New To Sat Always been a Cable Guy

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I am moving home soon and have never had sat tv, ive always had cable or at least up until the point they switched to nagra. dabbled in tivo but fecked it off cause VM p*ssed me off so much. Anyhow to cut a long story short I was wondering seeing as the sly dish has been installed is there a box I may purchase that could make use of the dish without having to subscribe to a package of any sort. and maybe if im lucky get football movies etc.. I understand about the need for motors and big sat dishes to get european stuff and freebies etc but was wondering what I could do with just norm sat dish and maybe the purchase of a box off fleabay or something. any pointers where to start reading would be good. Ive started reading digis sat guide etc and am only assuming that i can get freesat at least but anything else would be nice.

if your not gonna have a motorised dish I would hangfire for a while.

Get something like a dm500s box and hook it up - you will get all the freesat channels at first and will be a good opportunity to learn about the box. Stick on the Open Pli image and play about with it.

ive decided to get a dm500s as soon as i move in, but i also notice dm500s clones and on fleabay the boxes are all different types on pictures anyhow. how do i know im buying the right dm500s? what are the things i should look for to make sure its the right box for the job. is there a hd version are they all the same, are there any other versions that are better etc. also i notice offers of 1- 12 month etc included, is there any need for this or would i be able to link the networking up somewhere for free on the net?

Last edited:
ive decided to get a dm500s as soon as i move in, but i also notice dm500s clones and on fleabay the boxes are all different types on pictures anyhow. how do i know im buying the right dm500s? what are the things i should look for to make sure its the right box for the job. is there a hd version are they all the same, are there any other versions that are better etc. also i notice offers of 1- 12 month etc included, is there any need for this or would i be able to link the networking up somewhere for free on the net?

f3 box m8 £40/£50 full hd 1080p pvr plug and play box

In response to CShring would i be better off using vm broadband while linking it to my new box which ever one i choose which is hooked up to sly dish or would it need to be through adsl line so have to subscribe to bt?

Back