Personal Computer Show 1987

VR was poo, but that sega machine was good tech, like space harrier and the full size super hang-on where you had to physically lean the bike.

i think starbird was out the same time as bigtrack.

back to gaming, anyone play an arcade game that you got strapped into, went 360, air warcraft type, cost a quid a go at the time, was in Mr T's in blackpool i think.

LMAO, oh the memories!

I remember standing in MR.B's watching someone inside that thing and there was a huge crowd watching, I was desperate to play it as it looked amazing but I thought to myself 'how embarrassing' and walked away. Later that evening I went back and the arcade was much quieter so I jumped on and pumped a few quid into the machine, I was having the time of my life getting jostled around this way and that way then the thing did the 360 and I was in heaven, it was only as my last life expired and the machine came to rest that i noticed the crowd of people standing watching me, I was mortified :)

Last edited:
Isn't it Mr B's?

Me, Hyper sports, and a couple of quid.

Heaven.

I went on that in Florida, they had it at Blockbusters entertainment zone. I ended up stuck upside down. I found if you flicked the control stick from left to right it would roll upside down, if you held it right it would barrel roll. Thyey also had the Virtual Reality game things, where you wore the huge helmet. Bit crap, even for then really.

I had a go on that machine in Londons Trocodero. The ride cost me £2 plus another couple of quid from all the change that fell out of my pockets.

Sega's virtual racing in Trocodero was one of the best VR games I have ever played. It cost a quid a go and the cars moved around as well. I went on buy the 32X add on for my MegaDrive just to play that game. That 32X was a huge flop along with the MegaCD. Some of you guys must have bought the 32X as well. Surely I wasn't the only mug punter?

I was very good at the shooting discipline. Hyper Sports was a fantastic game.

Hyper_sports.jpg

What great cover art!

Back