**NEW** DM800SE Clones are on the Market

Yes its a bumber aint it, but I think I will do a bit more research first, china seems the cheapest way to get hold of one, I bought a load of dm500's a few years ago
from china, the receivers were OK but the power supplies only lasted 6 months, get what you pay for I guess.

Regards Finearrow

yeah gone through 2 power supplies until i found an exact fit from a modem power i think it was and thats been going for a year and a half now, my advice on power is get the voltage and buy else where! keep me up to date with your research as well please mate, seems the 800hd se version is going to be in three ways. 1) original, 2) ferrari team and 3) oem 2.10 team. The ferrari team seem to be barking allot so my guess is they are falling behind.

Last edited:
I asked my supplier a few qustions about the DM800se clone, he is local and I have bought other stuff off him before and never had a problem.

Here is what he said.

Hi ****
Yes i use one myself
Streaming to pc works fine
Pause tv no probs but need hard drive attached/installed or can mount a drive over the network

Media player also works fine for most file formats
Have no experience of the tm800
Many more images available for dreamboxes so this is where they are so popular and images and plugins constantly being developed to improve them
The twin tuner boxes also work fine
Best regards

So I am going to order one tomorrow.

i'd like to know if the fan is silent, like really silent, like you can't hear it at all.....what are they like? ta.

i'd like to know if the fan is silent, like really silent, like you can't hear it at all.....what are they like? ta.

Mine was totally quiet, that is till the mrs told me sit it back on the laptop cooler cause she liked the wee blue led's LOL,
box works much faster as well

thanks, yeah i hear that they run much faster, been keeping up to date on this thread, thinking of putting some passive heatsinks on the GPU.

I asked my supplier a few qustions about the DM800se clone, he is local and I have bought other stuff off him before and never had a problem.

Here is what he said.

Hi ****
Yes i use one myself
Streaming to pc works fine
Pause tv no probs but need hard drive attached/installed or can mount a drive over the network

Media player also works fine for most file formats
Have no experience of the tm800
Many more images available for dreamboxes so this is where they are so popular and images and plugins constantly being developed to improve them
The twin tuner boxes also work fine
Best regards

So I am going to order one tomorrow.

Twin tuner ?, please tell us more, like where from and how much, did'nt know there was a twin tuner version apart from the DM8000HD

Finearrow

There has been unconfirmed rumours for a while now that a dual tuner board was going to be released for the DM800SE, as far as I know it hasnt materialised. Would be very intresting though if it did appear in the near futire...

But otherwise yes the Dm8000 can support quad tuners, DVD drive etc etc...originals priced at something like 1000 GBP...Clones were around 370 last time I checked maybe bit less now...

Sorry misunerstanding I was also talking to him about alternatives to DM800se as I would like 2 tuners. He was refering to Qbox mini and VU duo. Sorry about that.

Twin tuner ?, please tell us more, like where from and how much, did'nt know there was a twin tuner version apart from the DM8000HD

Finearrow

Last edited:
Sorry misunerstanding I was also talking to him about alternatives to DM800se as I would like 2 tuners. He was refering to Qbox mini and VU duo. Sorry about that.

I was tempted by a Qbox Mini very well priced for a TwinTuner E2 linux reciever, bit underpowered CPU/chipset compared to other recievers though, apparently supposed to work well though with all basic features, PVR, timeshift etc.. Not sure why it's not more popular.

No worries mate, keep us posted regarding your new DM800se, how much are you getting it for ?, perhalps you could PM me your supplier.

Regards Finearrow

That supplier is now out of stock as he had a rush on them last week. They are based in Ireland and will have more in Thurs/Fri if you want link just PM me.

No worries mate, keep us posted regarding your new DM800se, how much are you getting it for ?, perhalps you could PM me your supplier.

Regards Finearrow

Ferarri Team have announced they will release their version of the DM800SE clone on 8th August, pictures show it having a white case..Will be intresting to see if it starts a price war.

That supplier is now out of stock as he had a rush on them last week. They are based in Ireland and will have more in Thurs/Fri if you want link just PM me.

are these worth getting looking to install a full system and some advise would be good ireland supplier would be good tooooo..

guarantee on no price war, infact im expecting a much higher price from the ferrari team, enabling 2.1 team to keep prices at same level, whats an average now £150 ish?

yeh between 150 - 160 delivered is about right depending on exhange rates dollar vs pound.If buying from China. Not from UK sellers...i've seen prices as high as 225 delivered fro UK sellers.
Good News is the DM800HD PRO units are now cheaper as a result of the SE units, I got a email last week off some China supplier saying one week special offer if I buy more than 12 DM800 HD units under 80 quid a unit !
Single units were around 115 I delivered last time I checked.
I agree Ferarri team most likely will be more expnesive that SIM2 version of the 800SE, if they even release on time and dont come up with more lame excuses.

My old old DM800 (bl72 with glitching issues) has finally given up the ghost so I'm looking at replacing it with an 800SE. Could anyone with decent suppliers they would recommend pm me please? Much appreciated.

Excuse my ignorance...what's the difference btwn Ferrari an whatever the other DM800SE version is...seems every one is awaiting a Ferrari...is it better? what/how?

Also, can you please PM me the supplier for getting a DM800SE 2.1 ?

How much time does it take to reach from China ?

yeh between 150 - 160 delivered is about right depending on exhange rates dollar vs pound.If buying from China. Not from UK sellers...i've seen prices as high as 225 delivered fro UK sellers.
Good News is the DM800HD PRO units are now cheaper as a result of the SE units, I got a email last week off some China supplier saying one week special offer if I buy more than 12 DM800 HD units under 80 quid a unit !
Single units were around 115 I delivered last time I checked.
I agree Ferarri team most likely will be more expnesive that SIM2 version of the 800SE, if they even release on time and dont come up with more lame excuses.

The difference is SIM 2 Team and Ferarri Team are the two biggest clone reciever developmen teams...they make the Security SIM cards in the recievers that allow you boot images (the original DM recievers also have security SIMS it's an anti clone measure).
Traditionally SIM2 Team recievers have always had better support, faster release of patched SSL bootloaders, faster releae of new patched drivers and images with talented patchers RamiMaher, MFaraj etc.. Also Hardware was imprived quicker on SIM 2 products for example addition of heatsink and Fan on 800HD clones, Rev M tuner, Fan switch off in standby 800 PRO model were all SIM 2 team.
Ferarri team recievers dont have fans or heatsinks and use older rev j and k tuners. The reason why people are waiting for Ferarri 800SE is to see if it starts a price war... but I dont think this will happen Ferarri version will probably cost more.
There are lots of China suppliers, check on aliexpress. Takes around 4-5 days from China with DHL, or upto 2 weeks with EMS.

@cuebase; would you be kind enough to pm me with details of your supplier thanks

Back