Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

no softcams included in backup images?

steevo88

Inactive User
hi guys im a dreambox guy usually but just changed to zgemma because of price and good reviews, ive just managed to get a few back up images running but in all images the softcam menus are blank, i have install from plug in menu and also ftp the newest version but still none show up in the softcam manager, can anyone please tell me what im doing wrong?

managed to get a softcam working but not the cline, on mine there is a softcam 1 and a softcam 2 even though im using a single tuner box (zgemma star s)im guessing these are for twin tuner setup, thing is i still cant get my line to work, works perfectly on my dreambox, just tried it now, there is a file in var/keys but it says ccam.cfg.example but my dreambox one says cccam.cfg and thats where i enter it and it works (on dreambox), do i need to edit the title of of the config file to (cccam.cfg) same as dreambox when i edit it?

managed to get a softcam working but not the cline, on mine there is a softcam 1 and a softcam 2 even though im using a single tuner box (zgemma star s)im guessing these are for twin tuner setup, thing is i still cant get my line to work, works perfectly on my dreambox, just tried it now, there is a file in var/keys but it says ccam.cfg.example but my dreambox one says cccam.cfg and thats where i enter it and it works (on dreambox), do i need to edit the title of of the config file to (cccam.cfg) same as dreambox when i edit it?

Both run enigma 2 and mipsel Emus so what works on a Dreambox works on the Zgemma.

What Image are you running and what CCcam Version ?`

What version of CCcam are you using mate?, 2.30 worked well for me. Also i think the CCcam.cfg is case sensitive. I know on openATV 5.1 the CCcam.cfg goes into the /etc/ folder i have attached a screen shot. Let us know how you get on mate.

Screenshot.png

Only select your cccam in softcam 1 if you se lect both your line won't clear leave softcam 2 blank.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

What version of CCcam are you using mate?, 2.30 worked well for me. Also i think the CCcam.cfg is case sensitive. I know on openATV 5.1 the CCcam.cfg goes into the /etc/ folder i have attached a screen shot. Let us know how you get on mate.

View attachment 94164

really appreciate all the replies gents, im running a openatv 5.1 mate and ccam 2.3.0, ferret i know they are very similar but the way you enter these details seems different probably something im missing, on the dreambox i just go to etc>cccam.cfg and edit it into there and it works. on the zgemma ive been told you enter it in usr>keys but the file there is labelled (cccam.cfg.sample_230) i still edit this same way as dreambox but no channels show, also if i look in the etc folder where the file is originally located and its labelled (cccam_2.3.0.emu) there is not file labelled cccam.cfg as on dreambox, hope this explains it better

As for the final point, on cam 1 and cam 2 i did only activate cam 1 thanks for the heads up.

Ok mate try this, start from scratch.

Download latest openATV nightly from Zgemma's site....

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Download Notepad++

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Im going to PM you a CCcam.cfg, open with Notepad++, put in your line details and copy that to the /etc/ folder see picture i attached in previous post. Then a little bit of house keeping...This info below is not my work.

OpenAtv 5.1 guide

You will need a 4gb USB drive and/or a larger USB drive if you want to record programs and the box connect by LAN.

Pre and Install openatv image
1. On PC format USB drive to FAT32 (quick)
2. Unzip ‘openatv-5.1-zgemmas2s_usb.zip’ image
3. Transfer ‘zgemma’ folder to root of USB drive
4. Insert USB into SAT box and Power on.
5. Once ‘USB’ displayed on Box a quick press and release ‘standby’ button on box, this will then display ‘FLSH’
6. If no ‘FLSH’ then use another USB drive as zgemma can be fussy with some makes of USB drive
7. Leave box, it should take 5 mins to flash then it will auto boot, it will boot into the Post Flash Initial Setup Wizard.

Post Flash Initial Setup–( Use remote scroll left right up and down arrows as required)
System boots in German, don’t worry we’ll change that soon
1. Select your TV connectiom type ie HDMI press Ok
2. Select your TV resolution ie 1080i press Ok
3. Select your Refresh rate ie 50mhz press Ok
4. Select ‘English UK’ press Ok
5. Press Ok at the User Interface setup
6. Press Ok to use 'Wizard for Basic'
7. Select 'Check Internet Connection'
8. Press Ok if Internet working
9. Setup Tuner A - Config mode scroll to 'Simple' , Satellite scroll to '28'2e Astra' ,Send DISCqC to 'Yes' leave all other options default, Press Ok
10. Setup Tuner B - Config Mode 'equal to' Press Ok
11. 'No scan Later' press Ok
12. Network setup Press Ok, Press Ok again
13. Press ‘Exit’ again when shown the German channel Bouquets

Housework on box
1. Remove USB Boot drive and Insert your Storage USB drive
2. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Initialisation ,Select your drive and format it
3. Menu-setup-system-storage devices-Convert ext3 to ext4 ,Select your drive and convert it
4. Menu-info Panel-Plugins- Swap Manager, Blue to create 256mb, Green to activate, yellow to autostart
5. Menu-plugins Green button to add find Systemplugin- 'Autobouquetsmaker' and install
6. Time or channels number on Front LED display? Menu-Setup-Usage&GUI-LED Display ,Change setting as required.
7. Reboot

There is also a youtube video which i used which got me up and running...

YouTube

As for teething problems read my posts there quite straight forward, hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the config file from your dreambox on the zgemma just ftp to var/ keys folder it should work.

Try the config file from your dreambox on the zgemma just ftp to var/ keys folder it should work.

genius mate, worked right away i must of been missing the cccam.cfg file, really appreciate everyones replies i tried the easiest thing first and it worked well chuffewd now i can go zand play around, thanks guys keep up the good work!

really appreciate all the replies gents, im running a openatv 5.1 mate and ccam 2.3.0, ferret i know they are very similar but the way you enter these details seems different probably something im missing, on the dreambox i just go to etc>cccam.cfg and edit it into there and it works. on the zgemma ive been told you enter it in usr>keys but the file there is labelled (cccam.cfg.sample_230) i still edit this same way as dreambox but no channels show, also if i look in the etc folder where the file is originally located and its labelled (cccam_2.3.0.emu) there is not file labelled cccam.cfg as on dreambox, hope this explains it better

As for the final point, on cam 1 and cam 2 i did only activate cam 1 thanks for the heads up.

On the OpenATV image the CCcam.cfg goes in usr/keys.

That's what I'm using mate openATV 5.1 and the CCcam.cfg deffo works or dose for me in the /etc/ folder see the screenshot on page one :)

That's what I'm using mate openATV 5.1 and the CCcam.cfg deffo works or dose for me in the /etc/ folder see the screenshot on page one :)

Well know fact its usr/keys on OpenATV your pic does not show us the image your using.

Your OpenATV image must be special.

Well know fact its usr/keys on OpenATV your pic does not show us the image your using.

Your OpenATV image must be special.

LOL :) it was from Zgemma's website, there nightly builds and the file-name is called....

openatv-5.1-zgemmash2-20160201_usb.zip

I'm guessing its from 1st Feb 2016.

cant seem to get any softcams to work
installed latest firmware :- openatv-5.1-zgemmas2s-20160306_usb.zip

installed manually softcam as no softcams shown:- enigma2-plugin-cam-mgcamd-full-v1.38_all.ipk

transfered known working version of :- mg_cfg cccamd.list newcamd.list

using ccline

but cant activate cam as no option is shown in menu

cant seem to get any softcams to work
installed latest firmware :- openatv-5.1-zgemmas2s-20160306_usb.zip

installed manually softcam as no softcams shown:- enigma2-plugin-cam-mgcamd-full-v1.38_all.ipk

transfered known working version of :- mg_cfg cccamd.list newcamd.list

using ccline

but cant activate cam as no option is shown in menu

Thats the wrong version cam for OpenATV i think.

Anyway you install the softcam feed you can download cams on openatv

Menu-Plugin-Green button

Attachments

• softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.rar
    934 bytes · Views: 9
Back