After a new tv

The hisense is a vidda operating system, you need an android system.
I have the hisense, good TV but using a fire stick for IPTV.
Works pretty good.

65" Android TV, TCL P638K 65P638K 4K UHD HDR Smart Android TV - Grey

Smart TV Features
Netflix, Android TV, Downloadable Apps, Internet Browsing

Ebay HERE

£330 with 20% discount code FRESH20

Thanks guys, you given me some good info there.

Can anyone recommend a new tv that will be used primarily for IPTV?

Was looking to get an OLED but I've been advised that it would be a waste and overkill for just that.

Was looking at either this | Costco UK

or this

TCL 65C745K 65 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD 144Hz Smart TV | Cos...

It's like a minefield now with tv's and would appreciate any feedback or other recommendations.
If you are not going to be viewing any 4k or UHD content then just get a basic 4k tv.
Most iptv streams are 1080p with some UHD channels depending on your supplier but obviously some VOD will 4k UHD also.

Last edited:
Are you going to be running a separate device for iptv?
Not sure if you need UK catch up apps on the TV but the TCL TV doesn’t have them.
Yeah I'll be using a 4k firestick

I'd hold fire (no pun intended lol) on firesticks, while there changing there OS to stop third party apps working. Look at android boxes, at least there future proof...
Nobody really knows if they will change the OS on device currently that have been sold. It’s all speculation really, but we will see in the near future I would imagine.
I think it’ll be more likely to be on future devices they bring out.

Nobody really knows if they will change the OS on device currently that have been sold. It’s all speculation really, but we will see in the near future I would imagine.
I think it’ll be more likely to be on future devices they bring out.
Possible I guess, Amazon are already getting headaches from TV Sports provider's to change things, recent updates have started to stop simple 3rd party apps...

Possible I guess, Amazon are already getting headaches from TV Sports provider's to change things, recent updates have started to stop simple 3rd party apps...
I don’t use Amazon devices but didn’t know you couldn’t install third party apps anymore.
That would make them pretty much obsolete for many.

I have it on tablet aswell so any problems I cast to tv

Back