PID Search

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi again all,

PID Search

Doh...!! I can't believe that it's taken me so long to realise exactly what the 'PID Search' could do... I've been using Technomate (non-linux) receivers ever since they first came onto the market... and I really thought I knew virtually everything about their functions... I already knew that the 'PID Search' enabled you to search for individual channels on transponders/frequencies by entering the specific Video PID/Audio PID/PCR PID values... but what I didn't realise until last night was that this feature has another function...

Over the last couple of days I've been re-scanning transponders/updating channels on various satellites using the 'Advanced Search' function... I then go through all of the newly downloaded channels on each transponder and delete/clean up all of the empty (test) channels... the ones that have no associated PIDs... this is something I've always done... and I assume others would also have done likewise... however this procedure can be very time consuming...

So I tried scanning transponders/downloading channels using the 'PID Search' instead of the 'Advanced Search'... I left the Video PID/Audio PID/PCR PID values set to AUTO ...and low-and-behold when I looked at the downloaded channels there were now NO empty (test) channels present on any transponder frequency... the only downside is there's no 'Search Type' filter (All channels/FTA Only/TV Only) in the 'PID Search' menu... perhaps Technomate/Phantom Team could add the 'Search Type' filter (if possible) to this function...?

I'm guessing that most of you will already know all about this other function... however I thought I would post the information anyway... just in-case there's someone out there who didn't know...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi Zorch
Thanks for this information, like you I had always thought PID search was for specific channels bnut what you describe makes perfect sense (isn't it amazing how "obvious" something is when someone else tells you). Can I add my voice to your plea to add filtering to this function.

Hi again all,

WARNING

Oops...!! I've just thought of one drawback/proviso to take into consideration when you're using the 'PID Search' to download channels... when you're scanning during the daytime using 'Advanced Search' most of the late night (adult) channels download/appear in the channel line-ups without PIDs... and when they become active later on in the evening the 'providers' auto-update the PIDs so that the channels are viewable/able to be decoded... so please be aware of this when using the 'PID Search'.

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
In other words, scan twice- once during the day, and again at night. If you like that sort of thing of course...:grayno:

Back