ntl dublin nagra 2

velvitjester69

Inactive User
Reaction score
was reading on another forum that ntl in ireland have started testing nagra 2,i thought nagra 2 had been cracked?is the game over if they impliment this?

was reading on another forum that ntl in ireland have started testing nagra 2,i thought nagra 2 had been cracked?is the game over if they impliment this?
Dark Days ahead m8"! Lol

Seriously"!!! I'm sure all will be in place when the time comes"!

We've all got to admit it's been a fair old whack so far, eh? :banana:

So are these just more rumours or when do people predict the end to free cable will come about?

Simply check the logs in Dublin. Nagra2 is on the line.
6 to 12 month and the end is reached.
UPC own the money to finance a card exchange.

Simply check the logs in Dublin. Nagra2 is on the line.
6 to 12 month and the end is reached.
UPC own the money to finance a card exchange.

mgb it was acually a post started by you,that i came across this info,so i was hoping you would drop by.
when they change the encryption what are the chances it will be a nagra 2 that has already been cracked and if not,do you think the new one will be cracked?can someone not just post the nagra 2 keys up and we can input them manualy like starview users used to have to?(probably a stupid question!) lol
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
No provider is so stupid and change to a already hacked card series.
They will use the new rom142 cards.
Nobody knows if the new cards are crackable.

Nobody knows if the new cards are crackable.

Saying that, look how stupid On-digital where! They started off on an already hacked seca encryption.

As far as I remember seca1 was not hacked at start of on-digital.

wasnt / isnt nagra2 been cracked in USA/canada ? i seem to remember some rom11 seller saying it had been cracked and they were using rom11 cards.his rating on ebay went from 100s to 1000's within the space of a few month.

I foud this on the web

Nagra 2 is out!!

Once again the notorious "hackers" have reversed engineered the method to crack down the encryption which is ran by the multi billion dollar companies such as Bell ExpressVu and Dishnetwork. Few years back Nagra 1 which was the encryption used on Bell and Dishnetwork to recieve the signal was cracked down by a bunch of engineers to stop from paying for satellite television, it was the black market undergoing some serious $$$$$. With the Nagra 1 and its offerings for up to 1,100 channels of programming for the north american continent it was pretty much unstoppable. But after a few years like most providers, they tend to upgrade, change, and modify theyr changes on their network. Dishnet decided to swap all the cards from all their existing customer because they were planning on going to a new encryption. But sure enough only after 6 months when the Nagra 2 encryption came out....The hackers once again reversed engineered the code and now soon to be, theyrs going to be free tv again. I guess technology is so advanced that no one can stop it.

------------------------
That was pretty much a brief overview of whats happening, and whats to come. This of course not violating any forum rules since its a topic and not a guide on "how to" obtain Nagra 2. The rumour about Nagra 2 has been going on for 3 months now, but its confirmed as of last week that it was finally cracked down.
------------------------

@silverdale
Nagra2 is not always the same.
It depends which card version is in use.
The new rom142 card is only in portugal in use till yet.

Last edited:
Personally I don’t think the service providers look at what has been hacked or not”! I think it’s all about affordability. If that was the case they all would have gone to: Videoguard (Sky Digital )
Sky invested millions upon millions into building their own dedicated CA system”! they also go to a lot of bother closing down forums who comment on progress towards hacking their systems.
I don’t see any other providers doing that”! Digital+ tried that without success”!

All you have to do is Look in to the dates they changed encryption and check forums like Cardcoders, rom10X and so on to see that I’m right”!
Polsat changed to Nagra2 101 cards knowing full well that the guys across the waters in Usa and Canada had already hacked it”! then Digital+ did the same knowing that Polsat had been hacked”! then Tv Cabo done the same knowing that Digital+ had been hacked”! Again one by one they decided to change Cards from 102 to 110 and again the same had happened”! know Cabo have changed to rom142 and I know the same cycle as started”! this time Tv cabo taking the stearing wheel”!
In my opinion”! Even dough Nagra2 has been hacked it still a success for the providers”! anyone that deals with N2 Every day will tell you”!
With Nagra1 most of the people have access to programs to read and write cards, to cards and all the information on how to”Mosc”! With Nagra2 very few have access to programs that read and write and almost none to rom110 cards”! Yes there are so called scripts for rom110s, but they are hit and miss most of the times or they will kill the ATR “! That’s why I think that Nagra2 has been a success for the providers

You are a little bit out of date.
The hack in USA became public after the european providers changed to nagra2.
Rom102/110/120/122 is all the same family.
Rom142 is the first shot from kudelski after 2003 where the inital rom120 was introduced for german premiere.

This may Help"!

I dint see the need to mention all the Nagra2 cards in the Market”! of course I know they are from the same family just like the ones you forgot to mention like 103s and the S0 series

Who is behind the Nagra hacks?
THE HACKS, the HACKERS and the FACTS - A Chronology of Events

1. Nagra 1 Hack - compromised by NDS in a hush-hush laboratory in Israel. Keys released to underground hacking site. Private plastic hacks become a reality.

2. AVR2 - The first really reliable board hack for Nagra 1. It was financed by Ron McDonald. The brains behind it was his son-in-law. They were based in Paradise Island, originally from Burlington, ON. They got started back in the C-band days.There is an interesting article about this group if look for it on Google.

3. AVR3 - With the introduction of MECM processing, the AVR2 was replaced with the AVR3 "wedge" hack. Stuntguy wrote the code and it was for the most part freeware. This was the first "widespread" cardless hack. It was even banned in Canada because of RF
interference.

4. Atmega 128 - Enter MTL (Montreal) group. With the AVR3 no longer able to support cardless operation (due to MECM control word processing), a business man (Christian) out of Quebec financed the developement of the Atmega 128. OMega EFA was the original designer; x-15 was the coder. This card became the standard for testing among pirates and was widely distributed by dealers.

5. DSSRevolution - Christian decides to make another million; x-15 supplies the code; Christian screws x-15 and starts cloning. x-15 walks away and the project dies.

6. Magic Card - Two coders were actually behind this one. The "original" Magician was McDonald's son-in-law. There was initially no interest for this product. Enter Christian and MTL group. Having just screwed x-15, Christian's cash cow was out of milk. Christian agreed to fund this project. It was only a matter of time before Christian cloned this card too. Then the clone wars started. The "second" Magician who succeeding in cloning the card was Dave2 working quietly behind the scenes for Christian's MTL group. The "original" Magician abandoned Christian and teamed up with an offshore dealer in the Bahamas and introduced Magic 2. Christian even succeeded in screwing the cloner (i.e. Dave2) and the Magic card eventually died with the demise of Nagra 1. Although it wasn't the most popular card by far, the clone wars, DOS attacks, fake lawsuits, software hacks, biker stories and all the rest of it was a riot. Christian managed to make his third million during all the chaos.

7. DSSNeo - This card died before it was born. It was introduced towards the tail end of Nagra 1. It was not well financed. The coder was Trinity from CC.

8. Nagra 2 Hack - The MTL group financed the first successful attack on the 101 series cards in Canada. They even made a video boasting about their accomplishments and quietly circulated it among dealers in the summer of 2005. Christian was guaranteed a virtually monopoly on card programming and was charging $500 to program cards for Quebec and southern Ontario dealers. I think he got up to $5 million before a member of his group leaked the dumping techniques being used.

9. Public Nagra 2 Hack - Widespread dumps of the 101 card started to appear around September 2005 thanks to the leak.

10. Syndrome - An small dealer Dish Monkey in Ontario financed this project but sales were disappointing. A coder from CC was behind it. The project died after the manufacturer got busted, but it never really got off to a good start although the cards worked very well.

11. AVR-X - This was a unique idea. It got around cloning and firmware modding by latching onto the IRD JTAG port. Only someone who knows the JTAG port like the back of his hand could have pulled it off. Yep, Dave2 (of JKEYS fame), the "second" Magician was behind it. Christian didn't make a cent off it! The early cards were plagued by manufacturing and coding problems and finally tDave2 packed up his bags and disappeared.

12. Since Christian had burned every coder who had worked for him, he was on his own now. He turned to FTA instead. With controlling interests in Ariza, Viewsat and Coolsat, he was importing about 10,000 FTA units into Montreal every month. I think he is up to $7 million now. He almost got pinched by the RCMP in March 2006 for his role with the 101 card, but he got away.

13. Armulator/Armega - Christian and MTL group are behind this one too. By the spring of 2006 it was well known among coders that major datastream changes were on the way from Europe and extensive hashing would be the only way to stop the proliferation of FTA boxes. The coder is unknown, but he is a member of the MTL group and was instrumental in the 101 dealer hack. The code was sloppy and not optimized for fast RSA processing but the coder did anticipate the coming hashes and the card started getting better. The project is in trouble now as the original coder has bailed out. Several dealers dropped the card before it even had a chance. The Arm processor was a good idea. Christian always ruins a good project in his endless quest to make another buck or million.

14. Romulator - A coder close to Zacky's group in Spain is behind this card. He worked on the Atmega 128 for the European market. The "Romulata" card has been in wide circulation in Spain for several months now. It was delayed in North America because the coder wasn't familiar with the Jtag protocols. It is a hybrid of the Armulator and AVR-X. It was rumoured that the Armulator coder jumped ship and started working on the Romulator because it too uses the Arm chip. That would explain the manufacturing and supply problems of the Armulator. The card works well in Spain.

15. Mega Card / Super Atmega - Essentially an Atmega based card that uses two ICs instead of one. The idea being that two chips simultaneously perform RSA to cut the processing time in half. I am not certain about the coder, but I strongly suspect x-15. I believe it is two different cards financed by two different groups. The JTAG is involved in one design much like the AVR-X.

Last edited:
Very interesting guys..

But a lot of this seems to be related to cards.

What about the dreamboxes and the likes...
I think they have software card emulators? (pardon my ingorance of the technology.. so much to learn so little time!)

I was out and about last night and I hear the mention that a few poeple were trading in boxes that get 300 channels... didn't get more into it with them... but it appears any Joe Soap can buy a Cable box like a Starview etc and get it up and running pretty easily. last night was the first time I realized just how common it is... so I'm sure that UPC etc are out to stop this sooner rather than later..

And seeming it's so easy the situation is only gonna get worse.... (or has it been like this for years!?)

However ain't there already Narga2 softkeys for the dreambox? (on sat) what to stop somone just using that.. ?

i'm sure i'm missing something... or missing a lot... fill me in.?

tnx

Back