people on benefits ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to work for London Underground and had a accident got medical retirement getting a pension equal to my salary minus shift allowance got paid out from the insurance, bought my house cash got no mortgage. Now I've disclosed all this info to the DWP but was told it makes no difference to my entitilement I still get DLA, incapacity benefit and some other benefits can't remember what they are. Four month ago I get a letter from a company called Warm Front telling me that they were going to visit me, the woman turned up had a look round my house and told me they will insulate my loft and cavity the front and side wall (semi detatched). I said how much will it cost me, she said it will only cost me if the value of the work exceeds £2700as I qualify for the grant. The work has been done and I got a letter with a range of grants that I could apply for, now thats £2700 per year (no rollover) I could have double glazing, new boiler just to name a few things on that list also they keep sending me these energy saver bulbs I got enough to open a shop!!
I bought a brand new 330 coupe and a hyundai s3 coupe for my wife and my neighbours don't seem botherd at all. I'm a "healthy looking" 35 year old whos home all day, good job I don't live next to some of you guys as you would bug my house!!!
Some freinds have called me a lucky bastard and my reply is always the same let me run you over and go through 42 operations have a cabinet full of all sorts of pain killers can't run, can't walk too far my fcuking leg looks like a A-Z so I can't wear shorts my back looks like I got a X like the X factor on it plus other things that I rather not say.
My neighbours know nothing about my disability but I don't sence any jelousy from them.
So to the op look up some of the benefits that disabled people are entitled to and remember not all disabilities are visible like me your neighbour could be wishing that he had good health and could work.

Your post has answered a shitload of questions for me mate, those grants you spoke of explain everything.

Cheers.

:Cheers:

Are you being sarky again witchy?

lol

You run out of popcorn, so decided to rejoin the battle?

Mozr - I draw a distinction between reporting a crime and grassing, particularly in the case you hypothesized with Ian: he would be a witness/victim of an actual crime, therefore no suppositions.

@mozr....

No mate, serious.

I never knew anything about these grants to get Double Glazing, loft insulation etc, it explains how a lot of unemployed people around here have lovelly windows.

Got to say though, well done guys, a heated debate and so far it's not been locked and no-one is banned!

:Clap:

Now carry on as before, I'm just about to open a bag of Doritos.....

I was wondering when you would pop up sausagesoap lol

34 pages all because someone couldn't be arsed to say" bloody hell thats a big job how ya managing that" to a neighbour.
My neighbours are great friends since we moved here. pity more folks aint

Mozr - I draw a distinction between reporting a crime and grassing, particularly in the case you hypothesized with Ian: he would be a witness/victim of an actual crime, therefore no suppositions.

You make an interesting point. So you would never report anybody to the police unless you have the smoking gun? You would never report based upon a suspicion, only hard evidence?

Well that's the difference between you and me. I am just glad police forces throughout the world favour me, and have 'suspects' when a crime is committed, then investigate until the truth is found. Otherwise the world would be in a much worse position.

Any ideas on a hypothetical scenario where you (as a citizen) would know 100% that someone is cheating?

You make an interesting point. So you would never report anybody to the police unless you have the smoking gun? You would never report based upon a suspicion, only hard evidence?

Well that's the difference between you and me. I am just glad police forces throughout the world favour me, and have 'suspects' when a crime is committed, then investigate until the truth is found. Otherwise the world would be in a much worse position.

Any ideas on a hypothetical scenario where you (as a citizen) would know 100% that someone is cheating?

A line has to be drawn somewhere. At what point do suspicions become great enough to suggest the likelihood of a crime?

If we all shopped our neighbours because we didn't have the guts or decency to really get to know them - what then.

I draw a distinction when it comes to crimes of violence - I might need a little less evidence if I feared for the safety of a child.

If the OP feels that he/she needs to become a more responsible citizen then it might be an idea to check that all the local old folks are being looked after: have regular company, are able to get their shopping and washing done, are getting proper meals, etc.

Priorities: the government already has an agency to pursue benefit frauds, they employ agents and don't need unpaid ones.

There may be agencies to take care of the elderly and infirm but if any of those slip through a loophole then they may suffer greatly.

If a benefit fraudster slips through I believe the suffering caused would be of a much lower order.

You are doing the there are much worse things in life shtick here, and even questioning the OP for having no decency?

Come on now, that's beneath you Hamba.

Questioning why the OP doesn't help the elderly? Jesus.

Why don't you go to Africa and help the dying babies Hamba!?

I know the above statement is stupid. I use it to make a point. It all comes down to the same thing. if someone says he does not like what he perceives to be injustice, some people in this thread decide to do the 'let he is without sin' argument.

We draw the line in a different place. Can we not leave it like that?

You are doing the there are much worse things in life shtick here, and even questioning the OP for having no decency?

Come on now, that's beneath you Hamba.

Questioning why the OP doesn't help the elderly? Jesus.

Why don't you go to Africa and help the dying babies Hamba!?

I know the above statement is stupid. I use it to make a point. It all comes down to the same thing. if someone says he does not like what he perceives to be injustice, some people in this thread decide to do the 'let he is without sin' argument.

We draw the line in a different place. Can we not leave it like that?

I didn't, "question the OP for having no decency", I suggested his urge to be a good citizen might find a better and more productive target. I talked about priorities.

I am saying: if you want to combat injustice find a real and verifiable cause. Don't make assumptions about your neighbours and if you are suspicious and feel it is your duty to do something: gather evidence or, better still, confront your neighbour.

Surely if you expect him to face the consequences of his actions you should face the consequences of yours.

Right so instead of making a complaint to the correct authority, who have the powers to investigate, you want him to go round and have it out?

This thread is silly.

Right so instead of making a complaint to the correct authority, who have the powers to investigate, you want him to go round and have it out?

This thread is silly.

No: verify his suspicions, check the facts, etc.

You don't make allegations against someone based on pure supposition!

And no one on here should be telling the OP to shop his neighbour based on what the OP has said.

What he has said he "knows" is questionable and open to interpretation.

We don't know he is a reliable witness, what his motives are, his state of mind, etc.

wow so much healthy debate on a rant I made yesterday

obviously people can say what they like about me, am I jealous or a nosy neuighbour, I have lived next door to the guy for 10 years we get on ok and I have had my suspicions on him for some time now. I have enought evidence on this but wont share it on this public forum.

How many of you who recieve benefits can claim to have up to 60k on them in savings ? how many people who work can claim to have up to 60k in savings on them (and I mean savings but not money from loans etc).

T

Last edited:
wow so much healthy debate on a rant I made yesterday

obviously people can say what they like about me, am I jealous or a nosy neuighbour, I have lived next door to the guy for 10 years we get on ok and I have had my suspicions on him for some time now. I have enought evidence on this but wont share it on this public forum.

How many of you who recieve benefits can claim to have up to 60k on them in savings ? how many people who work can claim to have up to 60k in savings on them (and I mean savings but not money from loans etc).
T

So JFish: have you mentioned your concerns to your neighbour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back