Sensible Topic Parking Charge Notice

dazling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in just ignoring any letters that come through for these or should I be responding telling then to F off ?
I got a ticket whilst I was visiting my dying Father in Hospital and as far as I know I was parking legally there was signs around but not in the area where I parked
there was also 2 disabled bays in front of me and 2 Drop off Bays Behind me which both areas had signs on the wall and painted on the floor and then where I parked no sign or nothing on
the floor so I assumed that it was a normal parking bay I have taken pictures that shows what I have stated just in case they do take me to court.
so do I need to respond or just ignore?
Thanks

Only the police or council can leagaly enforce parking fines.
I had 2 years ago by a company called parking eye for over staying in a mcdonalds car park...i ignored it and after about the 4th threatening letter they gave up

too wet and cold in Wales m8ty Egypt is a far better option roll on 2019 when my holiday home is finished.

We had a Scottish member here who gets a ticket every week parking in the same place, he could be due for a big fine soon

These things rely on "contract law" By using the facility you are technically entering into a contract with the providor. On a "1 off" You are unlikely to have it enforced through court but the providor may choose that route (unlikely) The women in Dundee was delibretly flouting this by repeatedly doing it this is why it was enforcable as she knew she had entered the contract. Contract law relys on you reading the contract IE parking signs. Big grey area tbh.

My Daughter has had two in the last 6 months with lots of threatening letters which were ignored and nothing has come from them. My daughters friend has a law degree and told us it’s very rare that they ever take you to court and told us not to pay them as did a few members on here including @IANB. Personally I would ignore it, but this may change in future....

my wife got a "parking notice" off parking eye last year... she went back to the shop she could prove she shopped in and complained

they said we will sort it a week later we got a letter saying it was being dropped

the only thing i would mention is if you ignore it you may get a CCJ (info on martin lewis website)

hope this helps

Back