ntl dublin nagra 2

I don't know if the areas are segmented - I was told by somebody implementing a cable modem in Ireland that there is no segmentation, unlike England!

lol, there's at least 2 segments. exNTL & exChorus.

Dunno if there's any more than that though, my knowledge of the Irish network setup is a bit limited.

Is is likely that UPC upgraded to n2 just to be able to use the same
STB's that they use in their other european operations and that
they have no intention of switching off n1?

Perhaps,but knowing UPC's track record they will be aiming for Nagra 2 as the norm.

thats what i was hoping / thinking.

Can you imagine the logistics of sending someone out to every house to change the card in the stb.

a lot of cable subscribers have trouble checking to see if cables/wires are loose. let alone changing a card, and in the process of changing the card they might knock some of these wires loose.

N-tee-| and Ch0®us would be seriously stretched to have the man power to make all of those house calls.
at the moment people complain of 3 or 4 days wait for an engineer.

thats what i was hoping / thinking.

Can you imagine the logistics of sending someone out to every house to change the card in the stb.

a lot of cable subscribers have trouble checking to see if cables/wires are loose. let alone changing a card, and in the process of changing the card they might knock some of these wires loose.

N-tee-| and Ch0®us would be seriously stretched to have the man power to make all of those house calls.
at the moment people complain of 3 or 4 days wait for an engineer.

They'll just post them out,it aint rocket science to power down,insert card and power back on.

i know its simple... but most people doent even realise that their stb has a card in it.

and how many people will knock cables loose, and need an engineer to come out and plug it back in

customers are generally thick

cards will be put in upside down, backwards, possibly even inside out

i know its simple... but most people doent even realise that their stb has a card in it.

and how many people will knock cables loose, and need an engineer to come out and plug it back in

customers are generally thick

cards will be put in upside down, backwards, possibly even inside out

im afraid thats wishfull thinking,when it is implimented they will just post them out with clear instructions a chimp could follow

is ROM110 or 142 going to be used?

or is it still a case of wait and see

lol, there's at least 2 segments. exNTL & exChorus.

Dunno if there's any more than that though, my knowledge of the Irish network setup is a bit limited.

Not anymore AFAIK - they de-segmented the network just before Christmas.

im not 100% but i think it is the same version thats been used in the netherlands

The present UPC N1 setup in Ireland is still using the NTL/Chorus management keys so is likely presently being run by Kudelski or possibly still by NTL (cant see NTL handing over its active management keyset to another company) so I imagine UPC will want to migrate to N2 as quickly as possible in order to have sole control of the system.

UPC dont have N1 agreements set up with Kudelski as they have settled on N2 (Rom110) in other countries in which they are active. The current N1 usage in Ireland will be under temporary licence only whilst migration occurs.

I would imagine the delay in migration at the moment is simply down to waiting for the Nagra2 Cams to be completed and tested for the various stb's in use.

The present UPC N1 setup in Ireland is still using the NTL/Chorus management keys so is likely presently being run by Kudelski or possibly still by NTL (cant see NTL handing over its active management keyset to another company) so I imagine UPC will want to migrate to N2 as quickly as possible in order to have sole control of the system.

UPC dont have N1 agreements set up with Kudelski as they have settled on N2 (Rom110) in other countries in which they are active. The current N1 usage in Ireland will be under temporary licence only whilst migration occurs.

I would imagine the delay in migration at the moment is simply down to waiting for the Nagra2 Cams to be completed and tested for the various stb's in use.

has there been many people sending in the new cards for testing?

has there been many people sending in the new cards for testing?

Not that i'm aware of. I believe the people who play with this stuff are still desperate to get cards. Problem with experimenting with glitching these things is you tend to kill them in quite large numbers until you've perfected the process.

What Hardware/Software change (if any) will be needed to glitch theses cards once the hack becomes available, searching around I found this.

Unfortunately, its not really known at the moment whats required. As a starting point i'd guess the Rom110 RevACx scripts along with a suitably modified glitcher. Until testing starts though with a good stock of cards its anybodies guess !

what i'm trying to get at is,
If N2 Rom110 A05 has been in use on the continant for a while now, and they still havent cracked it.. we could be waiting a long time.
Its not as if there will suddenly be a break thru, just because a small irish market needs such a crack.

i'm begining to believe that, as soon as N1 is switched off, we could be waiting a long long time before we get to use our box's again :(

what i'm trying to get at is,
If N2 Rom110 A05 has been in use on the continant for a while now, and they still havent cracked it.. we could be waiting a long time.
Its not as if there will suddenly be a break thru, just because a small irish market needs such a crack.

i'm begining to believe that, as soon as N1 is switched off, we could be waiting a long long time before we get to use our box's again :(

i would say the fact their are so many eastern europeans in Ireland now,that would help cause i think they are into that stuff(not sure though) i also heard that in the early days ireland were one of the most involved countries in cracking them(the ira used it to make money)-i read that somewhere years ago,so it could be bullshit but from what i remember that was said.

Back