Protek boxes?

@mikegb
thats what i've been trying to say why should you have to buy what you thought you would get
and you would in all fairness probably be looking at £15 a month upwards for a decent share the cheaper they are the more probs you can get and the best way is to get a sub card and split the cost with say 10 mates then you can always try and go further a field
i will send you a pm as even if where you bought the box from you may have rights in distance or on line selling after all you have only had it a couple of weeks so may be entitled to a refund or replacement the place that sold you the box does not make the law on selling and replacements they have to stick to it regardless of how they try and fob you off.

Theres a New Protek linux hd box with full dark forces support, optional dual tuner, all plug-ins, 2 usb with one for wlan, web functionality, divx via usb etc

Coming soon ;)
first 500 ought to be on selected shelves within a couple of weeks

:THANKS: to Troya for the above info

sounds good thanks for the info compass
there may be one that cowers on the shelf when digi walks in with dremel in hand to do a full autopsy of it

I have just purchased a Protek 9750HD. If you are like me a novice with Satellites, this will be the best Receiver going - its simple to use, has 50HD channels and thousands of SD channels. This receiver will come as a plug & play ready loaded to use. All you need is a ethernet cable run from the receiver to your router - this will update and open channels without the need of cards or programming. Visit Skywise to get more information on this receiver.
Regards, Sand.

I have just purchased a Protek 9750HD. If you are like me a novice with Satellites, this will be the best Receiver going - its simple to use, has 50HD channels and thousands of SD channels. This receiver will come as a plug & play ready loaded to use. All you need is a ethernet cable run from the receiver to your router - this will update and open channels without the need of cards or programming. Visit Skywise to get more information on this receiver.
Regards, Sand.

the protek recievers dont come ready to use as you have to flash them and skywise charge for their support. all support on here is free!! regards mdt

Protek MK-1 HDTV Twin ready FULL HD Sat Receiver LINUX

as the operating system of Protek MK-1 is HDTV FULL HD Satellite Receiver Linux based. The unit comes with a DVB-S2 tuner, but you can always retrofit a second tuner (DVB-S2, DVB-C or DVB-T).

Item Specifics

- Full HD Satellite Receiver
- LINUX OS
- Twin Tuner optional (1.Tuner DVB-S2, 2.Tuner Plug & Play DVB-S2, DVB-T or DVB-C)
- Ethernet interface
- 2x USB 2.0 ports (MP3, JPEG, Software Update)
- USB Wifi ready
- Multimedia File Playback
- Internet video playback
- Digital and analog video / audio output
- Xcrypt Smart Card Reader
- Automatic software update via Internet
- VFD display

Delivery
- Protek MK-1 HDTV Satellite Receiver
- Remote control
- Batteries
- Instructions

Prices around 299 euros
Or around £260.00

Protek MK-1 HDTV Twin ready FULL HD Sat Receiver LINUX

as the operating system of Protek MK-1 is HDTV FULL HD Satellite Receiver Linux based. The unit comes with a DVB-S2 tuner, but you can always retrofit a second tuner (DVB-S2, DVB-C or DVB-T).

Item Specifics

- Full HD Satellite Receiver
- LINUX OS
- Twin Tuner optional (1.Tuner DVB-S2, 2.Tuner Plug & Play DVB-S2, DVB-T or DVB-C)
- Ethernet interface
- 2x USB 2.0 ports (MP3, JPEG, Software Update)
- USB Wifi ready
- Multimedia File Playback
- Internet video playback
- Digital and analog video / audio output
- Xcrypt Smart Card Reader
- Automatic software update via Internet
- VFD display

Delivery
- Protek MK-1 HDTV Satellite Receiver
- Remote control
- Batteries
- Instructions

Prices around 299 euros
Or around £260.00

@compass do you know whether this box is a fully open linux stb or a closed source linux like say a openbox. regards mdt

Their last linux receiver (the linux unix box) was a dm500 clone, but, even though it wasa dm500, if you flashed it, you lost EVERYTHING that the protek offers

however

with some work, it is possible to 'extract' procam, and the config details, and port them to another image, i even did it to another image on another receiver (Protek unixbox {dm500} to DM800 running blackhole v0.12) and am 99% sure i also worked out how the access system works

but

as the protek receivers are a small stable server, like ive said before when posting about these receivers, i WILL NOT give ANY information as to how i managed to extract procam and the details from the basic receiver and get them onto a HD one. PMs will go unanswered

Hello Digidude ,
I've had a protek 9600IP for years now and working very well . Just bought a cheap Blackbox 500S recently and would like to try Procamd in some way on this box .
I myself find that i'm entitled to use the protek server as i allready bought one of their products in the past . Would you happen to have any tips for me please ?
You may allways PM me .
Kind regards ,

Blmipie

To access the Protek server, use the 9600IP, use the LNB loop thru on one of your 2 receivers, and use the other one to connect to 'other' services m8

Hello Digidude ,
I've had a protek 9600IP for years now and working very well . Just bought a cheap Blackbox 500S recently and would like to try Procamd in some way on this box .
I myself find that i'm entitled to use the protek server as i allready bought one of their products in the past . Would you happen to have any tips for me please ?
You may allways PM me .

blimpie
it doesnt work that way m8, the 9600ip works of the mac address(i think) and the fact that you flash the box with the darkforce propriatary software which allows you to connect to their server. the unixbox which is a dm500s clone uses a id file in conjunction with a addon file which then allows you to download the procam emulator and bouquets if you wish which in turn lets you connect to the server. in theory(as DD has proven) you can remove the unixbox id file and procam emulator and install them on say a dm800hd or vu+duo or whatever which in turn allows your hd box to connect to the server. unfortunatley what you are asking to do isnt possible as far as i know. regards mdt
Kind regards ,

Can i connect my Protek 9600 IP to a pay server ?
Does anyone know ?
Thanks

Can i connect my Protek 9600 IP to a pay server ?
Does anyone know ?
Thanks

if you go back to a earlier version of software(something like t54, i cant remember exactly) then you can use newcamd but this will lose you your gift packages. regards mdt

To access the Protek server, use the 9600IP, use the LNB loop thru on one of your 2 receivers, and use the other one to connect to 'other' services m8

With the lnb loop through would there be conflict between the 2 recievers using the same motor, I have a spiderbox 7000hd using diseq to store the satellites.

Cheers, Stu.

if you go back to a earlier version of software(something like t54, i cant remember exactly) then you can use newcamd but this will lose you your gift packages. regards mdt

I don't really care if i loose my gift package ( i have the code for the gift and i put it back any time) What i want to know is how to connect to a pay server and where i can find one that can support newcamd.
Can you please give me little more details ?
Cheers

If you can help me i can give you 3-4 gift codes for the protek server. I will replace them with codes from payservers for more channels on Avon.
Thanks in advance

If you can help me i can give you 3-4 gift codes for the protek server. I will replace them with codes from payservers for more channels on Avon.
Thanks in advance

try this software for using a newcamd line and then use google to find yourself a few test sea-lions or friends. regards mdt

Attachments

• software_1.39_and_keyfile.zip
    925.2 KB · Views: 76
try this software for using a newcamd line and then use google to find yourself a few test sea-lions or friends. regards mdt

I can't download , something is wrong
Cheers

Back