FTA & Saorview

suttsy

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi All,

Its been awhile since my last confession, (I mean post ;)).
So I have got an idea in my head and now I'm planning to act on it.
In the Emerald Isle we have RTE etc, on Saorview which is FTA through a UHF aerial, so I want to have this also with the UK FTA channels picked up through 28.2.
I've bought a zone 2 dish and a quad LNB with a terrestrial port and a Saorview Aerial UHF.
My plan is to connect the UHF aerial to the LNB through the terrestrial port and run a single cable to the point of use, to an AMIKO combo set top box.

I'm asking the forum if they have had any experience with what I'm trying to achieve and their experience with the AMIKO Combo .
  • Is this box sufficient to display both FTA & Saorview, can I also use it for IPTV .
  • Do I need to split the signal before the STB and connect through discq switch to both ports on the AMIKO Combo.
  • Is the AMIKO Combo spec suffice to load a multi-sat channel list and control a motorized dish? If I decide to use it for this purpose only.
I appreciate any feedback or questions on this.

Regards
Suttsy

@cactkid should be able to help with this.

My view although i carnt help with Saorview is the combo will use and control a Motor its also capable of Freeview via an Ariel and its has WebTV which in theory should do IPTV.

@cactkid should be able to help with this.

My view although i carnt help with Saorview is the combo will use and control a Motor its also capable of Freeview via an Ariel and its has WebTV which in theory should do IPTV.
Thanks for the feedback Ferret.

Regards
Suttsy

Back