Openbox Signal problems

Scampa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Open box problems

Basically switch on openbox works fine after about 5 minutes comes up with no signal, if I remove the sat cable from the box and reconnect starts to work again.
I have changed LMB and sat cable, also tried 2 other openboxes with the same results! If I try at a different location all works fine! Really stuck on this any ideas

Mine works fine and I have two boxes, two dishes for FTA but I've heard of and seen a few people with a signal issue. No other way to test it than take it elsewhere or try another Lnb

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have changed the LMB for a new quad, same LMB I fitted a few weeks ago on a different dish all works fine.
When I first connect the sat cable signal quality is around 85-90% after a short time this drops to 10% and I loose signal, if I unscrew the sat cable and then reconnect it (box end)the same happens. There is also also a HD free-view box attached which works fine, I have also disconnected this and just had the openbox connected with the same results. Have now swapped box with mate who has the problem gave him my s10 I got his s9, so should be able to post some more results and tests soon, I did try his box at mine a few days ago and it worked fine. :err:

there is thread on here about having 2 boxes connected when 1 is an openbox the openbox was cured by having a diode fitted between the cable end and the cable socket which cured the signal problem I had a simular problem with my SKY + box and my openbox where connected to the same lnb only some channels worked on the openbox

edogg

Yes I saw that, but this is different, the set-up worked fine for around 8 month having both the freesat box and the openbox connected. If I disconnect the freesat the problem still remains

Ok to recap
The problem happens with your dish/lnb/cable connected to open box
Happens with other open boxes connected the same way.
Doesnt happen with your openbox at your friends house
You have tried different lnb's

on a process of illimination i would suggest the cable from the lnb to the box is faulty as it appears you have eliminated all other possible causes

Thanks for the reply, I gave him my openbox s10 to try and he texted me saying its ok. I tried his s9 and also another s9 both had this error. So all I can come to the conclusion to is that its something with the S9 that differs from the s10... However I currently have his s9 at my house and it works fine??

Quick update the s9 has started to have probs at my location, so everything now points at the box

Quick update the s9 has started to have probs at my location, so everything now points at the box

If its a tuner problem i can give you a link for a replacement tuner for 15 usd from china.

It cannot be a tuner problem as you say the s9 now has the same problem so the cause must be your cable or dish alignment because the problem occurs after a period of time

edogg

It cannot be a tuner problem as you say the s9 now has the same problem so the cause must be your cable or dish alignment because the problem occurs after a period of time

edogg

This thread has went a bit fuzzy
Can the OP clarify the the situation

I have re read the thread and concluded that your mate has the problem box (s9)
You gave him an s10 to test at his end and its ok
You have his s9 at yours and it is now doing the same at your house

Can you clarify this and if not the case can you relist whats going on.

Cheers

Yes sorry guys I wasn't clear.

S9 kept losing signal changed cable and lmb, still kept doing it
Moved s9 to another location and seemed ok for while but has started to do it again
Took s10 to first location and works fine
so it must be the s9

google openbox s9 tuner and you will find the link for the tuner supplier m8
it might be worth the £11 as a punt

google openbox s9 tuner and you will find the link for the tuner supplier m8
it might be worth the £11 as a punt

the problem with that is the S9 tuner is soldered in unlike the S10 which is plug in

Back