Alexa alexa and sonoff switch

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Who are the forum smarthome experts? ive not really been online for a while, so am a bit out of touch, anyway...........

ive been slowly making the new house smart, not too much though, a few alexas, a zigbee bridge, some sensors, lights and sockets, and ive recently bought a sonoff snzb01 switch, this apparently can be setup to do 3 different things, depending on if you press it, double press, or long press, which the ewee app detects

my plan was to link it to a bedside lamp, which at the moment comes on, on a very dim setting 2 minutes before my alarm goes off in the mornings, and turns itself off 10 minutes later, but, if the wife starts messing with the mains switch, to get it to full brightness, then it stuffs up my setting the next morning, and blinds me

the plan was, single click to turn it on to a high brightness, double click to turn off, long click to turn on to my dim setting

BUT.......

no matter what i try, alexa cannot find the switch

different sites ive looked at all sate 'works with alexa', but im unable to actually find anything that tells me how

can anyone help please

tia

dd

Just a thought cause I aint into this, but could the alexa be on 5ghz and the sonoff on 2.5ghz. I have sonoff plugs and they only work on 2.5ghz. I had to turn off 5ghz on the router connect the sonoff plg via 2.5ghz then go back in and turn on the 5ghz again. then everything works.
Sorry Digi if I am talking shite

hiya m8

thanks for the reply, the switch is a battery powered device, and connects via zigbee, to a hub, which is connected into my system. the hub recognises the switch, and every button press, along with numerous other sensors, that alexa has happily found and implemented into various things

but for some reason, this new switch just wont show in my alexa devices

Back