parking ticket... raging !!!

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a parking ticket today.. not because the I didnt display or was late coming back to it..

reason got the ticket:

"not parked wholly within markings of a bay/space"

fecking raging, I was was on the top of the L braket but it was obstructing the front or rear vehicle.

It was a tight space as there was a van parked in front of me.. obviuosly the dumb feck couldnt use common sense.. fecking retard.. big looser !! argh !!!!

RAGING:FINGER:

Jobsworth :( Why are people like this. Why can't people use common sense. Why do people need to punish those who don't need to be and let those who need to be get away with it? Too easy a target. Grrrrrrr, you got me annoyed now too.

torque said:
Jobsworth :( Why are people like this. Why can't people use common sense. Why do people need to punish those who don't need to be and let those who need to be get away with it? Too easy a target. Grrrrrrr, you got me annoyed now too.

One word: Targets

Sorry cant provide a constructive reply dude. Tickets suck. Worth an argue.

Just ask them to send you the relevant provisions to indicate parking on a bay marking is an offence!!

Seems odd that 'on the line' is acceptable for a driving test - yet not for a traffic warden.

I would fight it.
Tw@ts.

raging too thinking about it..

seen the provisions on the website and there is a provision 24 on nearly all concils website..

my first thought was to fight it but thinking if it doesnt go through it would be £60... feckers get you either way..

pure raging !!!

if you contest it

u will always pay the reduced rate as the ticket is held..

make sure they have photograpic evidence.. and when they do and you are parked on the line..

firstyly explain the situation of the tight entry (ok laugh) and then goon to state that DVLA and the DSA teach that on the line is ok as long as your not over the line.. and feel you have been unfairly targeted,

I got done like this years ago while at a night match at the footy. Wankers.

I was in the bay, but my back wheels where on the line, I was done for obstruction/parking on yellow lines. (Boot overhanging the white line basically) I lost the appeal.

Mind you, there was no camera phones back then to support my case! Lol

I got done like this years ago while at a night match at the footy. Wankers.

I was in the bay, but my back wheels where on the line, I was done for obstruction/parking on yellow lines. (Boot overhanging the white line basically) I lost the appeal.

Mind you, there was no camera phones back then to support my case! Lol
see it states. wheels must be in the box not the car..

i get away with it when picking litrtlen up from school...

i drive an estate atm, front wheel edged up to a double yellow, rear wheel is clear, and is just ouside a drop kerb.

the rear over hangs the drop kerb (and there is plenty of space to get off the drive)

thus im parking legally..

see it states. wheels must be in the box not the car..

Yes m8, that's why I appealed, because my rear wheels were on the white paintwork on the road, only the boot (Astra estate IIRC, rental job) was hovering on the yellow lines.

You need to go through the procedure,

Firstly write to them asking for a photo of your car illegally parked.
Then also ask for clear signage that shows how your car must be parked, for it to be legally parked.

When they reply let us know what they said.

got a parking ticket today.. not because the I didnt display or was late coming back to it..

reason got the ticket:

"not parked wholly within markings of a bay/space"

fecking raging, I was was on the top of the L braket but it was obstructing the front or rear vehicle.

It was a tight space as there was a van parked in front of me.. obviuosly the dumb feck couldnt use common sense.. fecking retard.. big looser !! argh !!!!

RAGING:FINGER:

Is it a private or council parking ticket?

If it's from a private firm just ignore it

just give them a call mate.

Be polite and explain that due to the car on the right or left etc.. parking over your bay slightly, caused you to be over your allotted space etc..

This happened to me last year I explained the above and requested photo evidence of the offending car which was causing me to go over the line. The car park didn't have cctv and just dropped the ticket over the phone. no letters no stress just commonsense (although I can't guarantee you will speak to a operator with commonsense lol )

Good luck

they are getting over the top now i agree.
this reminds me of what happened to a friend of mine not so long ago.
her went into mcdonalds car park with his son and went though the drive though, dropped him off at home then went back out to get his older daughter, he went back into the same mcdonalds (approx 1 hr later) and got her something though the drive thru. 1 week later 60 or 90 pound fine (there abouts) for coming back to the shop within 90 mins - he rang up and they said it was to stop people over staying - tough.
it was also a private firm who issued the ticket he told them to get stuffed and see you in court, never heard anything again, off set was they never go to quackdonalds anymore.
tbh i would be the same - if tesco ticketed my car they would lose 1000s of business from me, and i would never pay the ticket either. talk about alienating thier customers.

local authority, police and dvla are the only tickets i would actually pay for, if a private firm clamped my car a nice cutter would do the job fine....

Last edited:
I can understand with people with tesco who have car parks close to train stations and stuff were parking is abused. We have an aldi near our train station and its very difficult to park there during commute times.

Back