thanks for the update, dont know why its hidden away in the TM800 section im sure otheres would find it usefull.

While it will work on all other linux receivers, its easily accessed by TM800 owners via a plugin and ppanel thats installed on their receivers as part of the DW image ;)

I gues a ppanel is the same as a plugin download so if i copy the url in the rats updater and add a script to check for updates I could get the updates automaticly on my VU is that correct.

I gues a ppanel is the same as a plugin download so if i copy the url in the rats updater and add a script to check for updates I could get the updates automaticly on my VU is that correct.

Its slightly different to plugin but there is an actual plugin you can install from the ppanel

Tried looking through ftp to see how it could be added but not having much look.

While it will work on all other linux receivers, its easily accessed by TM800 owners via a plugin and ppanel thats installed on their receivers as part of the DW image ;)

thats the bit i love the most ;), i just need to know that its available and tell the box what to do, i wonder if a notification can be made on the box, saying rats channel update is available, then i wont even need to look in this thread lool, im sure digi will do something like that soon, he is the best sheep bothering mod i have seen ;)

thats the bit i love the most ;), i just need to know that its available and tell the box what to do, i wonder if a notification can be made on the box, saying rats channel update is available, then i wont even need to look in this thread lool, im sure digi will do something like that soon, he is the best sheep bothering mod i have seen ;)

I guess the only way to do it is have a script to automatically check server every x number of days and download and extract even if there isnt a update but a total waste of bandwidth really.

Hmm, thinking now. Some form of script that uses crond to check the file modified time, in work out if its changed, and if it has, put a message on the screen, with an option to press a button to update, which then executes the update script.

;)

OK, a simple way to do this, is to first install rats updater plugin, then set up a cron job to run it. copying the following line into the crontab file will run the Rat_updater script at 5:30AM each morning. This script downloads the file, installs the channel lists, and reloads all the boquest, the same as if you had manually started the plugin running

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The problem with this is it will update regardless of wether there is a update or not which is a waste of bandwidth for the sever storing the file.

You can set the script to look for a file name and if different to the one it expects to then run the updater. The hard part would be that the updater would then need to overwrite the crontab with the new file name.

it would also mean changing the file name in the plugin and ppanel every time the name changed, and people would then have to update their panel or plugin to match

there will be a way of running a small script, every 6 hours for example, to check the file properties for modification times, but, this would also need a log to compare to to look for changes, and if the file is different to the last entry in the log, it downloads the file, writes the details to the log file, deletes the previous entry in the log, and keeps the latest entry, then 6 hours later, compares the file to the log entry again, if nothing has changed, itll try again in 6 hours time, if the file modification times are different, then the process starts again, download, unpack, delete log, re write log, and wait 6 hours

i know all the theory behind it, and the theory is simple enough, im just not quite good enough to create a script to do it all just yet lol, but am learning

it took me over an hour to write a 6 line script to check wether or not the receivers start up script was patched for swap files, and report on the screen either way, and this is a lot more in depth lol. ill get it done in the end though ;)

Good attempt so far but it will be a major bandwidth waster if no updates available. Unless you change to update every 14 days for now?

channel 4 hd down on my box mate, just so ya know for the update!

Back