Openbox S11 won't work with sky hd box turned off

Bugsco

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am having a minor problem, I have a sky hd box and mini dish with a quad lnb 2 of which are being used by the sky box. I have run another cable to the lnb for my new openbox S11 and it works fine........as long as the sky hd box is on. If the sky hd box goes off the openbox s11 loses signal an all channels.

I plan to get a separate dish for the open box when I have the funds but in the mean time is there any way I can turn the sky hd box off with out losing channels on the openbox?

Thanks Bugsco

sounds like the lnb is bring powered by the sky box and when you turn that off its killing the power to the lnb
check the antenna setup on the openbox and see if its set to send power

sounds like the lnb is bring powered by the sky box and when you turn that off its killing the power to the lnb
check the antenna setup on the openbox and see if its set to send power

Yes the openbox is set to power the lnb......is it possible for the connection between box and lnb to be good enough to get picture and sound but not good enough for power to the lnb?

you have 2 posts running and the problems are actually being caused by your setup if you disconnect the sky box from the feed does the open box then get no channels,some channels or all channels I had a setup like yours and could not get high frequency channels when the skybox was on when the sky box was turned off at the wall all channels were then available on the openbox changing the lnb cured this

edogg

that would be my next step either change the ports around on the lnb and if that dont cure it change the lnb

Hmmmm you could well be right I am not getting all channels on the openbox even when the skybox is on, although unlike you when the sky box is off and the cables disconnected from the sky box I still get no channels. It's as if the open box can't power the lnb. I am getting most of the channels I need at the moment it's just a bit of a pain.

Going though the transponder list on the openbox there are quite a few getting low/no signal even when the skybox is on.

As I say when I get the funds I will buy a new dish for the openbox that I can point in more places than 1, just told the misses she was surprisingly not anti the idea although she probably thinks it will be another mini dish so that will be a nice little surprise for her :)

Thanks for your input mate.

when you done the scan on the openbox what sats did you scan as i have found you need to scan 28.2 and 28.5 to get all channels to show right

when you done the scan on the openbox what sats did you scan as i have found you need to scan 28.2 and 28.5 to get all channels to show right

After downloading and loading a channel list onto the openbox it's just listed as sky UK rather than 28.2 & 28.5 even if I delete all channels.

yes once you install the channels list it dont let you pick the other sats whats best to do is re-flash and scan both sats
then load channel list
this is the only way i can get sports and movies to work right in channel lists

Regretting doing it now. I got no more channels but getting shed loads of picture freezing now. :(

Back