local council parking fine, pool car bay wtf!

petedajag

Inactive User
Reaction score
Local council trying to charge my wife £30 for parking in a pool car bay in a council car park! She has a weekly 40 minute visit to an office and pays for the hour every week, but parked there and wasn't even aware of what pool car bays were!
She wrote to them to explain the situation, but they wrote back saying she should make a representation. She wrote again, saying pretty much the same thing.
Because it wasn't paid within 14 days, it went up to £60! Then a form came out to the main driver (me). I, again, filled this in saying that she should not be liable to pay, as she was not aware, and had payed for a normail ticket. They refused that and said that it would be going up to £90!

What the f*ck are they on, bullying ba*terds! Is anyone here aware of what I can do apart from pay the f*ckers! I would love to just say "take me to court", but would be worried about my lawyers bill, all for not paying £30 through principal.

I wish i wasn't so effin stubborn! She was willing to pay the £30, but I refused thinking it would be no problem sorting out!

Was the bay marked? If not then they have no right. Go back and check, and take a picture if it isn't, then refuse to pay.

As far as I know it is marked, so says letter.

Wife did not see anything, as was in rush to make appointment and obviously didn't know what one was to look out for. Think I will go down and have a look myself.

I have never heard of pool car bays but I do agree with what Exos said to check signage.
Also the wording of the letter you received is important, if they call it a charge for breeching contract and the signage isn't clear, they can't force you to pay.

I had similar happen to me at the local Wilkinsons store when i parked in a permit holders bay. When I got back and saw the ticket stuck to my screen I thought WTF? looked around, but no signs to be seen so I asked the attendant why he put it there. He pointed to the signs that were at least 12 feet up the wall, as i complained he told me to write in contesting it with my reasons. So i sent them this;
"The carpark in question has no clear signage to explain what the relevant parking restrictions are. This means no contract can be formed with the landowner and all tickets are issued illegally. Please see attached evidence , Having a sign at around 12 foot up a wall, isn’t suitable as it's arguable when turning or manoeuvring which has to be done to get to the space in question, you’ll need to be concentrating on your driving to stay safe, not looking up for inconspicuous parking signs. Signs need to be visible from the drivers perspective to be sufficient and not from the other side of the car park which happens to be the way out."

photo inserted

"If you choose to pursue me for this charge please be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence and this will be the only letter you will receive from me until you answer the specific points raised in my letter. "

I never heard another thing from them.
I believe its not so simple if it actually a fine though, you may well need legal advice for that.
Good luck

it depends if its a Parking charge notice (pcn) or a penalty charge notice.
If its the first then ignore it as its unenforceable and relays on contract law. You are not legally obliged to inform them who was driving either . If its the second then your fooked and will have to pay it as its a fine :(

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask,fookin robbers the lot of them

Tamarc, totally true mate, I am totally sick!
The council suck balls big time. Just looked at it and it is a penalty charge.
Why the f*ck would my wife buy a parking ticket and intentionally park somewhere she is going to be fined £30???? They are f*cking bullies and if I could see the bellends at the other side of a desk sending these £30 to £60 to £90 tickets I would wipe my arse with the tickets and ram them down their throats!

if i were you id pay then fight it,they add more b4 you know its 400.00
pay 30.00 then fight it. take pics of were it happened.
it is sh.t

Back