**NEW** DM800SE Clones are on the Market

did you power off the box and then when pushing the power back into it you kept a hold of the power button on the front, wait until it starts to say the word *boot* and then it should say "stop" and have an ip address listed which you then type in your browser. (i would presume the SE's are the same as the 800HD's)

I'd stay clear of the PLI- iamge as problem with the HDD and it finding it, top image at the moment (just my opnion) is the "blackhold" sim 2.01 image ! it's the dogs.

Just toying with the idea of getting one......

Hi guys ,

i wanted to get full hd so will upgrade from my dm500s ,,so reliable but no hd ..i've just recieved the new dm800 se clone box ,connected to network and typed in the ip address into browser but no sign of flash facility thru browser ,,will get my head around it but with it being fairly new there does not seem to be much info as yet ,,thinking the 800 hd images will be ok to flash? but which one?? all help appreciated from you more experienced guys ,,probably a steep learning curve compared to my old faithful dm 500 but fun learning ..

Basically NO you cannot use DM800HD images on a 800SE the images are different ! Theres different drivers and CPU on the SE.

The flash procedure over Webbrowser does work but the procedure is different, not the same as DM800HD. There are full guides on the official support forum for SIM2.01 team (DreamOEM). The flashing softwares and tools, as well all all latest images are also there.

wow good job you posted matey!

thanks - glad i didn't ruin any one's box! that would have been a mare!

Note to self: don't post what you don't know about.

(reminds me of the days when i flashed my sagem with the wrong boot loader)

any actually ordered 1 of these, fancy 1 myself but theres so many places selling them, can someone pm where they bought theres if anyone has indeed purchased 1, would be great, thanks!

Nope ... I keep getting tempted to buy one, but I dont need one....will have to sell one of my current 800HD PRO units first... I am waiting to see how the image support and hardware comes along.

Already there was an issue with early production 1st release recievers card readers not working, this has now been fixed... Havent heard of any other issues yet...

Price is pretty tempting, 150 ish delivered from usual China Suppliers....Some UK dealers charging 210 + postage...I'd rather save the cash and go direct to China seller....The mark up for UK sellers is took much an exta 80 qud (when delivery price is added)...No Thanks...

Nope ... I keep getting tempted to buy one, but I dont need one....will have to sell one of my current 800HD PRO units first... I am waiting to see how the image support and hardware comes along.

Already there was an issue with early production 1st release recievers card readers not working, this has now been fixed... Havent heard of any other issues yet...

Price is pretty tempting, 150 ish delivered from usual China Suppliers....Some UK dealers charging 210 + postage...I'd rather save the cash and go direct to China seller....The mark up for UK sellers is took much an exta 80 qud (when delivery price is added)...No Thanks...
How much ya wanting for 1 of ya 800's then, lol, i dont need 1 either just want a spare receiver to chuck in 1 of the bedrooms to have a mess about with, personally dont like buying from china although the things i hae bought iv never had trouble with, plus theres too many dealers selling them so dont know who to go with, pm me mate if you interested in selling 1 cheap, lol!

hi dibbers thx for your input ..yeh finally cracked the holding button bit ..works ok so will check out best image ,,need one compatible with sim 210 ssl82 ..god my heads mashed researching this already ..

just take note matey, about the images etc are not the same like i posted though mate, i imagine though that there all going to work in the same sort of way once you've flashed it, i'm going to pick one up and have a play, but i'm struggling at the minute as the dream 800HD that i have, i can't fault it at the minute.....

just take note matey, about the images etc are not the same like i posted though mate, i imagine though that there all going to work in the same sort of way once you've flashed it, i'm going to pick one up and have a play, but i'm struggling at the minute as the dream 800HD that i have, i can't fault it at the minute.....

well the playing about is fun anyway mate thanks for advice

coolio, i just have to remember not to jump in and advise on stuff that i know nothing about, lol, I'd hate you to have screwed the dream SE up with advice from me! I'll zip it next time and let the pro's talk tech!

i still can't decide if i should get a dream SE or not....i just simply can't fault the dream 800 hd at the min, all though the SE has a faster processor, at the end of the day it's the TELE thaI'm'm here to watch not the menus......decissionsdecisionsns, !

coolio, i just have to remember not to jump in and advise on stuff that i know nothing about, lol, I'd hate you to have screwed the dream SE up with advice from me! I'll zip it next time and let the pro's talk tech!

i still can't decide if i should get a dream SE or not....i just simply can't fault the dream 800 hd at the min, all though the SE has a faster processor, at the end of the day it's the TELE thaI'm'm here to watch not the menus......decissionsdecisionsns, !

If I was buying a new reciever now, I would be tempted to buy the DM800SE.... The only issue I have heard about hardware wise was the the card reader issue which has been fixed now. So compared to older DM800HD clones theyve launched relatively cleanly...

But it's better not to jump the gun yet...and wait till the SE is a bit more established , see what the software support is like etc...although there is lots of new images being released, including a new OpenPLI one.

For now DM800HD PRO is a safe bet, tried and tested stable... I dont have any issues with my DM800HD PRO unit's at the minute... only benefit i'd gain would be faster CPU hence faster boot up, image speeds, and improved Media Player. Also the design and layout is neater and more thought out, easier to fit the SATA drive, access the SIM card, and large central silent fan, tempreature controlled. No more serial port either so disaster recovery flashes should be faster via USB.

hi dibbers if you already sorted with dm800 you prob be better sticking with it ,i ugraded from dm500 ..happy with quality of hd tho so can defo see a difference ..

i think 800se more stable and faster boot, i buy it from a china factory ############# only 20-30S for boot, picture quality better

###stop advertising your shop (ellie1998)###

Last edited by a moderator:
i think 800se more stable and faster boot, i buy it from a china factory ########### only 20-30S for boot, picture quality better

i dont think you buy them i think you sell them and thats your site i seen your nick on few other forums too promoting

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about to push the button on one of the DM800SE Clones. I dont want to make the same mistake and get a pile of crap like I did with the TM800HD. So just before I do has anyone got one that I could ask a few questions. If not I will be the guinea pig then lol.

I'm also thinking of getting one of these, had enough of nursing my TM6900HD on CS, I've had to go back to a DM500 and watch standard definition but at least its stable. I could also do with some info off guys who already has this beast, could someone also PM me with good supplier.

Many thanks all

Regards Finearrow

i ve been asking around on this and few other forums, but i think im gonna hold on as its too new, i just dont trust their quality control its probably hit and miss. but then again my old dm is in another house and need one for the new place, i am tempted.

i ve been asking around on this and few other forums, but i think im gonna hold on as its too new, i just dont trust their quality control its probably hit and miss. but then again my old dm is in another house and need one for the new place, i am tempted.

Yes its a bumber aint it, but I think I will do a bit more research first, china seems the cheapest way to get hold of one, I bought a load of dm500's a few years ago
from china, the receivers were OK but the power supplies only lasted 6 months, get what you pay for I guess.

Regards Finearrow

Back