new set up needed

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys ! can anyone point me in the right direction, im after buying a satalight system that can pick up the footy on saturday afternoons. few people i know have them but its like getting blood out of a stone for info from them ! only 2 weeks to go for the big kick off so any help is appreciated..! cheers

there are different types of systems available, do you want HD, are you looking to get as much as possible, do you want the stability of your own viewing card, or to have to rely on a server (which cant be helped with) what sort of budget do you have?

Agree with Digidude on this one anyone can have a tailor made system but it all depends on what 'BUDGET' you have to spend

well guys ive been given couple quotes ! from a friend but wont give me a number to ring to enquire for myself ! he quoted £90 for dish & £70 for box or £135 if i wanted hd......! i would like hd for the footy.. could i get a better offer and any numbers i can ring ! if its a stationary dish i think i could install as ive installed a sky dish before...!

no good saying you've been quoted this and that, did you ask what type of box you would get for the £135, or what type of dish you would get for the £90, does it come with motor??? they could be trying to sell you an openbox for £135 when there only £60 to buy.. you really need to do some research on what type of box you want, and what you want out of said box, buy the gear yourself and get a professional to install the motorised dish if thats the way you go, or if your capable do it yourself!

and you still havnt mentioned a budget so the guys on here can help you decide the best way to go!

BIG-HOL is spot on, my advice would be work out your budget maximum and then come back on here with what you have so we can guide you as to what may be suitable for your needs, Also dont get sucked into buying these £99 all in one packs as they are shit apart from maybe 1 item that might be of quality. You should only buy once so buy right and buy quality and your system should last you years.

well i have no idea what boxs are used for the footy or whats the best to get.....and i have no idea what is the decent range to go for price wise ! i just needed pointing in the right direction !! ill get summat sorted 1 way or another thanks anyway guys !!!much appreciated

well i have no idea what boxs are used for the footy or whats the best to get.....and i have no idea what is the decent range to go for price wise ! i just needed pointing in the right direction !! ill get summat sorted 1 way or another thanks anyway guys !!!much appreciated

Well if your going to be chasing the footy then your best bet is a motorised system,

Dish mount-either wall or pole mount
1m Dish,make optional
TM2600 or dark motor
Dm800se

then you will need to sort out some form of cardsharing/subscription to enable you to watch the matches you want (this bit is probably the hardest)

It's pretty simple whats your Budget £200,£300,£500 a £1000, we only need a figure of what you are prepared to spend then we can advise the best Receiver,Dish,Motor,LNB in that price bracket as Wiz569 correctly puts it for footie your going to need a motorised setup.

cheapest for me was to go for Bulsat @39E - 2 channels with 3pm games .. and open with Irdeto 2 keys. Only problem commentary is in Bulgarian and its not HD.

cost wise

£30 60cm dish/mount/lnb
£50 DM500S

also not sure if this season the 2 channels will open with Irdeto 2 keys

Back