DM800se D6 dead out of the box

noliveira

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Dm800se D6 from a well known Chinese website recommended by many user from this forum but unfortunately the receiver they sent me doesn't power up.
When I got it I simply took it out of the box and connected it to the power supply and it never worked. No lights on led's or Oled, no Fan, nothing....
So I first started to check the obvious things, output from the power supply, back power switch, I looked if everything inside was connected, cables, SIM, Tuner, everything seems fine.
I also plugged the receiver without the Tuner, I read in some forums that if it is a faulty Tuner the receiver should power up without tuner connected, but still nothing.

So I contacted the guys in China but they say I have to send the mainboard back to get a working on and I have to pay for the shipping (yes I have pay to get a new one, they sent a faulty receiver that I never used and I have to pay and extra 78€ to send the mainboard through EMS and get a new one), so I don't think it's worth sending!

I made some shoots of the mainboard, I have basic electronic knowledge and I have a multimeter, what are the usual things that break and that I should test on mainboard????

Thanks

Are you sure it's not the power brick that is faulty? I know that said you measured the output but you need to measure the output under load. Check the intensity of the green light on the brick when you switch the box on as that sometimes gives a clue.

How did you pay for this, if via Paypal or even aliexpress then you can lodge a dispute which normally gets the supplier to be a bit more helpful.

This unfortuantely is the biggest gamble you take when buying goods from China, you are responsible for sending the goods back to the selelr for warranty issues.
As above try a different known working PSU first they are cheap enough 10 quid or so, you can also use a older DM500 psu as well to test with they are lower output and wont support hard disk etc but shiould be enough just to prove power to the reciever.
If it's not the power supply then yes unfortunatley your stuck with wither a paypal dispute or sending the board back. This is why I say it's dangerous to recommend suppliers to people.. A good experience for one person doesnt guarantee a good experience for the next person..

Gotta agree with the above, it is pure pot luck. Even what you thought was a trusted supplier can start arsing you about as in the end they don't want to have to spend more money sorting things out for you.

when buying from China, the suppliers there are working on margins...ina lot of cases they are not the manufacturers of the equipment they are just resellers so they'll buy in recievers in volume then sell them to you with an added margin which is where they make their money.
It's very unlikely that they will ever cover your postage on warranty returns or DOA equipment back to China it's too expensive for them they'll be loosing money.
A lot of UK suppliers are the same i.e: you have to pay postage to return the item to them for replacment although if you love in the same country postage is a lot cheaper.
This is why sometimes it's better to use AliExpress or similar they used to operate an Escrow service not sure if they still do..i.e: you buy via AliExpress they hold the money until you recieve the goods, only when you have confirmed that you have recieved the item and you are happy it is working do they release the funds to the supplier. Within certain time limits of course..

Back