Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Personal Computer Show 1987

A bit off topic but did any of you have any He-Man stuff. I had everything from Battle Cat, Orco, Man-At-Arms, Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain with the built in microphone.

I bet that stuff would have been worth a few bob now. Went to some charity shop years ago.

A bit off topic but did any of you have any He-Man stuff. I had everything from Battle Cat, Orco, Man-At-Arms, Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain with the built in microphone.

I bet that stuff would have been worth a few bob now. Went to some charity shop years ago.

he-man, thinking of it these days, he was a bit camp, orco, what the hell was he for? battlecat was good but cringer his alter-ego was camp as well.

preferred she-ra

Orco, I'm sure that was his name. Well I called him Orco anyway was the little red hooded ghosty type magician thing. lol

On the toy you inserted one of those long plastic strips with teeth on and pulled it out really fast to make him spin around.

I had some he-man stuff.

Funny you should mention it as it all got sent to a charity at christmas time when my mum moved house. I had all the info cards still, I was surprised to read on them that he was a barbarian who had been given special powers etc, which didnt tie in with the TV series where he was a prince.

Must have been secondary to me when I was that young.

did not the starbirds front bit come off?

oh, munk, heres how much i was into the wars, at my aunties house at xmas built me a hoth set using cotton wool, made a tie line from the top of the door to my at-at so luke could slide down, those were the days, built me into the well adjusted person i am today :)

Were those Star Birds part of the Star Wars series. I dont recall remebering the toy that oldmanken posted.

LMAO dave, I wish you'd taken some photo's that we could all take the piss out of now.

That Skelator from HeMan was a bad mutha. What a great character for the bad guy.

Orco, I'm sure that was his name. Well I called him Orco anyway was the little red hooded ghosty type magician thing. lol

On the toy you inserted one of those long plastic strips with teeth on and pulled it out really fast to make him spin around.

You sure you're not talking about dungeon master from ... Dungeons and Dragons.

neverwinter_nights_dm.jpg

No not Dungeon Master.

Although D&D was a great series but they never did get home. :(
I have the DVD box set. :)

This is Orco

No not Dungeon Master.

Although D&D was a great series but they never did get home. :(
I have the DVD box set. :)

This is Orco

They never got home? I'm sure they made it back to the fun fair. Surely not? the whole DD cartoon was about them finding a way home.

I think I'll have to watch the series again with my six year old. Damn I use to hate that little unicorn, he/she was so annoying so I hope it better second time around.

I think they got home once from what I remember but for one reason or another went back for something or someone. So never permanently got back.

dungeon master, old guy, hanging about with kids, mmmmmmm?
starbird was just a toy, think it had height sensors which changed it sounds.

this is a brill thread!

just remembered a couple of series i loved from the past. Visionaries and Captain Power!

Jesus christ guys.

Im drowning in a sea of nostalgia.

Dungeons and dragons. OMG!

He-man figures. Greg the posh twat from down the road always had more than me.

no one ever died in he-man, considering he had the power a bit lame. liked the live action movie though!

thinking about it, prob the best game ever and simplest would be the original gameboy and tetris

dungeon master, old guy, hanging about with kids, mmmmmmm?

Bwah hahaha I never thought about it that way LMAO

No one died in the 80's. Any bad guys that came up against the good guys were always caught by some dip$hit sheriff with the help of The A Team, that's just the way it was.

Hmm Tetris was good but I'll have to give my vote to Street Fighter II as the best game ever. Check this list out guys

Slightly OT.

Just saw an advert for a Beijing Olympics XBox 360 game.

What a bunch of ar$e!!!

Give me [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4QOgvN6wC8"]Daley Thompson's Decathlon [/ame]anyday.
That game was guaranteed to wreck your keyboard, smash your pointy fingers, & result in some flowery language being directed at your portable telly/monitor. :)

i suppose munk cause tetris was so simplistic, yet genious, like games i like today, loco roco, its good to have some down time.

Slightly OT.

Just saw an advert for a Beijing Olympics XBox 360 game.

What a bunch of ar$e!!!

Give me Daley Thompson's Decathlon anyday.
That game was guaranteed to wreck your keyboard, smash your pointy fingers, & result in some flowery language being directed at your portable telly/monitor. :)

Guys check out where Daley is standing when the guy measures the long jump :)

LMAO watching that video. Daley runs like a pwoper English gentlemen with those high knees.

i think starbird was out the same time as bigtrack.

back to gaming, anyone play an arcade game that you got strapped into, went 360, air warcraft type, cost a quid a go at the time, was in Mr T's in blackpool i think.

I went on that in Florida, they had it at Blockbusters entertainment zone. I ended up stuck upside down. I found if you flicked the control stick from left to right it would roll upside down, if you held it right it would barrel roll. Thyey also had the Virtual Reality game things, where you wore the huge helmet. Bit crap, even for then really.

Back