Protek boxes?

mikegb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a spiderbox 7000 a couple of months ago and am more than a little disappointed with the way things have gone with service+ (it all went tits-up a couple of weeks after I got it!) so have been wondering about a Protek HD box, can anyone give some info on them, how likely are they to suffer the same problems as the spiderbox.

It is all a gamble mate proteks I think have been out way before spiderboxs and have a better gift than Darkmans crappy box.

have a protek ,,,for along time m8........despite some a#sehole admin on the no-limits site, I would have developed it more........whats new.......sounds like a DM story.............bloody nazis

not too popular the protek,i have the older sd and a while ago got the hd nice with more hd been added:Clap::Clap:

not too popular the protek,i have the older sd and a while ago got the hd nice with more hd been added:Clap::Clap:

what channels do you get on the protek hd ,,,,,,,,thanx

what channels do you get on the protek hd ,,,,,,,,thanx

Turk Eutelsat W3A 7 E ALL 37 channels
Indian Eurobird 9A 9E HD 1 channel
Balkan Eutelsat W2 16° E ALL 20 channels
Portugal M Hispasat 30 W HD 19 SD 1 HD
Turk 42e 42 E ALL 4 channels
UAE A Nilesat 7 W HD/ID 45+ SD
JazzSports 7w Nilesat 7 W HD/ID 10 SD
SWISS Hotbird 13 ° E ALL/HD 6 SD + 1 HD
JazzSports Hotbird 13 ° E ALL 10 channels
MCT/Redlight Hotbird 13 ° E ALL 15 channels, some HD no go on 9600IP
Free X/Red Hot Hotbird 13 ° E ALL/HD 4/8 channels
France B Hotbird 13 ° E HD 17 SD, 1 HD
Greece Hotbird 13 ° E HD/ID 24 channels

German Astra 19.2 E ALL 23 channels and BL/Sports as needed.
Dutch1 Astra 19.2 E & 23.5 E ALL/HD 13 SD, 3 HD
Dutch2 Astra 19.2 E & 23.5 E ALL/HD 3 SD, 15 HD
Spain Astra 19.2 E ALL 30 channels
Austria Astra 19.2 E ALL/HD 5 channels plus regionals sd, 2 hd
France Astra 19.2 E ALL 36 chaines
France HD Astra 19.2 E HD 17 chaines HD
Belge T Astra 19.2 E &13 E HD 12 chaines
Germany HD+ Astra 19.2 E HD 8 HD
Germany HD Astra 19.2 E HD 8 HD
Vlaanderen Astra 19,2° & 23.5° E ALL/HD 14 channels SD, 1 SD+3 HD on 23.5 e

is there much in english,,,,,thanx

m8.....they are the regions/countries that the broadcasts are from..............

depending on programme, PRESS the AUDIO button on the r/c and select ENGLISH............

most movies and sport have ENGLISH audio........incl. the pron ....oooooh aaaaahhh oooooo, well u know what I mean lol:banana:

Got a spiderbox 7000 a couple of months ago and am more than a little disappointed with the way things have gone with service+ (it all went tits-up a couple of weeks after I got it!) so have been wondering about a Protek HD box, can anyone give some info on them, how likely are they to suffer the same problems as the spiderbox.

:banana:

Wow!! now hold on a minute, some of service+ has returned already and more is coming. Anyway the Spiderbox can always accept a line, take a look in the Spiderbox section as there are two simple guides on how to do this and remember the picture quality on the Spiderbox is excellent.
You dont need a new receiver mate just a little reading will bring all back to life.
If you need help post in the Spider section or PM me.

will the protek sw still go on the maxx 1000 as i've got one of these not used it for a few years ???

as far as i am aware it does as loads sell the maxx on the bay with the protek software not got one so can not really say any more than that allthough i think there is more than one type of software one for middle east and one for europe so make sure you use the right one dust it down give it go youve got nothing to lose.
if youve flashed it before you know what to do apparently know with the new type software it can auto update via ethernet .

as far as i am aware it does as loads sell the maxx on the bay with the protek software not got one so can not really say any more than that allthough i think there is more than one type of software one for middle east and one for europe so make sure you use the right one dust it down give it go youve got nothing to lose.
if youve flashed it before you know what to do apparently know with the new type software it can auto update via ethernet .

i will root it out and give it a trial as not used for ages

:banana:

Wow!! now hold on a minute, some of service+ has returned already and more is coming. Anyway the Spiderbox can always accept a line, take a look in the Spiderbox section as there are two simple guides on how to do this and remember the picture quality on the Spiderbox is excellent.
You dont need a new receiver mate just a little reading will bring all back to life.
If you need help post in the Spider section or PM me.

calm down jimmy mate he is only asking about the protek and stating his opinion of the service + situation which you can do here for all you know he may be like loads of people fixed dish on 19e bought spiderbox for what 19e gave him now it gives him nothing .
he more than likely did not buy this box to buy a line to get the channels that were included when he bought the box .
if he wanted to buy a line to add to a box he could have bought an openbox s9 for about half the price then bought a sub line or even an mvision 300 net which i think is very similar to the spiderbox just diff badge on the front as you can add a line to the mvision as well and i think they connect to a server (could be wrong on the last bit though) .
saying that spiderbox does offer good picture quality as you state jimmy i can not compare to other hd boxes .
i think on the hd protek boxes you can add an n line as well but can not home share a card like spiderbox can.
i get the impression op is wanting to send back his spiderbox and maybe exchange for protek and just wanted some opinions on the protek box by other users .
i think you said you had a maxx 1000 once jimmy how stable is the server as that is the question is it plagued by freezin and breakdowns .
do you view a channel one week then the next it has gone (this happens on service + a bit ) and if you ask if the channel is coming back you get told to stop moaning on the support forums .
a lot of people like the idea of a box that does what it is meant to do and is sold to do not buy it then as in the op case 2 weeks later all goes down and get told to search alternative means to viewing when he was gauranteed all this for a year and that was why he bought it feel sorry for the loads of new owners out there i know i was a bit pissed last year 2 months after bought mine lost neuvo server and was told all the channels would go over to service + a lot was added to service+ but loads of the original channels never returned but the service+ package was good and quite stable offered me a good selection and i only have a spare dish fixed at 19e .
is the protek server stable ?
do they stick to the channels and not drop them from time to time ?
does the server have lots of down time ir is it very reliable ?
i think this is what the op would like to know and i would not mind knowing this my self as you see the sd maxx's sold on the bay for under £80 i think the hd proteks are about £250+ and there is no cheaper maxx alternative

Last edited:
on the protek every now and again they change,it has been running fine as i have the hd box needs a few more sats to see what else might be thereif it goes down after a day or so go check what happened and see if it needs updating

i will root it out and give it a trial as not used for ages

put this software on your maxx1000 using the loader and then check 19.2e/16e/13e and 7e. server stability is rock solid, wipes the floor with the spiderbox were server stability is concerned imo. regards mdt

@ halfman halflager, I think you took my post too seriously it was intended in a light hearted way. If the OP can return his Spiderbox for a Protek deal then if that what he wants to do then good luck to him.
Now yes I've had a Protek, Nanoxx and a Maxx1000 and all worked well but that was quite a time ago, the Maxx 1000 on another forum is considered as an "unwanted guest" as it's a clone of the Protek (as I've been told) and the server was setup for the Prokek. They also post that a percentage of Maxx1000 cannot connect to the server I cant say how true this is. It may just be propaganda but I have seen posts from members saying their Maxx 1000 would not connect.
The point I was trying to make is as this member has a Spiderbox already then one option would be to get a line, if he wants to return it then as long as the dealer says ok its his choice.

Been away a few days and just catching up.
Quite a few interesting posts, half & half :thumbsup:
I have read loads of stuff about putting lines in the spiderbox and have had a couple of trial ones but I never got anything working and even if I did get it sorted it seems that I would probably be paying £10/mth or something for a decent share (might as well buy a sly sub) and I bought the spiderox on the understanding that it was all included, I certainly wouldn't have bought the spiderbox if there had been any indication that it was all going to come un-stuck after just a couple of weeks use.
I don't think there is much chance of sending the box back for an exchange, the some-what notorious seller seems to be renowned for not entertaining complaints or criticism etc.
So I just thought the Proteks sounded like an easy alternative as it appears to do all the updating and stuff it's self, I have also been looking at the GGG HD boxes but can't find any details about what's involved with set up and use.

Back