Personal Computer Show 1987

And what about Philips CDi, that was a good machine and Amiga CD-TV.

also had a PC Engine, think it was made by NEC, r-type and sidearms rocked on that little box

How brilliant was that little thing!

I had the plain white one, I'm sure it was a Japanese import, IMO it shat all over the SNES and Megadrive. How cool were those credit-card sized catridges :)

I lost mine a few years ago when I moved house, wife reckons it was in a box up the loft that I forgot about :(

I had the Philips CD-i and the Amiga CD32, I bought the CD-i to play '7th Guest' and I'll never forget the time I wasted £55 for 'Microcosm' it waws utter garbage! :)

I never owned a NeoGeo, they looked amazing.

What handhelds did everyone own?

I used to love my orange dual screen Nintendo Donkey Kong, anyone ever have one? And what about Astro Wars, anyone remember that?

Last edited:
Ahh you guys crack me up. Some of those consoles you mentioned sold in their thousands and not millions but I should have known that a few DW'ers would have bought them Lol.

I've got a few handhelds from back in the day, mainly Nintendo game and watch. I think I have a few games possibly 3 or 4. I've also got two tabletop games (pics attached) and there are one or two more loose games at my mums place. I think the others are Tomy Tronic or Earth Invaders.

This thread has given me a buzz for this retro gaming gear. I'm going to jump on ebay and see how cheap the older consoles are. Any recommendations lads? I already own

Vectrex
ZX81
Speccy 48k
C64
Megadrive Jap Import
SNES Jap Import

I really fancy buying a Sega Dreamcast for some reason or is it the Saturn which had Virtual Fighter 1?

Possibly the best thing ever. I still have it at my mums.

tron_game3.jpg

Tron had a 4 way direction pad which was state of the art back then. I'd love to see the artwork on the box, I don't suppose you looked after your toys?

Im the eldest out of four lads mate.

The only thing that didn't get passed down was my undercrackers.

I found a C64 emulator for the Apple Mac, Power64 it is really good, then got 5,000 games. I spent all morning playing BeachHead 2 didn't even notice the time and was late getting into work!

Funny how you could pass so much time on the older games than you can on the newer ones.

I want to get a joystick now so i can re-live my childhood. Anyone got one knocking about they dont want anymore?

I found a C64 emulator for the Apple Mac, Power64 it is really good, then got 5,000 games. I spent all morning playing BeachHead 2 didn't even notice the time and was late getting into work!

Funny how you could pass so much time on the older games than you can on the newer ones.

I want to get a joystick now so i can re-live my childhood. Anyone got one knocking about they dont want anymore?

I think I have one mate that I never use. Its a bit mad ATM as I'm moving a load of my gear about. If you're in no hurry I'm sure I can dig it up.

My favourite ever hand-held :)

I wonder if I can get this for my DS? :)

original-game-and-watch-donkey-kong-nintendo.png

Go on tell me you didn't love this machine?

Grandstand-AstroWars.jpg

witch, cousin had one of those also a bigtrack! (fave arcade game of all time must be either gorf or space harrier, and i mean arcade, you know the ones where you have to put your pennies in)

Thats some really nice gear witchy, I am very jealous of Astro Wars. Any game that played like Galaxians was a huge hit with me. I must have that Astro Wars game, before I jump onto ebay can you please confirm that it is a shoot em up?

Bloody hell that Donkey Kong game is in great nick. Check mine out, they are battered! Apologies for the very poor photo. The Zelda game I bought at a car boot for 50p a few years back.

Did anyone ever clock those little Nintendo handhelds? I clocked DK II on Game A when I were a lad :)

not exactly a computer game, but way cool, prob the first robot i played with, apart from the turtle on the schools bbc

@ Munkey, those are not my machines mate, I Googled the pictures :)

Mine are long gone :(

Only handheld I can remember clocking was Pac Man. :)

Astro Wars is indeed a shooter and it's fabulous, you even get to dock with the mothership and stuff.

@ Daveleebond, what was that thing called mate, Big Trax or summit like that?

I never owned one :(

Anyone ever have a Millenium Falcon which the sound effects that changed depending on how high or low it was from the floor?

Last edited:
@ Munkey, those are not my machines mate, I Googled the pictures :)

Mine are long gone :(

Only handheld I can remember clocking was Pac Man. :)

Astro Wars is indeed a shooter and it's fabulous, you even get to dock with the mothership and stuff.

@ Daveleebond, what was that thing called mate, Big Trax or summit like that?

I never owned one :(

Anyone ever have a Millenium Falcon which the sound effects that changed depending on how high or low it was from the floor?

had the falcon, snowspeeder, at-at, and at-st, and a speeder the empiire one that used to blow up. mum gave them away, piity would be worth allot now

not exactly a computer game, but way cool, prob the first robot i played with, apart from the turtle on the schools bbc

Quality mate! I found this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6V-tuOf3dE[/ame]

That beam and transport were state of the art. I had [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KurmekvkRkc"]BigFoot[/ame] which was a pale imitation of BigTrak. Thats very cool that you had all of the Star Wars gear. I had a few bits n pieces but not enough to fight an imperial war.

i remember having one of these starbirds

did not the starbirds front bit come off?

oh, munk, heres how much i was into the wars, at my aunties house at xmas built me a hoth set using cotton wool, made a tie line from the top of the door to my at-at so luke could slide down, those were the days, built me into the well adjusted person i am today :)

Last edited:
Back