After a new tv

Does it remove third party apps you have already installed? So can install any iptv apps on them now?
I can imagine somebody will be working fix.
Yes still install them apps, few videos on tube explaining what's happening with sticks,
Sure there will be but won't happen till we know what they've changed...

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread for giving me some advice, really appreciate all the help.

Ordered the u8 from Costco and grabbed the half price soundbar as well.

Are you going to be running a separate device for iptv?
Not sure if you need UK catch up apps on the TV but the TCL TV doesn’t have them.
it does not have all the uk catchup but does play them through its browser

I personally would rather have a dedicated app than using a browser and I’m not sure what resolution content will play at through a browser as opposed to the apps.
But at least you access if you need it.

I personally would rather have a dedicated app than using a browser and I’m not sure what resolution content will play at through a browser as opposed to the apps.
But at least you access if you need it.
I agree, but as you say its useful if you have nothing else.

Personally I use Kodi for everything, nice to have everything in one place

Join Costco online, costs £15, free delivery and get a good discount on products

Samsung UE75CU8070UXXU 75 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV​

at Costco

Features
- Dynamic Crystal Colour
- Object Tracking Sound LITE
- AirSlim with Centre Stand
- Gaming Hub
- 5 Year Warranty Included

£684.00 with 10% discount code SAMSUNG10

Link HERE

I see a couple of people saying hisense. Although not in the range of size you are looking for but i bought a 32" hisense 1080p smart tv from costco for just £167 with 5 year warranty for the bedroom. I've just set it up with a 2017 nvidia shield for iptv and i'm pretty happy with it.

Our Hisense is a 55 inch one. For a cheap TV i think it's great. And the smart apps on the Vidaa store are pretty good as well. It plays all formats on the usb pen, and will record to it. My only small gripe is whenever I switch to the HDMI port my Android box is plugged into, if the box is switched on, it will turn it off for some reason, and you have to restart it.
It doesn't do it with the Firestick, and it will also power it from the usb port.

Last edited:
Reactions: gez
Our Hisense is a 55 inch one. For a cheap TV i think it's great. And the smart apps on the Vidaa store are pretty good as well. It plays all formats on the usb pen, and will record to it. My only small gripe is whenever I switch to the HDMI port my Android box is plugged into, if the box is switched on, it will turn it off for some reason, and you have to restart it.
It doesn't do it with the Firestick, and it will also power it from the usb port.
I just have a firestick in so no probs, now and then it says list virgin hdmi bit I think it's a virgin wireless thing. Good TV for the price, same as yours by the way.

On your Android device in settings do you have CEC switched on.
If not, try turning it on or if it’s on turn it off.
If that fails try another hdmi port and another hdmi cable.
Also some devices in CEC settings they have a setting, auto switch language, that should be off.
Also check the HDMI CEC settings on your tv as this can effect devices connected to your TV.
TV CEC Settings here
Hisense TV 2021 | HDMI CEC Settings | Helpdesk Nakamichi USA

Last edited:
On your Android device in settings do you have CEC switched on.
If not, try turning it on or if it’s on turn it off.
If that fails try another hdmi port and another hdmi cable.
Also some devices in CEC settings they have a setting, auto switch language, that should be off.
Also check the HDMI CEC settings on your tv as this can effect devices connected to your TV.
TV CEC Settings here
Cheers @avid, I turned of CEC devices and it now works fine.

Back