people on benefits ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
my neighbour has just put a planning permission for an extension to the house, it will cost him about 55K (as the one I did this year cost 45 and his is bigger extension)

now this guy is on benefits doesnt work at all. has a 53 plate people carrier - so how can he afford such an investment in his property ? when he is on benefits ? Is he working with cash in hand and not telling the benefits people.

I work and my wife yet at times we have to watch what we spend as with cost of living and owning a car going up.

rant over

so how can he afford such an investment in his property ? when he is on benefits ? Is he working with cash in hand and not telling the benefits people.

Think you need to ask him, how are you sure that he is on benefits?

Think you need to ask him, how are you sure that he is on benefits?

he told me.

I would ask but I find it would be rude to ask someone on how they can afford such expensive project on their property.

he told me.

I would ask but I find it would be rude to ask someone on how they can afford such expensive project on their property.

How would it be rude especially if you have spoken to him about benefits, if he has told you he is on benefits then I'm sure he'll tell you how he is funding his extension

How would it be rude especially if you have spoken to him about benefits, if he has told you he is on benefits then I'm sure he'll tell you how he is funding his extension

I can see where your coming from, from what I know (and what he told me) his wife gets some benefit for her eyes (then again she is the "twitching the curtain and spy on the neighbours" type, so nothing wrong with her eyes). and the usual benefits you get with 5 children and out of work.

I just find it odd that someone with no job can afford such a expensive extension.

I assume when your on benefits you get discount on council tax and probably some on your fuel bills etc.

Maybe he's had an inheritance, or something...?

Maybe he's had an inheritance, or something...?

if he did dont you have to declare it to the tax man and also benefits people as some kind of income ?

could be worse he could be a druggie or alky and have a wreck of a home at least he is improving the area and that must keep house prices up including yours.

You don't get any help with Fuel bills mate, unless you're a pensioner.

I'm with RABP, sounds like they might be decent neighbours. It could be much, much worse.

You're not pissed 'cos theirs is going to be bigger than yours are you...? ;) lol

You don't get any help with Fuel bills mate, unless you're a pensioner.

I'm with RABP, sounds like they might be decent neighbours. It could be much, much worse.

You're not pissed 'cos theirs is going to be bigger than yours are you...? ;) lol

not pissed if their house is bigger than mine.

just pisses me off some people abuse the system to get anything for free without putting anything back into the systems. These are the same people who slag the system off yet the first in queue for the free hand out.

I am cool with legitimate cases of people recieving benefits which they are entitled to, but I am certain my neighbour is abusing the system and gets more than he should really get.

Report him

I have NO sympathy at all if the information supplied is correct. If he has done everything by the book, he has nothing to worry about. If he has assets and has failed to declare them, then he needs to.

There is no self determination in this country any more. Where is the pride? How can you look at your face in the mirror and know that you could work, but prefer other people to pay for you. People jump on the disabled bandwagon (some of them can still jump) far too easy.

I have no problem helping someone who is down on their luck, via my taxes. Paying for someone's extension would down right piss me off.

not pissed if their house is bigger than mine.

just pisses me off some people abuse the system to get anything for free without putting anything back into the systems. These are the same people who slag the system off yet the first in queue for the free hand out.

I am cool with legitimate cases of people recieving benefits which they are entitled to, but I am certain my neighbour is abusing the system and gets more than he should really get.

Me & my missus both work because we want to and we get by.

Senario:

If we wanted, we could sell our house and then pretend to seperate. I could bank any profits made from the sale of my house.

She could quit her job then claim to be a homeless single mother, get a 3 bedroom semi-detached council house and her rent & council tax paid.

I could live there getting everything paid for us through her "Single mother" thing and have a bank account with thousands of pounds in it from the sale of our house and still pull in my monthly wage.

We could live like King & Queen with a little princess happily ever after.

But we choose not to, we want to work and set a good example to our daughter and let her understand you can only have things when we can pay for them with our own money.

Your neighbour has maybe done the above senario?

Bravo.

You my friend, are a man.

Your daughter will turn out great.

Report him

I have NO sympathy at all if the information supplied is correct. If he has done everything by the book, he has nothing to worry about. If he has assets and has failed to declare them, then he needs to.

There is no self determination in this country any more. Where is the pride? How can you look at your face in the mirror and know that you could work, but prefer other people to pay for you. People jump on the disabled bandwagon (some of them can still jump) far too easy.

I have no problem helping someone who is down on their luck, via my taxes. Paying for someone's extension would down right piss me off.

thought it was innocent till proven guilty not the other way about

how do we know his Family are not in the building game and are helping him out. if we report everybody that does a bit of home inprovement who is going to investigate every other scrounger.

the guy must own the house if so he can't be claiming rent and you can't put an extention onto a council house until you are certain with all the facts it's hard to say. he could have came into a bit of money from bingo or lottery and depending on what benefits he is on might not need to declare it. not all benefits are means tested the guy just might be on the right side of the law.

then again he could be a drug dealer or arms dealer and blow your head off for grassing him up.

as I said it could be much worse maybe he'll finish the work then rent it out to a family of 17 who wreck the nieborghood break into houses and cars do durgs in the garden party every weekend.

Last edited:
my neighbour has just put a planning permission for an extension to the house, it will cost him about 55K (as the one I did this year cost 45 and his is bigger extension)

now this guy is on benefits doesnt work at all. has a 53 plate people carrier - so how can he afford such an investment in his property ? when he is on benefits ? Is he working with cash in hand and not telling the benefits people.

I work and my wife yet at times we have to watch what we spend as with cost of living and owning a car going up.

rant over

I reckon it's got sod all to do with you, but if it's worrying you that much go and ask him instead of bitching about it..

Why because someone doesn't know the FULL facts of his neighbour financial circumstances he has to report them - fecking out of order and just hope his neighbour doesn't find out who it was as it who shopped him

legitimate people are getting stuffed when payments are frozen while being investigated because some jobs worth puts 2 & 2 together and gets 5 then reports them

just hops jfish gets his facts right if he is thinking of reporting them

Personally I say report him....

If he's legitimate then he has nothing to worry about...If he isn't legitmate then he does have something to worry about...And it's taxpayers money that funds the investigation so he has every right to report him if he considers something is wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back