Ordered my TM800

eazi

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have taken the plunge.

I have been very happy with the TM 600 and even recommended, set up a couple for friends and family but the lure of HD was just too much.

Its due to be delivered tomorrow so I should have HD before the kick off on Sunday :banana:

I to am being lured but am struggling to get my tm600 to run good

we have one as s*erver and 2 as c*lients what image and cams are using bud?

cheers

No mate its a Server hosted on t'interweb :)

When you say server do you mean one with an external card reader? When you say on the t'internet - I take it you don't mean a data centre?

Sorry don't mean to pry - just trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Yes mate, I have a server, in a european data centre

What?

You have a server in a data centre and they were ok for you to visit and install a card reader and insert a subscribed Pay TV card?

:err:

not quite. Lets just leave it that I have a cccam server in europe and my box at home is a client :angelwing

So you don't have a local card? :err:

Are you talking about a dynamic DNS server?

I'm confused.

lol

Sounds to me like you have a simple cardshare, without a local, lol.

How would u get your service provider in trouble? :err:

Sounds to me like you have a simple cardshare, without a local, lol.

How would u get your service provider in trouble? :err:

Witchy

I assume that one could have a server (using the term loosely) in a datacentre running CCCam as a client to a DM500s (hosting a card) and then re-sharing out to other clients? So to all intents and purposes the hosted Linux server would be the "server in the data centre".

The only upside would be masking your IP address (of the DM500s) from the end users (i.e. clients). Make sense if you are running a payserver, but for a closed private network of friends & family - they know where you live so what's the point? :) Besides as you point out - the service providers T&C's would do you in the end.

Using someone outside the jurisdiction of Plod - might end up with unreliable ecm times - as it's once there and then back.

Cheers

RL

p.s. Did eazi delete his posts (that you quote) as I don't see them?

Hmm, true enough, he's deleted them all, lol :err:

What a strange chappy. :)

Hmm, true enough, he's deleted them all, lol :err:

What a strange chappy. :)

Yeah his mum must have used the PC and found all the forums he's been visiting. :lol:

eazi - only kidding, just odd behaviour.

not that odd, just decided that I didn't want to air my linen in public as as far as I'm concerned we were in a loop :)

not that odd, just decided that I didn't want to air my linen in public as as far as I'm concerned we were in a loop :)

We'll have to agree to disagree - it is odd deleting posts and we can all give details of our setups without giving the house nbr\postcode and alot of folk do post up their cfg files (masking out BK's and IP's) helping others, so I don't see it as airing one's dirty laundry. And I wouldn't be alone in thinking this.

You appeared to have a uncommon setup hence the questions - the answers might be of help to someone at sometime.

To each there own.

RL

Back