overgrown trees

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i live on an estate,which has trees along the side of the road about 20 meters apart,i got a tree more or less on the boundry with next door neighbour,now i want to get a sat dish up but the trees will block the sat signal, can i get the council to chop them down a few feet of the top,to enable me to recieve a sat
signal,the trees been here over 30 years started off about 8 foot tall,now they
over top of the house,its not just the tree outside me house,theres a few down the street (which is facing south)

i live on an estate,which has trees along the side of the road about 20 meters apart,i got a tree more or less on the boundry with next door neighbour,now i want to get a sat dish up but the trees will block the sat signal, can i get the council to chop them down a few feet of the top,to enable me to recieve a sat
signal,the trees been here over 30 years started off about 8 foot tall,now they
over top of the house,its not just the tree outside me house,theres a few down the street (which is facing south)

phone the council and see if they are protected by some sort of licence, if they are on your property, i.e. branches etc you can cut them down, just get permission first as if you dont they can be ass holes.

tell them they are blocking your sunlight or summit and they may let you cut them down to agree,the worst they can say is no!!!

cheers manu,ive even thought about sabbatagin them,ie pourin desil or summat
around the base off the trees,and knowin my luck il get busted or grassed on

cheers manu,ive even thought about sabbatagin them,ie pourin desil or summat

to kill em em you need to chop em down and drill the stump and fill with with salt!!! but do get permission if there not on your land as you can get prosecuted!!!

,ive even thought about sabbatagin them,ie pourin desil or summat
That wont work even if you drilled a hole at the base of the tree and poured in cuprinol it would take over a year or more to work best option would be to try and cut the tree down or trim it heavily as for salt pmsl

Kill the neighbour.

Take a chainsaw to the tree.

Simples.

:)

Talking of trees........

I have a massive fir in the back garden which is putting pressure on a BT phone line.

I'm expecting a cheeky letter or massive bill soon.

Salt is an old wifes tale and only works with small plants or young shrubs etc, if it worked on trees and larger bushes there would be no trees or shrubs at the side of the road cause the gritter would kill them every winter lol.

The only way you will kill a mature tree without raising suspiscion is to drill several 10mm holes into the main roots slightly away from the trunk a few inches deep and fill with undiluted SBK Brushwood killer ( available from all good garden centres) top up the holes over a few weeks preferably late summer while it is still in leaf. The leaves will gradually start to fall like an early autumn and come the spring it will be stone dead. Make sure the holes you drilled are filled up with soil phone the local council and because it is dead they are duty bound to remove it as it is now a danger.

ps any more than 1 at a time and they will suss and start door knocking!

the one i heard was bang a few copper nails in tree to kill it,drilled 2 1/2 holes about 5 inches deep and banged 2 copper water pipes deep inside,5 years later tree is still growing and i lost my internet lol

the council should be cutting it back afaik, but in todays era of cost cutting I can imagine its not a high priority item.

We some council trees outside our place that were overgrowing. Got sick of them in the end, banded together and paid somebody to sort them out. Never heard from the council about them, I guess they have more pressing matters to deal with.

Salt is an old wifes tale and only works with small plants or young shrubs etc, if it worked on trees and larger bushes there would be no trees or shrubs at the side of the road cause the gritter would kill them every winter lol.

The only way you will kill a mature tree without raising suspiscion is to drill several 10mm holes into the main roots slightly away from the trunk a few inches deep and fill with undiluted SBK Brushwood killer ( available from all good garden centres) top up the holes over a few weeks preferably late summer while it is still in leaf. The leaves will gradually start to fall like an early autumn and come the spring it will be stone dead. Make sure the holes you drilled are filled up with soil phone the local council and because it is dead they are duty bound to remove it as it is now a danger.

Haha... Do you live near me???

I have killed 3 in 3 years with this method ;) and the council kindly then chopped them down for me now I have a clear view of satellites from 28e to 18w.

I think another 1 has gotta go for 30w but I'm gonna wait a few years now as I think I have been lucky so far.

The trees I killed were way over 40 ft in a council dene.

when do gritters chop the tree down, drill a hole in the stump and fill with salt??? thats why the gritters dont kill the trees!!!!!!!!

@manutd4life

you dont have to cut the tree open for the salt to get into it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

@manutd4life

you dont have to cut the tree open for the salt to get into it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i was on about a way to kill it, if you read my previous posts its explains how it kills them and then its self explanatory why the gritters dont kill them. thats what i was getting at!!

hes saying salt dont work with every tree or shrub then explains how to kill something?

or am i reading it wrong?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hes saying salt dont work with every tree or shrub then explains how to kill something?

or am i reading it wrong?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

he said salt doesnt kill trees, then said if it did then there would be no trees because of the gritters.

read my first post on here

if salt did kill all trees then when the gritters spread in the winter and the salt gets onto the roadside where the trees and shrubs are the salt has no effect

thus meaning the gritters wont kill the trees by the salt getting onto the side where the trees are?

can someone jump in here?

i'm either reading stewarts post correctly or i'm confused lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

if salt did kill all trees then when the gritters spread in the winter and the salt gets onto the roadside where the trees and shrubs are the salt has no effect

thus meaning the gritters wont kill the trees by the salt getting onto the side where the trees are?

can someone jump in here?

i'm either reading stewarts post correctly or i'm confused lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

have you even read my post explaining how to kill them with salt?

but then stewart says the gritters dont kill the roadside trees because salt doesnt kill all trees, you dont have to drill into trees for salt to get into the xylem or phleum of the tree

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

but then stewart says the gritters dont kill the roadside trees because salt doesnt kill all trees, you dont have to drill into trees for salt to get into the xylem or phleum of the tree

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Some big words there Gav,lol
Sure you not been spending too much time with the arb boys?

Back